PDA

View Full Version : North West 200

enginedriver
29-04-05, 08:26 PM
Like many others from the UK mainland I will be coming over for the NW200 again this year.........anybody planning to meet up over the weekend?
I have family in the North and would be stopping for a few days either side of the racing so if there's a chance of a rideout let me know.

cheers

irl_dar
07-05-05, 01:10 AM
maybe you would consider going to the bsb round in mondello a week before?
im planning on going up..
dont know what day or anything yet!!
Cheers
Dar

enginedriver
07-05-05, 08:22 AM
I would love to but unfortunately I can't get over in time...sorry!
Still the North West should be good! (Any excuse for an Ulster Fry!)

Sharpy
07-05-05, 11:33 AM
(Any excuse for an Ulster Fry!)

lol i was horrified when i asked for a fry in england!

belfastbiker2003
10-05-05, 07:41 PM
I think there will be a few guys going up to the NW200 - i myself live about ONE mile from the course or so so i will defo be going - even if i have to walk if the bike isnt ready in time.

Just keep an eye out for alot of weird looking guys - that will be Dar and Sean etc!!!

Steve

irl_dar
10-05-05, 09:03 PM
hahaha
yeah i will be heading up..blue and white tlr with yoshis,
hopefully goin up friday evening and camping!!

Daz
11-05-05, 07:57 PM
Anyone interested in meeting on the Friday night somewhere, for an orange juice :lol:

I'll be at my parents caravan at Juniper Hill caravan site. 8) Unfortunatley, as it's on the course, and close to the pits, it's entry with ticket only :(

scooby2102
12-05-05, 11:34 PM
Hi guys, do any of you know if its possible to book for the NW200 (hotels etc) about a year in advance ?

Jeeeez, never thought for a minute that all the hotels / b&bs would be booked solid (silly old me). Got the Ferry booked no probs and was planning to stay in Portrush area but failing that, had plans to stay with friends in Moville (short ferry hop via MacGilligans to Greencastle) but Marj is really ill right now so def wont be imposing on the family.

Am touring around the coast in June so was able to move the ferry dates no probs. Nearest alternative digs was Derry Travel Lodge, multi storey car park, nice nd safe for the SV (not!).

Anyway, would be grateful if anyone can advise if the hotels / b&bs will take advance bookings, would also be grateful for any recomendations etc.

Cheers for now
Scooby

Michael S
13-05-05, 11:51 AM
There are plenty of B&B's available further away. I live in Bangor on the east coast and we ride up on the morning of the race. The run up is always great. The farmhouse style of B&B around this area is good as they would have somewhere (outbuildings) to park the bike and the breakfasts are great too! Just a thought.
I have stayed in Portrush in a B&B and the landlady has all her rooms prebooked a year in advance. A group of Scottish bikers come over every year and take all her rooms. So there shouldnt be a prob with pre-booking just have to find one that is empty next year.

Sharpy
13-05-05, 12:23 PM
and don t forget theres always the Ulster Grand Prix in August which as many people from the mainland come over to watch.

For the NW a year in advance the b&b will be taking bookings, most are sold out by xmas

belfastbiker2003
16-05-05, 09:32 AM
Looks like i wont be able to go to NW200 - well not on the bike at least - problems with mechanic!!!!

Should still be in the area

Steve

Sharpy
16-05-05, 02:10 PM
i could be getting the mille back this week, but ill be driving straight from one dealer to the next to trade it in for something else.

Cant see me going to the nw200 on the mille, may go up on fri night and camp

yvo6
20-05-05, 04:55 PM
i could be getting the mille back this week, but ill be driving straight from one dealer to the next to trade it in for something else.

Cant see me going to the nw200 on the mille, may go up on fri night and camp

Hi Sharpy,

Do you want ur SV back?

hope not cause its all mine now!!!

:P

Sharpy
20-05-05, 06:34 PM
lol hope your making good use of it there, last time i seen it it was cleaner that i ever remember so at least its in good hands now 8)

belfastbiker2003
21-05-05, 08:47 AM
I am absolutely raging!!!

I got a new job this week and they are making me work today so i will miss everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

yvo6
22-05-05, 06:30 PM
lol hope your making good use of it there, last time i seen it it was cleaner that i ever remember so at least its in good hands now 8)

Thanks Huni

SHE has just came home from a track day at Kirkistown. Great enjoyment, the only prob is she is now restricted and thats the pits for getting the power down when its needed. I took off the lower fairing incase i dropped her - I need some crash mushrooms - on the SV (i am told) they are a bar that goes tho the engine mounting. Anyone got one they dont need or know where i can get one that i dont need to sell a kidney to pay for it????

Y6

Sharpy
22-05-05, 06:44 PM
they aint that expensive, about £60 will get you a set of R&G crashbungs, try mcallens, or any other bike shop, maybe even get some cheaper on ebay.

I had crash mushrooms upper and lower on the mille when i came off and they easily saved me 2grand in repairs so id vouch for them every time.