PDA

View Full Version : Knee Down

andyaikido
02-05-05, 07:56 PM
Anyone got any tips for getting their kees down. Was on a recent trackday and scraped both pegs but no knee down despite hanging off. Tried sitting forward/back in the seat, dropping shoulder, butt cheek off the seat, etc but no joy.

Tigerrrr.......
19-05-05, 07:36 PM
Perhaps you're not built to get your knee down.

If so, so what? What's the problem?

I can't touch my toes but I don't worry about it.

The point I'm making is being a safe rider is surely far more important than getting your knee down.

I couldn't care less, and I wear a reflective bib like a lollipop man. Reason? There's two.

1. I don't want a car driver to come up to me when he's splattered me across the road saying, "Nice leathers, mate, but I never saw you."

2. I have an 8 month old daughter who deserves her dad to come home safely at the end of his rideout.

Enjoy your biking.....safely and sensibly.

Cheers.

SPeeeeDY
19-05-05, 08:15 PM
agree with all of above.

But getting ya knee down does look kool :twisted:

Do you have Free DVD that either superbike or performance bikes magazine gave out a while ago. It is 3 DVD's in 1

How to wheelie
How to stoppie
How to get your knee down.

That is a very good DVD and is very well explained. I can hover my knee about 4 inches off the ground. But i dont have leathers yet (wear gortex stuff) so im not gonna try for the last few inches just yet

SPeeeeDY

Tris
26-05-05, 11:27 AM
:offtopic:

Does anyone think because we ride SVs other people think we SHOULD get our knees down?

I don't like people me wanting to ride like they do. Its my bike and my choice so BOLLOX to them

Er, rant over :oops:

Cloggsy
26-05-05, 05:41 PM
:offtopic:

Does anyone think because we ride SVs other people think we SHOULD get our knees down?

I don't like people me wanting to ride like they do. Its my bike and my choice so BOLLOX to them

Er, rant over :oops:

'That' told 'them' :lol: :lol: :lol:

PBx
27-05-05, 11:30 AM
I get my knee down every time I check the oil :)

GSXR Carlos
27-05-05, 11:33 AM
must admit my knee goes down every weekend, when i wash my baby

PBx
27-05-05, 11:35 AM
when i was my baby

In that case who was your daddy? :lol:

GSXR Carlos
27-05-05, 11:41 AM
funny,

that would be me then, wouldn't it????

PBx
27-05-05, 12:03 PM
funny - well it was when I thought it. Never was any good at jokes :(

GSXR Carlos
27-05-05, 12:19 PM
which came first, the chicken or the egg? well it was me obviously :wink:

AlanSv
27-05-05, 01:54 PM
which came first, the chicken or the egg?

the cockeral did :lol: