PDA

View Full Version : Gloves - which ones?

The Mass
02-05-05, 12:46 PM
HI all,

I've got 2 pairs of gloves at the moment,

1 x replica race gloves, loads of armour, quite thin, very good but not waterproof :(

1 x Akito windproof, waterproof (yeah right :roll: ), very thick winter gloves.

Does anyone know which ones came good in RIDE mag, as I have left the mag in work this week :roll:

Or any recommendations, as I want something that's not so thick, armoured, and waterproof.

Any ideas anyeone, as those akito are alright I suppose for £20 or summat, but hardly any armour and get sopping wet :(

cheers

jonboy
02-05-05, 01:43 PM
I always carry at least one pair of extra gloves. No one pair will suffice as I've yet to see a truly waterproof summer glove (in fact I've yet to see 100% waterproof glove - but we've been over this a few days ago).

Use your nice cool (temperature-wise) gloves when it's sunny and if the sky starts to sweat then pull over and swap them for your semi-waterproof ones. Done deal.

Nagai
02-05-05, 07:29 PM
Nah, just turn those heated grips up to halfway, and keep your summer gloves on!

The Mass
02-05-05, 07:41 PM
Trust you to say that :roll:

IF you can withstand the pain and the 3rd degree burns.. :shock:

Nagai
02-05-05, 07:59 PM
Halfway is just about right for when it is slightly nippy, try going the whole hog at your peril!

Off topic I know, but when are you posting the pics of the damage to your bike?

The Mass
02-05-05, 08:11 PM
Got 1 good piccy, the others really don't show it to it's extent.

Althought from the thread, it looks as though it's a common fault Mart :?

Even still, if it is, then they should have picked it up when it went in for its service last week, and he had all week as well :x

Anyway, give me 5 mins, I'll host it!

:wink:

jon
02-05-05, 08:14 PM
Marigolds under the leathers, 100% waterproof summer glove :)

The Mass
02-05-05, 08:32 PM
here ye go kidda!

Piccys of offending "Dropped out" item

http://www.pantegafc.co.uk/Photo%27s/SV650/100_0747.JPG

As you can see

AND

http://www.pantegafc.co.uk/Photo%27s/SV650/100_0755.JPG

Looks to me like it's worn ??

What de ye think Mart?

BTW: Thanks Jon, I guess it'd be alright if you had a yellow bike..Q Mart :wink: :lol:

Moo
02-05-05, 08:33 PM
The only bit of a water proof glove that is water proof is the lable that says water proof. :lol:

Got a pair form ALDI to use as spare's.

Samnooshka
23-03-06, 07:16 PM
If you want fantastic (although expensive) gloves that keep you warm and are 100% waterproof (Gortex). The Alpinestar Jet Road gloves are absolutely fantastic retailing (from HG) at about £79.99, these have carbon knuckle protection and a very soft lining that doesn't compress like most winter gloves. These are Ride recommended.

A much cheaper but effective winter glove is the Hein Gericke Pathan 2 finger gloves. These are thin on the palms but thick on the tops of the fingers giving great feel but great insulation at the same time. They do remind me of something out of Star Trek but they are very effective, they come with a 2 year warantee on stitching and velcro etc, and this also covers the waterproof membrane (sheltex). These also came recommended by Ride magazine and are £34.99.