PDA

View Full Version : Moving the day of the SelKent meets...?

Kate
28-04-05, 10:08 AM
Is there any chance that the Selkent meets could be moved to Tuesdays? I know its been raised before but now that summer is coming I'm booked on Wednesdays (unless its raining) until October and I still really really want to come along to the Selkent meets.

I would even ride over on Phantom!

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:16 AM
As I said last night, I cant see this happening

thor
28-04-05, 10:17 AM
That would work for me too...

BillyC
28-04-05, 10:19 AM
Neither can I... I think generally everyone's pretty happy with the Wednesday meet, or certainly was when it was mentioned before.

It's not like it's every week! It may be possible to get it a week out of sinc if it's clashing with something you're up to Kate.

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:21 AM
hey we could always start a rebelion and ask for a new group :D the surrey massive?

sexysi
28-04-05, 10:22 AM
Don't care Tuesday night the other half watches Holby city, so I wouldn't be missing much. You could always turn up to one of the Essex boys meets, they are meeting on Fridays now.
sexysi

Kate
28-04-05, 10:26 AM
hehehe, Surrey Slackers? :twisted:

I know its a bit cheeky to ask, and its unlikely to happen but I figured you never get anything unless you ask.

Problem is, if its sunny on a Wednesday evening, I'm booked. I would be able to get out of it every now and again but not on a regular basis.

Damn, I hate it when skating and biking clashes!

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:37 AM
surry slackers massive init man! meet every tuesday night in the middle of nowhere init!

jambo
28-04-05, 10:41 AM
I'm booked on:

Wednesday (Skating / Selkent)
Thursday (Black Sheep Bar Croydon) Waits for this to be edited by one of the usual "Jokers"
Friday (Soho)

Leaving monday/tuesday :D

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:47 AM
SO JAMES, MONDAY OR TUESDAY WORK BEST FOR YOU?

bloody caps lock :evil:

JakeRS
28-04-05, 10:50 AM
sunday, make it sunday! :lol:

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:52 AM
are you crazy, I wanna go for a ride on sundays, amd not to mention I like a lie in so no to sundays!

Iansv
28-04-05, 10:53 AM
We had this exact problem with the essex meets, we had a few rideout regulars who could never make wednesdays, so on a trial basis we're trying fridays....

I can't see the selkent meet moving as its pretty well established now

helen
28-04-05, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't want to change it to Tuesdays - I am a great fan of Holby City too.

Tuesdays have always been been a great night for telly - ever since the days of Michael Elphick's 'Boon'.

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:56 AM

Tuesdays have always been been a great night for telly - ever since the days of Michael Elphick's 'Boon'.ever since the days of what?

cant you tape it?

helen
28-04-05, 10:58 AM
Boon young man, Boon.

Mid / late eighties - basically consisted of Michael Elphick (recently seen in Eastenders as Kat Slater's Paodophile uncle - before the actor died anyway) and a mulleted (and very young) Neil Morrisey riding about on motorbikes - i think they were dispatch riders or something similar.

Had a great theme tune.

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 11:07 AM
Boon young man, Boon.

Mid / late eighties - basically consisted of Michael Elphick (recently seen in Eastenders as Kat Slater's Paodophile uncle - before the actor died anyway) and a mulleted (and very young) Neil Morrisey riding about on motorbikes - i think they were dispatch riders or something similar.

Had a great theme tune.riiiiiiiiiiiiight, you need help if your not going out just to watch a rerun of a 20 yr old program!

helen
28-04-05, 11:09 AM
ah ha, but i won't be going out on tuesdays 'cos selkent's on a wednesday! :D

sexysi
28-04-05, 11:12 AM
But Guilford's could be a Tuesday :shock: :wink:
sexysi

Benji
28-04-05, 11:14 AM
Thursday (Black Sheep Bar Croydon) Waits for this to be edited by one of the usual "Jokers"

Gleefully takes the bait :lol:

<thinks>

Ahh sod it :lol:

I'm coming up there some time with you anyways :lol:

Thats exactly what i thought, ah ha! Chance here, click on quote, ahhh **** it can't be arsed.

So let me get this straight, the TV should make decisions about its social life based around whats on you? :lol:

Tuesday would be better for me.

Benji

Kate
28-04-05, 11:15 AM

Tuesdays have always been been a great night for telly - ever since the days of Michael Elphick's 'Boon'.
Tape it! I can tape it for you!

I seem to remember you showing a keen interest in skating too, so its just a matter of time before you start doing the street skates so you won't be able to make Wednesdays either!

How about Mondays?

sexysi
28-04-05, 11:16 AM
Let's vote on it.
sexysi

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 11:20 AM
Let's vote on it.
sexysiwhy should we vote, lets just move it!

lynw
28-04-05, 11:20 AM
we already did last time... and it was voted to stay on a wednesday....

Im just intrigued why you guys cant go skating another night?

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 11:21 AM
we already did last time... and it was voted to stay on a wednesday....

Im just intrigued why you guys cant go skating another night?coz there is about 20 of us? and about 200 skaters on wednesdays!

sexysi
28-04-05, 11:23 AM
Is this ice skating or normal, if the former maybe the ICE is better on a Wednesday. :lol:
sexysi

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 11:28 AM
Is this ice skating or normal, if the former maybe the ICE is better on a Wednesday. :lol:
sexysiInline skating/Blading basically skating as fast as you can around london. Its a bit like a rideout but with more of a buzz

BillyC
28-04-05, 11:34 AM
Okay... so why do you have to go skating *every* Wednesday?

The Wednesday meet nicely breaks up the week for most of us, it marks the downhill point of the week!

SelKent is not restrictive, it only meets once a fortnight... which allows most people plenty of freedom to do other things around it, and in the week inbetween.

lynw
28-04-05, 11:41 AM
Hey just a thought as a compromise for all of us who want to keep it on a wednesday and those who want it on a tuesday...

how about doing an alternation ie meet one wednesday then the next meet is a fortnight on the tuesday then a fortnight on the wednesday etc?

Benji
28-04-05, 11:42 AM
Hey just a thought as a compromise for all of us who want to keep it on a wednesday and those who want it on a tuesday...

how about doing an alternation ie meet one wednesday then the next meet is a fortnight on the tuesday then a fortnight on the wednesday etc?

Sounds like a plan :D

Benji

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 11:45 AM

Benji:stupid:

Benji
28-04-05, 11:47 AM

Benji:stupid: :stupid:

rictus01
28-04-05, 11:48 AM
Boon young man, Boon.

Had a great theme tune.

Boon rode an A65 BSA and his side kick a Harley, if I remember right :?:

Cheers Mark.

thor
28-04-05, 11:52 AM
Guys, it's an organised night skate for hundreds of skaters, so it's not possible to move the day. It carries on until the end of September. See more info here

www.londonskate.com

Both me and Kate are marshalls so atendance is kinda required of both of us. Which is why I didn't come to the meet last week. If the meet stays on Wednesdays, chances are I'll only make one or two this summer.

lynw
28-04-05, 12:01 PM
but then those of us with things on tuesdays dont get to go either...

hence my suggestion if it comes down to it for alternating every fortnight so we ALL get to go sometime...

Iansv
28-04-05, 12:02 PM

fine in theory but would get confusing after a while... was gonna alternate essex ones between wednesday and friday but not worth it..

lynw
28-04-05, 12:03 PM
or failing that since most of the skaters seem to be near to it why not go to the guilford massive meets?

then you get to go to a meet at some point... again just another thought to try and accomodate everyone...

Mr Toad
28-04-05, 12:25 PM
Tuesdays are no good for me as Mrs T works late & I have to sit at home & mind the kids
Keep it on Weds please :thumbsup:

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 12:28 PM
or failing that since most of the skaters seem to be near to it why not go to the guilford massive meets?

then you get to go to a meet at some point... again just another thought to try and accomodate everyone...what guildford massive meets? lee aint got off his fat **** and done anything with it since he was made a mod!

TSM
28-04-05, 12:35 PM
Guys, it's an organised night skate for hundreds of skaters, so it's not possible to move the day. It carries on until the end of September. See more info here

www.londonskate.com

Both me and Kate are marshalls so atendance is kinda required of both of us. Which is why I didn't come to the meet last week. If the meet stays on Wednesdays, chances are I'll only make one or two this summer.

You could change to the FNS one http://www.thefns.com/ but then there would be a problem on Friday night.

I thought about going on one, got me inlines from a couple of years ago when i was playing arround.

Just cant decide.

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 12:36 PM

www.londonskate.com

You could change to the FNS one http://www.thefns.com/ but then there would be a problem on Friday night.

I thought about going on one, got me inlines from a couple of years ago when i was playing arround.

Just cant decide.I hear the friday night skates are really well organised you should try it one time

lynw
28-04-05, 12:39 PM

then you get to go to a meet at some point... again just another thought to try and accomodate everyone...what guildford massive meets? lee aint got off his fat @rse and done anything with it since he was made a mod!

so why dont you guys sort it then? rather than try changing the Selkent to a Tuesday which is difficult for as many of us as wednesday is for you guys...

Why does Lee have to be the one to organise it? :?

Benji
28-04-05, 12:40 PM

www.londonskate.com

Just cant decide.I hear the friday night skates are really well organised you should try it one time

Yeah they are really well marshelled. CAN'T say a bad word against them. :wink:

Benji

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 12:42 PM

then you get to go to a meet at some point... again just another thought to try and accomodate everyone...what guildford massive meets? lee aint got off his fat @rse and done anything with it since he was made a mod!

so why dont you guys sort it then? rather than try changing the Selkent to a Tuesday which is difficult for as many of us as wednesday is for you guys...

Why does Lee have to be the one to organise it? :?A) because selkent is actually more convienient a location for all of us to get to,
B) because we like all the people there C) because lee is useless and needs to prove himself as a mod! :lol: but seriously, because I have no idea where to arrange to meet as I dont spend a lot of time in that area!

Kate
28-04-05, 12:46 PM

www.londonskate.com

Yeah they are really well marshelled. CAN'T say a bad word against them. :wink:

Benji
Lol. TSM, you are welcome to go on the FNS if you so wish, unfortunately that isn't possible for me.

John and I are involved in the organisation of the LondonSkate, its not something we can just drop, we are responsible for keeping safe a few hundred people and can't just not turn up.

Personally, I like Lynw's idea, that way it would be possible for me to make it as it would be one skate a month that I would miss and I would be able to plan ahead and arrange cover.

Guildford isn't really a possibility for me as I have absolutely no idea where it is except it isn't particularly close by.

sexysi
28-04-05, 12:57 PM
I like lyn's idea as well.
I know we have hard core members that come to every other Wednesday, but there are several people that can't make Wednesday at all and going by the poll at least 7. These people are missing out on the Selkent experience, Is this fair, well maybe not. So maybe a compromise is due. That way the hard core members could meet new faces and the newer members could join in on the experience.
After all we often start a poll up a week before about who's coming or not, so we will always know when the meet is on. When's the next meet :shock:
As for stuff on tele, If know-one has got a Video/Dvd/or any other recorder, I'm sure one of the members can record the program and then tell them about it on the forum :lol: :wink: The following day.
Is tele that important!!!!!
sexysi

BillyC
28-04-05, 12:59 PM
My only point is that SelKent is conveniently placed on Wednesdays, and was put there to keep it away from the early week, and not to interfere with the Soho meet on Fridays.

It only happens every other week which isn't a huge commitment, and is long standing enough for people to have planned around it for over a year.

So are you saying you have to marshal every week for this skating thing?

sexysi
28-04-05, 01:02 PM
No not at all, not everybody skates. Some people pick up their kids etc, wash their hair, you know. Just that look at the poll over half would prefer Tuesday, so Why not compromise. Or are you a closet Holby fan and you want to sit in with Helen and not miss an episode.
sexysi

Kate
28-04-05, 01:08 PM
So are you saying you have to marshal every week for this skating thing?
Pretty much, yes. We have to have a certain number of marshals and the bigger the skate the more marshalls that are required. The marshals all have tasks to do for example I'm a back marshal, of which there are usually only 2 and I'm responsible for ensuring vehicles such as taxi's, don't drive into the skaters at the back of the skate. If I didn't turn up then someone would have to cover my place and we would be a marshal down.

A compromise would be great and I'm happy to go with the consensus, its just that if it stays on Wednesdays I won't be able to appear very often and nor will a few others.

lynw
28-04-05, 01:10 PM
Is tele that important!!!!! sexysi

er no... dont have one, not getting one either... everything I watch is downloaded onto my pc... and will get a projector eventually...

and the tuesday shouldnt really make too much of a difference... and it would allow those who cant come on the wednesday...

and its not just Kate and Thor, Dawn has said in the past Wednesdays are difficult for her... so there are some that cant make it...

I just thought a compromise would be better than having people excluded until the winter....

but whatever gets decided, the old adage applies... you cant please all of the people all of the time... because theres always going to be someone who cant come no matter what day gets decided... :?

BillyC
28-04-05, 01:12 PM
No not at all, not everybody skates. Some people pick up their kids etc, wash their hair, you know. Just that look at the poll over half would prefer Tuesday, so Why not compromise. Or are you a closet Holby fan and you want to sit in with Helen and not miss an episode.
sexysi

1) The poll hasn't been up for 2 hours, so we shouldn't draw conclusions from the early votes - that are likely by the people most interested in moving to Tuesday.

2) I can't stand Holby City, and Casualty is a load of rubbish too (ever since Claire Goose left ;) ), and don't even mention ER. Scrubs is quite amusing though :lol:

3) Helen's very welcome to watch any of the hospital dramas, but is fully aware that I will amuse myself with something else while she does (no wise cracks or misquotes - thank you).

4) Helen doesn't have a video recorder, so can't record, or view what she missed on Tuesday. Poor girl! :cry:

Benji
28-04-05, 01:16 PM
2) Scrubs is quite amusing though :lol:

Scrubs rules :D

3) but is fully aware that I will amuse myself with something else while she does (no wise cracks or misquotes - thank you).

None needed :lol:

Benji

sexysi
28-04-05, 01:18 PM
Having said all of this, when Selkent started up 2 years ago "As the Oakdene Massive/Oakie Dokes" we were meeting in the Spring/Summer every week. This would leave us open to running a every other Wedneday/Tuesday meet. But every week. I know the poll is very young, we shall see in a couple of days.
sexysi

helen
28-04-05, 01:23 PM
what's a video recorder?

is it the same as a betamax?

sexysi
28-04-05, 01:24 PM
Or an 8 track, which I have in my Galaxy and plays Elvis.
sexysi

Viney
28-04-05, 01:32 PM
All i can say is, Joe, Kate, you will be missed :lol:

Teusdays no good for me. We have to thrash a local quiz team every tuesday night...they think they are goooood.

sexysi
28-04-05, 01:34 PM
Teusdays. is like a differantd lNADHGUAGE, vINNEY
Sexysi Bored, bored

TSM
28-04-05, 01:35 PM
er no... dont have one, not getting one either... everything I watch is downloaded onto my pc... and will get a projector eventually...

Are we talking violations???? Becarefull because a freind of mine has been tracked once and warned by his ISP.

thor
28-04-05, 01:39 PM

www.londonskate.com

You could change to the FNS one http://www.lfns.co.uk/ but then there would be a problem on Friday night.

Just cant decide.

That's true, but I like doing the Wednesday ones too. 8)

sexysi
28-04-05, 01:40 PM
Tsm violations??? **** if you look like your avatar becareful who you are violating. :lol:
Could be Billyc , he entertains himself on Tuesday nights :shock: All by himself
sexysi

TSM
28-04-05, 01:45 PM
Tsm violations??? sh*t if you look like your avatar becareful who you are violating. :lol:
Could be Billyc , he entertains himself on Tuesday nights :shock: All by himself
sexysi

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :winner:

Flamin_Squirrel
28-04-05, 01:48 PM
:-s

Benji
28-04-05, 01:52 PM

Kate
28-04-05, 01:52 PM
F*ck no! The guy that runs them is a total arseh*le. Besides the organisation is rubbish too. The marshals can't skate for toffee, and it's frankly rather dangerous IMCO.
True, though I was trying to be discreet, what are the changes the arseh*ole google's for fns etc?

The marshals on Friday.... *shudder*

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 02:05 PM

:-s:-s ?

lynw
28-04-05, 03:06 PM

Are we talking violations???? Becarefull because a freind of mine has been tracked once and warned by his ISP.

wtf do you think Im downloading? :shock: :evil:

er I signed up to a forum where I can download dangermouse and pinky and the brain to watch...

quite clear what you download.... :wink: :lol:

BillyC
28-04-05, 03:46 PM
Lyn,

I'm sure you sneak in a few programmes on chocolate as well... and chocolate to you, is like... well, I think we all know what it does to you Lyn!

;)

lynw
28-04-05, 03:53 PM
Lyn,

I'm sure you sneak in a few programmes on chocolate as well... and chocolate to you, is like... well, I think we all know what it does to you Lyn!

;)

Off chocolate now.... been eating nothing but fruit for the past few weeks instead of chocolate... and fruit smoothies instead of drinking coke... lost about a stone in weight in the past 4 weeks... :D

so no more chocolate for me... well... we'll see how long my resolve lasts when I come back for the meets... :D

TSM
28-04-05, 03:58 PM

wtf do you think Im downloading? :shock: :evil:

er I signed up to a forum where I can download dangermouse and pinky and the brain to watch...

quite clear what you download.... :wink: :lol:

And you all laughed when white VFR man was stalking me. :wink:

I authorise my clasification as weird/diffrent to the forum.

Hey my avatars always get a comment. 8)

Mr Toad
28-04-05, 04:04 PM
... lost about a stone in weight in the past 4 weeks... :D

You'll soon be needing a new avatar at that rate :shock: :wink:

BillyC
28-04-05, 04:26 PM
lost about a stone in weight in the past 4 weeks...

Lyn! :shock:

Bloody well done :thumbsup: ... losing weight by diet alone is one of the hardest things! And losing a stone is a significant achievement. Good for you!

Not all chocolate is bad though, so there is hope for your desires. High cocoa, plain chocolate is quite low in fat - which is why most British chocolate is bad for you. In fact, probably contains less sugar than the fruit smoothies you're now on!

I've put on a stone since last year... mostly noticeable in muscle loss and expanded waistline... time to adopt radical strategies again! :evil:

lynw
28-04-05, 05:15 PM
... lost about a stone in weight in the past 4 weeks... :D

You'll soon be needing a new avatar at that rate :shock: :wink:

nah Ive lost it round my tummy/waist and my hips... so much so my goretex jeans are so loose they start to fall down when I walk :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks guys... it was really hard to stay off chocolate... I did have some the day I fell off on the new tyres... but that was essential medicine and only one bar.... but otherwise Ive just stuck to eating loads and loads of fruit... oh and baked potatoes...

weird diet but it came out of a book which linked sugar sensitivity to depression. And it seems to be helping with that too... :lol:

Treacle
28-04-05, 05:51 PM
Good on yer Lyn. :thumbsup:

As for changing the day? Guys what the f**k?
Lets keep it wednesday's. :evil:

Iansv
28-04-05, 09:30 PM
i'd like to see the names of nine people who want tuesday :lol:

few new account signups anyone ? :lol:

Kate
28-04-05, 10:31 PM
Your a moderator aren't you? Why don't you check the IP addresses?

lynw
29-04-05, 06:37 AM
bit touchy there.... :? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but interesting point on Ians part... I can only think of 5 of you who find Wednesdays so difficult....

But its your choice... go skating or go to a meet... why do the rest of us have to change to accomodate you if it means we cant go? I for one cant do Tuesdays...

BUT:

1. how about we keep this to one thread now? save confusion... so lets keep this to the poll thread shall we...

2. oh and another effort at compromise... see:

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?p=305040#305040

BillyC
29-04-05, 08:01 AM

Polls are anonymous - just as they should be.

Kate
29-04-05, 08:15 AM

Yes they are, but the implication is that people who would prefer to move the meet to Tuesdays are creating new accounts just to be able to vote.

I resent the implications and yes I guess I am a little touchy about it. I posted the query because I enjoy going to the Selkent meets and would like to continue being able to attend during the summer months. If the meets stay on Wednesday then fair enough, just means I and a few others will not be there.

Shell
29-04-05, 08:19 AM
Kate. don't worry about it, If say next week we have a meeting on wednesday, then afterwards I will stick up a poll about, if anyone wants to come down on the following Tuesday, I will be there as I don't like Holby and I don't mind meeting every week, After all Soho meet every week, even through the winter. Can't see the problem in this :wink:
Sexysi

lynw
29-04-05, 08:20 AM

Yes they are, but the implication is that people who would prefer to move the meet to Tuesdays are creating new accounts just to be able to vote.

I resent the implications and yes I guess I am a little touchy about it. I posted the query because I enjoy going to the Selkent meets and would like to continue being able to attend during the summer months. If the meets stay on Wednesday then fair enough, just means I and a few others will not be there.

So consider my other compromise..... have you checked that link?

It was basically if the meets are every week in summer, keep the fortnightly wednesdays and have fortnightly tuesdays in between...
then everyone who can go on a wednesday can still go and you and the others who cant go can go every tuesday fortnightly...

Surely that has to be the simplest compromise all round?

Shell
29-04-05, 08:23 AM
By the way, I have not re-registered. I have had a "shell" login for ages, Anyone remember the post about left handed bikes etc etc.
I havn't voted on the poll twice either.
sexysi

Kate
29-04-05, 08:33 AM
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

lynw
29-04-05, 08:43 AM
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

was that to the compromise no 2? lol

btw is your skating thing only over the summer? Im assuming this is only a summer problem which isnt really a major problem if we compromise... and therefore not a problem in the winter...

Kate
29-04-05, 08:46 AM
Either compromise is good for me - the alternating Tuesday - Wednesday or weekly Tuesday - Wednesday :)

Yeah, the skating season is April to October so during winter it doesn't conflict, whcih is why I've been at most of the Selkent meetings recently!

Shell
29-04-05, 08:47 AM
We seem to shutdown at winter as we have to ride out to the countryside and it's colder, I don't mind coming every week on different days, I suppose the best way to find out is to post 2 polls.
1) For next wednesday

2) For the following Tuesday.

sexysi

TSM
29-04-05, 11:26 AM
We seem to shutdown at winter as we have to ride out to the countryside and it's colder, I don't mind coming every week on different days, I suppose the best way to find out is to post 2 polls.
1) For next wednesday

2) For the following Tuesday.

sexysi

My avatar has been nicked, ahhh :compcrash:

Shell
29-04-05, 11:41 AM
Well this a ghost account for me.Until I can login again.
sexysi

sexysi
29-04-05, 08:40 PM
Wooooooo, I'm back in
sexysi