PDA

View Full Version : Todays hot debate

Viney
27-04-05, 07:39 AM
Forget the race for no.10 and which political party is going to destroy the country, we have much more hot topics to debate like:

Who would win in a fight?

Airwolf or Blue thunder?

Place your votes and any

:lol:

Skip
27-04-05, 07:47 AM
Blue Thunder as it was essentially just an Apache, and looked hard as a bag full of nails! :wink: :twisted:

Grinch
27-04-05, 07:58 AM
Airwolf as blue thunder was crushed under a train if I remember correctly.

fizzwheel
27-04-05, 07:59 AM
Airwolf

Did it have some kind of turbo system on it

Plus airwolf looks faster

Magoo
27-04-05, 08:00 AM
Airwolf for the theme tune alone!
Dum-dee-dee-da-dum dee-dee-da-dum-dee-dee-da-dum-dar-dee-dar-dar-dar-dee-dar-dee-dum! :? :lol: :lol:

Benji
27-04-05, 08:00 AM
Sounds like a familiar debate down the pub Viney? :wink:

And like I said, Blue Thunder any time. Whisper Mode rules. :twisted:

Benji

BillyC
27-04-05, 08:07 AM
Come-on... Airwolf would urinate all over Blue Thunder with it's conservatory cockpit glass! :laughat:

Also... Airwolf was a supersonic helicopter... and only one man on earth had the reflexes fast enough to fly her! :shock:

Finally, not forgetting, that as cool as Roy Schneider is (even if he measures his sanity with a stop-watch)... he's no way as cool as String Fellow-Hawk. 8)

keithd
27-04-05, 08:11 AM
where's the customary "dont care" option!!

:D

mysteryjimbo
27-04-05, 08:20 AM
Ok,

Streethawk or knightrider??? 8) 8)

:riding:

Carsick
27-04-05, 08:23 AM
Airwolf, cos it was the right colour.

Ping
27-04-05, 08:26 AM
Airwolf, cos it was the right colour.
Aye. :D

shutdown
27-04-05, 08:28 AM
Blue thunder....pah!

at least airwolf had turbo and made a cool whiney noise

hmmm sounds like my bike :lol:

Viney
27-04-05, 08:42 AM
Ok,

Streethawk or knightrider??? 8) 8)

:riding:

Thats next :roll:

Skip
27-04-05, 09:27 AM
Airwolf was cool, but the helmet that Hawk wore was straight out of Toys-R-Us :roll: :lol:

SVeeedy Gonzales
27-04-05, 10:02 AM
I never saw Hawk do any 360 degree loop-the loops in Airwolf... or did I miss that episode?

Airwolf never had whisper mode for peeping into peoples bedrooms and stuff while hovering right outside, either :twisted:

Captain Nemo
27-04-05, 10:06 AM
Airwolf would kick Blue Thunders ****

Tara
27-04-05, 10:08 AM
Airwolf

creamerybutter
27-04-05, 10:14 AM
Airwolf, only because it is the only one I remember.

Moo
27-04-05, 10:27 AM
Airwolf rocks. :lol:

Iansv
27-04-05, 12:18 PM
Airwolf, just for the theme tune

Clunk
27-04-05, 12:21 PM
Never watched either of them.

I was too busy outside putting playing cards through the spokes on my pushbike.

Vroom, vroom............ :D

mrbizzy
27-04-05, 12:27 PM
Airwolf rocks. :lol:

Let me correct you there, moobie - "Airwolf rockED". Like most programs that were on when we were kids i doubt it stands up well to a repeat viewing. I made the mistake of watching Blakes7 recently... dear, oh dear, oh dear :shock: :? :wink:

fizzwheel
27-04-05, 01:23 PM

Cardboard boxes were better for that.. :lol: 8)

Conrad Poons
27-04-05, 01:45 PM
i doubt it stands up well to a repeat viewing

Airwolf and Dukes of Hazard, the two programmes that are actually semi-watchable even now. Cheesy and the adult mind sees through a lot of it but neither made me feel anywhere near as bad as when I caught an episode of Battle of the Planets recently. *shudders, cries*

northwind
27-04-05, 06:35 PM
Blue Thunder... Because Airwolf was too predictable. No, hear me out...

Every episode they'd get down to the inevitable fight scene... The theme tune would go on throughout the fight, until eventualy it'd build up to the big climax, someone'd shoot a missile at Airwolf, it'd fly down behind a hill and there'd be an explosion. A few moments of silence and - GASP - it'd fly over the edge. Same as it did last week.

All Frank would have to do is wait beside that hill till he hears the music end, then kick Stringfellow's ass :)

The Mass
27-04-05, 08:56 PM
Airwolf,

As he had to be the first to have an black visor, and it would easily kick blue thunders ass with stealth mode, supersonic mode, and pebble sized rockets..awesome!

The Mass
27-04-05, 09:00 PM

Clunk,

You lived in too posh an area mate for cards to be pushed into your wheels..we used the plastic "Tip Top" drink thingy's - sounded rude! :wink:

riktherider
27-04-05, 09:05 PM
airwolf hands down. its the air version of night rider. Turbo boost, loads of nifty gadgets, and really bad hair. oh and one fat old git in the back.

BURNER
27-04-05, 09:14 PM
Blue Thunder was an actual military type gunship whereas Airwolf was a tarted up civilian chopper.
Blue thunder would be a EVO VIII where Airwolf was a Nova with side skirts and a rattle can paint job.
Blue Thunder every time. He didn't even need a bigger boat.

simple simon
27-04-05, 09:25 PM
Blue Thunder all day long....whisper mode with infrared, if only that was a Suzuki OEM part!

Stig
27-04-05, 09:34 PM
This was really good

http://www.modelis.lt/images/airwolf.jpg

Never heard of this one

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/Visschedijk/2582L.jpg

But this one would kick ass every time

http://www.rotaryaction.com/images/budgietlh.jpg

falc
27-04-05, 09:45 PM
Airwolf everytime

Airwolf was bread and butter to me, next to the A-team in my childhood memories and as a result not sure it will ever get beaten, though Blue Thunder led the way for Airwolf so respect is certaintly due.

Stringfellow Hawke though, what a name eh? was the coolest bloke around and clearly an ace pilot and played the cello by the lake from what i remember, thats a mans man right there.

nickj
27-04-05, 10:33 PM
Airwolf every time.

What great TV, now we get a pile of ****e like hells kitchen

Couerdelion
27-04-05, 11:36 PM
Airwolf without a doubt!

any one else play that game as a kid on their c64 ?

Nick762
28-04-05, 01:01 PM
Airwolf or Blue Thunder.... Tricky...

Hardware:
Airwolf - Chaved up Bell 222A
Blue Thunder - the b@stard offspring of a Gazelle and a conservatory

Armament:
Airwolf - "Electric cannon that can turn your neighborhood into an inferno"
Blue Thunder - Chain guns, Hellfire missiles and loads of other stuff that you never saw before this episode and will likely never see again.

Hang out:
Airwolf - secret base hidden inside hollow mountain
Blue Thunder - roof of police HQ

Technical support:
Airwolf - Bubba Smith (who he?) and some other bloke in a beach buggy
Blue Thunder - Ernest Borgnine

Co-pilot:
Airwolf - "JAFO" Just Another Friggin' Observer aka Dana Carvey (pre Waynes World)
Blue Thunder - Some chick called Caitlin

Average episode summary:

Blue Thunder - Stringfellow (???) has yet another lead on his MIA in Vietnam brother (Sinjon (sp.)) but on the way is distracted by some cute heiress (much to the annoyance of Caitlin who is clearly gagging for him) who is being threatened by mafia terrorist drug dealing bikers.
Finale - said chick is in desert making 'eeking' noises as a couple of rednecks/mafiosi/terrorists/drug dealers/bikers take potshots at her oblivious to the helicopter gunship that has just crested the ridge behind them at which point they are blown apart.

Airwolf - A former mate of Chaney who is now a gun smuggling, drug trafficing, terrorist assassin is back in town making trouble. He also flies a black aircraft that no one else can catch hence the Blue Thunder involvement.
Finale - Shoot up over same patch of desert as last week. Bad guys vanquished, good guys victorious, world safe for mom's apple pie again.

Or was it the other way round? You try keeping track of things with 2 TV series about souped up choppers airing at the same time...

OK, cheesy plots and awful acting apart, my vote has to be Airwolf for all the reasons stated elsewhere.
It looks mean.
Right colour.
Cool music.

Now if you want an example of class 80's TV, my vote has to be The A Team 8)

Benji
28-04-05, 01:12 PM

:winner: oh how I laughed....... :lol:

Benji

Nick762
28-04-05, 01:49 PM

:winner: oh how I laughed....... :lol:

Benji

Although I have to admit that technically at least, Blue Thunder was the more convincing...