PDA

View Full Version : EUROPE TRIP - PICTURES NOW POSTED.

Anonymous
03-05-05, 04:23 PM
Hi folks. Well i departed York at 0015 hours on 3rd may, and after riding none stop have just arrived in Brussels at 1821hrs local time. Weather is hot and humid, very hard going. Oh and it rained all the time from Nottingham to Dover. :-(

Not sure where to next, i have a week out here, so may explore the local area before heading either further south or east. Would love to ride to the Italy. I was going to aim for monaco but its a little bit too far. I am with a friend on his R6, me on my baby blade but hes going home tomorrow as cant handle pace!

Will write again soon from my next destination.

Bye For Now

GYKD

RenamedMonkey
03-05-05, 04:28 PM
Can't handle the pace on an R6? What is he? A wimp? :lol:

Have an awesome time and bring back photos 8)

BURNER
03-05-05, 05:09 PM
Ask for the "Skepermanskwartier" and have a good time.

lynw
03-05-05, 05:09 PM
Can't handle the pace on an R6? What is he? A wimp? :lol:

Have an awesome time and bring back photos 8)

R6 - well known touring bike :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

been a lovely day down here... so you caught all the rain through kent during the night... :shock:

suggest you head south to the Ardennes... you wont regret it... lovely roads down there. Luxembourg is a cool place too. Or the black forest... or Swizerland... :lol:

Clunk
03-05-05, 05:14 PM
Get yourself to a town called Leuven just outside Brussels, its where Stella is made.
There are a couple of squares, next to each other, surrounded by bars selling great beers. Leffe Blond is my fav.
In the evening the area is packed with all the locals, mainly students, as it has big University there.

Sit outside getting slowly ( or should that be quickly) plastered watching the world go by. :D

Allie
03-05-05, 05:29 PM
Leffe Blond is my fav. :D

And there's me thinking that was your pet name for me! :roll: :wink: :P :lol:

Anonymous
04-05-05, 07:51 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think i'm going to head down to the Ardennes, then to Luxembourg. Overnight in Luxembourg then decide where to next.

Keep the suggestions rolling in, much appreciated.

Weather here this morning is overcast, wet, and quite cold. Not the weather id have hoped for, but in the wise words of a certain Dan Walsh "Wet now, dry later. Sad now, Laughing later. These are the days that must happen to us....." Keep the good times coming.

Joe Lillie, for SV650.org, in Brussels.

GYKD

lynw
04-05-05, 07:59 AM
Vianden in luxembourg is a really nice place... just about half hour from luxembourg city... lichtenstein you can ride through in half hour...
austrias nice too... but black forest around the bodensee is gorgeous...

one of europes longest tunnels down there... now that with a non standard can is on my list of things to do sometime... :D

FuBen [read as foosen] is close to koningschlossen which is where the chitty chitty bang bang castles are. The food in that part of germany is some of the best you will ever eat. :D

Clunk
04-05-05, 08:54 AM
The food in that part of germany is some of the best you will ever eat. :D

Agreed.
I was on a training course in Munich a few years ago and put on half a stone in 6 days. :shock: :oops:

Anonymous
04-05-05, 09:14 AM
Change of plan, still at the hotel and its completely banging it down, so hard its bouncing back up again. lol!

We've decided to ride over to Germany and the Nurburg Ring - always wanted to see it and have a (very) gentle ride around. Going via the 258 from Monschau straight to Nurburg, i understand its a nice smooth road with gentle sweepers and stunning views.

Then overnight at Nurburg at the F1 hotel there, Steve is heading home tomorrow, and then ill go back into Belgium, down thru the Ardennes, Luxembourg before having a steady ride back up to Calais for Saturday night, and sail home sunday morning.

Amazing how trips turn out. If anybody knows any popular biking haunts in/around Nurburg, Luxembourg, Ardennes, id love to hear about them, meet some other like minded people - as we saw hardly any bikers so far, and we were the only ones on the ferry apart from an elderly couple on a Pan Euro doing 20 countries in 16 days... thats touring. Waiting for steve to get ready, then were hitting the road... that guy takes ages getting ready, never known anything like it!

Bye for now folks, see you in Germany.

GYKD

Nick762
04-05-05, 12:36 PM
We've decided to ride over to Germany and the Nurburg Ring - always wanted to see it and have a (very) gentle ride around.

Is this possible? Got the impression that anything other than flat out you'd be splattered by mad Beamer drivers...

Have fun.

Anonymous
04-05-05, 07:42 PM
Only me again. Writing from Aachen in West Germany now. Was very heavy going today, my front tyre was getting a little low on tread, and with the severe rain, there was lots of standing water, so the front was beginning to skip around. We stopped in the town of Liege and tried to locate a bike shop/garage.

We ended up asking some guy on a Bandit 6 at the lights if he knew any, he said "Yes yes, follow!". So we followed this fella for about 20Km thru the streets and he took us to a place that had did all tyres, managed to negotiate a price of Eur 100 for a front BT012 and they fitted it within 10 mins. Steve, my mate wanted some proper water proofs as his were cheap and leaking, so Bandit man led us right across town again to a Hein Gerick shop. I couldnt thank the guy enough, offered him Eur 20 for the trouble and petrol etc, but he said "no no, all i ask is that if you see any one needed help, help them". What a top guy. I already help out where possible, but this chap who could hardly speak any english, went well out of his way to help us. He's certainly confirmed my beleif that riding a bike means you have a friend in every country.

So, we're here in a IBIS Hotel in Aachen, and its still chucking it down, cold, misty. Steve is trying to dry his leathers, which are as wet as a used chamaios, with a small hair dryer, so i thought id use the chance to keep you informed with our (slow) progress.

Tomorrow we are making Nurburg, the forcast is slightly better. Cloudy, but not too much rain (thank god!) Steve is heading back to the UK tomorrow afternoon, and with that i am going to complete my plan. Back to Belgium, visit the Ardennes, then Luxembourg, before heading steadily back to the UK for Sunday.

I hope you are enjoying reading these posts, it gives me chance to share my adventure with other people who may have an interest in these kinds of things (steve is proving less adventurous), and i would like to think that if anyone reading is thinking of exploring europe, this is the motivation to get them there.

Yes its been cold, wet, and at times miserable, but its been a truely fantastic experience so far. Speaking to people when they dont speak your language, you dont speak theirs... meeting people who you dont know, have never met, and may not do so again who are prepared to go out of their way by a long way to help you... the feeling i have right now is indescribable. Here i am, about 1000miles (by the roads, not crows fly) from home, just my bike, a set of evening clothes, the road and my credit card. Im not lonely, im not bored, and im not missing home. All i can think of is "what will tomorrow bring?"

When i find out the answer to the above, ill let you know as soon as possible.

Next stop, Nurburg Ring via the N67 and A258.

GYKD

Anonymous
04-05-05, 08:16 PM
cool hope you have a great journey with no mishaps :lol:

nickj
04-05-05, 10:24 PM
One suggestion, next time invite us instead of making me jealous by reading this :lol:

Jelster
05-05-05, 07:38 AM
This seems like a good idea, giving updates while you're on tour... I was thinking of compiling a journal for the Eurotour this year, along with photos....

GYKD, I'll go through "Jelsters book of must ride roads" tonight and come back with some ideas...

Touring on a supersport is great fun, you just ache a bit at the end of the day, that's all.

Have fun, and keep it rubber side down.

falc
05-05-05, 08:25 AM
Sounds like a good trip mate, hope everything goes smoothly. Oh and you def. have to tell us how the nurburg is :D

Are you updating using laptop or internet cafes?

Yer was thinking a similiar thing Jelster, thanks to the wizardry of phones i can now upload pictures i take with it to a website for people to view, might have to give it ago with the nurburgring trip :D

Skip
05-05-05, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you are having a great time! 8)

Did a similar trip last summer in with a mate in his Porsche 928, we got from Norwich to Marseille in 18 hours and came back via Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany (visited the 'ring for 1 lap each, what an experience! You will be amazed how many bikes go very slowly round it!) - into Holland and to Amsterdam for 3 days! ;) Then back through Belgium, France and home, 2750 miles in 12 days! 8)

jul1e
05-05-05, 12:47 PM
http://www.grd.be/motorhotel/eng/frame.htm

Great place to stay in Belgium - Bikers only hotel

When we stayed there in September last year we met loads of Dutch bikers - had a great night
if you look at photos for Sept 2004 Bikesterbabes and Sahabat you can see pictures
we appear on there too !

Peter Henry
05-05-05, 01:38 PM
Knee man!!
Turn right and head south mate! Sun and roads that render the question posed pointless!Enjoy your hoon matey! :lol: 8)

Anonymous
05-05-05, 08:02 PM
What a day! The sun came out and it was clear blue skies all the
way. The roads were dry and lots of bikers out - German, Netherlands,
Belgium, Austria - everywhere, but we were the only two british bikers
around.

The road to Nurburg is FANTASTIC, nothing like in England. Smooth,
proper tarmac, not the gritty stuff we have. No over banding, obviously
designed with bikers in mind. The pace was fast, but not rushed, about
90-100, which sounds a lot, but the roads are so good, and the view so
clear, you can see right around the bend. On the road to the Nurburg
Ring we came up behind a Lambogini Diablo GT... what a car! He was driving like a girl though, so we downed a cog and over took him. Got to the Ring and it was heaving... never seen so many bikes, super cars, souped up trucks, busses etc in one place. What an atmosphere. We had something to eat and drink, then enquired about getting the bikes onto the track.

Unfortunately there was a race on for the day so we couldnt actually
ride around ourselves, which is what we came here for, but it was a good
day nonetheless. I've aways wanted to come here, so now i can say i
have. And the A258 road is just to die for.. has to be seen to be !
beleived!
>
> We had a nice steady drive back the way we came - probably the best
bit of riding ive done in my life. I just left bike in 4th gear, not too
high, not too low, and for 30Km i didnt touch my brakes, just rolling
on and off the throttle to adjust the speed.. perfect. The sun was
setting behind the mountains, long shadows and the sky was a deep red
colour. Sheer bliss - moments like that you remember why you ride a bike. Just smooth and flowing, disposing of cars as you catch them up, almost euphoric.

We arrived back in a town called Schlieden where we enquired at a
hotel about rooms. Owner didnt speak a word of english so i used my German from school to enquire about rooms, costs, breakfast etc - amazing how it all comes flooding back when you need to. She asked me what time we wanted breakfast, i said i want mine about 8am, steve is stayting overnight too but leaving at 7am as he wants to be back in calais by 8pm... 11 hours!? If he didnt spend so much time filling up he could do it in 4. Still, thats steve i guess.

Steve has gone for one last ride to the next village along, but my
rear tyre is looking a bit shredded, so i decided against it - and
preserving it for the next few days, if i accelerate gently i can make it
last a few hundred kilometers. If not ill go to leige and get a new one.
Cheaper out here than in UK so may as well.

The hotel we're in is cheap and basic, typical german village hotel,
rooms havent been decorated since moses came down from mountains, but its quaint and has a certain charm to it. Single rooms, on suite
showers, communal toilets, breakfast and central location... Eur 30 per
person per night. Cant complain.

So tomorrow ill probably go to Leige and get that rear tyre fitted,
then ill go down the E25 south bound and come off at Junction 48, take
the N66 to Trois-Ponts. Then the N68 into Luxembourg where it becomes
the N7 and this leads me all the way into Luxembourg City where i will
explore and probably stay overnight. Saturday ill head out of Luxembourg
on the A31 down into France and a city called Metz, take the A4 E50
West towards Chalons-en-Champagne where ill then head north on the A4 E17-50 to Reims, before picking up the A26 E17 North, this takes me
directly back to Calais, its a toll road so i can make up some time on it.

Thats the plan, not set in stone, things happen plans change. But if
possible im going to stick to it.

These are the day that must happen to us?... Absolutely baby!"

Spiderman
05-05-05, 08:50 PM
I hope you are enjoying reading these posts, it gives me chance to share my adventure with other people who may have an interest in these kinds of things (steve is proving less adventurous),

Hell yeh!!!
Wish to do somthing like this later in the year. Maybe even with the g/f on the back.
Hope she'll be more fun than your mate s turning out to be. ;)
enjoy the roads and i'm looking forward to the next instalment.

No pics to post up btw? :?

El Saxo
05-05-05, 09:24 PM
Hi GYKD,

Am also enjoying reading your posts. A trip like that is one of the main reasons I did my bike licence, and next year, maybe... who knows?

Anyway, ride safe and keep writing when you can.

No pics to post up btw? :?

I'll second that, looking forward to some photos!

Couerdelion
05-05-05, 09:42 PM
It sounds absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to follow in some of your footsteps.

[thread derail]

If anyone else is umming and aahing about it there's still time to join the six of us from this site who are going at the end of july.

See here (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?p=300965#300965)

You know you want to!

[/thread derail]

Jelster
05-05-05, 11:45 PM
GYKD,

Sounds like you're having fun, but personally I think Metz is horrible... Very industrial and best passed on the motorway... I know, I've been there twice (I'm still trying to work out why I went back!)...

However, on reaching Metz, I suggest continuing south west on the N59 to St Die, and on to St Marie Aux Mines. Pick up the D416 and follow it all the way to the N83 and turn south into Colmar. Stay there over night, it's a nice town.

In the morning head out of Colmar on the D417 (my personal favourite bit of tarmac in Europe) and follow it all the way through Munster, Gerardmer and pick up the D11 at Le Tholy to Epinal. You can then take the N57 all the way up to Nancy. Should still give you plenty of time to get home.

Have fun!

Anonymous
06-05-05, 05:24 PM
Steve went this morning at 7am as planned, so im on my own now, and loving it.

I write from Luxembourg tonight, managed to get a new tyre fitted just 6Km from where we stayed last night. The chap spoke perfect english and we chatted for ages about bikes etc.. he only charged me Eur 80 for the rear. Which is amazing as in england a rear goes for 100GBP.

I followed the 256 to the belgium border, and ultimately into Luxembourg, the scenery was out of this world, and so isolated, i rode the road for 40 mins before i saw a car. The weather was a mixture of sun and showers. But i had waterproofs on so it didnt bother me, especially with the new rear tyre.

As i crossed the Luxembourg border there was a cafe on the right with loads of bikes parked up outside, so i stopped for a coffee. As i entered the cafe a dutch biker asked me if i could spare a smoke, i gave him one and we got chatting. Hes been on the road for a week and has 3 weeks to go, we sat outside in the sun and were joined by various other Dutch, German and french bikers as they came and went. It was surreal, sat in this hamlet, surrounded on each side by steep mountain faces and a single smooth road, snaking its was up each opposing side. We shared a joke, had a good chat etc, before i decided i should be making tracks to Luxembourg city. We all shook hands, the Dutchman patted me on the back, wished each other a happy and safe trip, and i was off.

I pulled into a honda bike dealer on the outskirts of Luxembourg where the owner came out. He saw the english plate, realised it was a 400cc and was gob smacked that id ridden all this way. He invited me in for a coffee, i accepted and we talked for an hour about bikes, touring, racing etc. I asked him if he knew any cheap hotels, and he said all hotels in city centre are upwards of 80euros, but hotel ibis about 5km from the airport is about 50.

I checked in there, and for 55euro i have single room, breakfast and secure parking. Spot on.

The weather now is hot and sunny. I've showered and changed, and am going to have a ride into the city centre to find summat to eat, enjoy the views then come back to my room before turning in for the night. Breakfast at 8am and on the road by 9.

"These are the days that must happen to us?.... Absolutely!"

Btw i've taken lots of photos and will post them upon my return to the United Kingdom. They should hopefully bring the story to life. Something extra for you folks to look forward to.

Right, time for some fodder.

Ciao....

GYKD

lynw
06-05-05, 05:28 PM
Luxembourg City is awesome.... its built on a ravine... you have the whole city bustling above it... but down the steps and youre in the ravine which is a beautiful park.... you'll love it...

If you came in from Belgium did you go through a place called Vianden? thats near the german border and a cool place too...

enjoy x

Anonymous
06-05-05, 05:38 PM
I saw the signs for that village, but didnt go through it, the road that led to it was small and twisty (good), it was 62 Km to Luxembourg (bad).

I backtracked to the main road, N7 E421 and blasted down there.

The whole area was beautiful. Was like living a dream.

Anonymous
08-05-05, 02:58 PM
Well folks, its now sunday and im back in the UK. I got back last night abiyut 11pm after leaving yesterday morning at 9am.

I woke up to find that it was raining heavy again, so i set off fully waterproofed up. By the time i got to Metz i was soaked to the bone. A coffee, few fags and a tank load of fuel i was off again. I managed to hold about 120 all the way, and hit the city of Reims about 12pm. Stopped for some lunch and a refuel. At the services i ran into some british bikers, the first ones of the trip. They'd spent a week in spain and were heading to Zeebrugger for the crossing to HUll. I asked where they were from in UK... "Scarborough" was the reply. 40 Miles from where i live... this really is a small world we live in.

I hit the road again, and made Calais by 330pm local time. The next crossing was at 420pm. I got talking to a guy on an R1 with a german plate, even though he turned out to be English. He was a squaddie on leave from the army and was heading home for 2 weeks. We boarded the ferry and found somewhere to get our heads down.

The ferry arrived into a sunny warm Dover and i shook hands with the German R1 and wished him a safe journey. I hit the british roads, reminding myself every 2 mins that i should keep it below 100mph. This didnt happen. Up the M20 and onto the M25, traffic was busy but flowing well at about 80mph, the time was about 645pm BST. I filled up at Toddington Services, and also made a phone call to Steve to see if he ha made it home alright.

He did the ride from Germany to Calais in 12 hours! He really was hanging around. It had taken me 9 hours to get from Luxembourg to Toddington Services.

The ride up north was ok, bit cold, but at least the sun was shining and the roads were clear. I didnt run into any police, nothing serious anyway - i got told to slow down by a traffic unit after i'd followed him for 5 miles at 110mph! 8)

I arrived back into York at 1030pm and after pulling into the drive, switched off the engine, and sat there... in sheer amazment at the mission just completed. Luxembourg to York in about 13 hours!

My dad came out, i took off my helmet, and looked at him... all i could do was smile. A big ear to ear smile... i still cant beleive i have done it and wish i was still out there.

These are the days that should happen to us? One last time.... absolutely!

Gykd.

Anonymous
08-05-05, 03:05 PM
Also, i have my photos ready to upload... only thing is i dont know how.

Please can someone tell me how to do this?

Cheers folks.

GYKD.

mattSV
08-05-05, 05:05 PM
Sounds like you had a great time - despite the rain.

You first need to get your pictures hosted on the internet - I tend to use:-

http://www.imagevenue.com/

It is free to use and seems pretty good.

Once the pictures are hosted, you will then be able to past the link into you message and then highlight the link, and click on the 'Img' button.

If you get stuck, PM me and I'll try and sort it for you.

Good luck

lynw
08-05-05, 05:35 PM
go into the photos section. Sticky near the top is the image hosting facility shutdown put up... you can use that... :D

glad you had a good time, cant wait for the pics

wheelnut
08-05-05, 06:07 PM
Im not jealous, at all not even a little bit

Grrr :cry:

Enjoy yourself

Cloggsy
08-05-05, 09:01 PM
You didn't say you were going for a cruise around europe GYKD...

Was it planned or was it spur of the moment stuff :?:

Richie
08-05-05, 09:19 PM
:D Sounds like you had a great time...
Germany always has had a big biker following that hang around the Nurburg Ring. Pitty you didn't get out.. but at least you saw some action.
Glad you made it there and back in one piece.

Anonymous
15-05-05, 05:48 PM
Hey Folks,

here are a selection of the photos i took...

http://img8.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc25&image=a68_P5020105.JPG

Leaving York, bike looking all spanking clean... not for long!

http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc150/th_20c_PIC_0002.JPG (http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc150&image=20c_PIC_0002.JPG)

Dover, 7am.. chucking it down!

http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc44/th_360_PIC_0007.JPG (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc44&image=360_PIC_0007.JPG)

Liege, Brussels - getting front tyre fitted after asking Bandit man for help - still think he was my guardian angle... i was wearing my St Christopher!

http://img16.imagevenue.com/loc87/th_842_PIC_0011.JPG (http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc87&image=842_PIC_0011.JPG)

Aachen, Germany. This is a picture of Steve checking his R6 (again) - as you can see, he doesn't look happy.

http://img10.imagevenue.com/loc67/th_93b_PIC_0015.JPG (http://img10.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc67&image=93b_PIC_0015.JPG)

As you can see, Nurburg ring... Take note of the absence of dark skys and wet roads! Sunshine!!! :D

The following few photos are just of the roads and scenery, i wont comment on them, just take the views in and dream of the freedom...

http://img6.imagevenue.com/loc45/th_93e_PIC_0026.JPG (http://img6.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc45&image=93e_PIC_0026.JPG)

http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc75/th_98e_PIC_0028.JPG (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc75&image=98e_PIC_0028.JPG)

http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc278/th_42d_PIC_0029.JPG (http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc278&image=42d_PIC_0029.JPG)

http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc158/th_ec6_PIC_0031.JPG (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc158&image=ec6_PIC_0031.JPG)

http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc116/th_9ac_PIC_0033.JPG (http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc116&image=9ac_PIC_0033.JPG)

This last photo above is of the cafe where i got chatting to the foreign bikers. The cafe is just about 200 meters inside the Luxembourg border line.

http://img5.imagevenue.com/loc45/th_c88_PIC_0035.JPG (http://img5.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc45&image=c88_PIC_0035.JPG)

http://img8.imagevenue.com/loc299/th_4f0_PIC_0038.JPG (http://img8.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc299&image=4f0_PIC_0038.JPG)

Luxembourg City centre - such a lovely place.

http://img16.imagevenue.com/loc243/th_7ee_PIC_0053.JPG (http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc243&image=7ee_PIC_0053.JPG)

On the ferry approaching Dover... look - clear skys.. isnt that just sods law!!!

http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc25/th_385_PIC_0054.JPG (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc25&image=385_PIC_0054.JPG)

Me, back at home - photo taken to my dad, who heard me coming and had a cup of tea waiting for me - what a guy! I was tired, i ached and was in a daze.. but what an experience. Luxembourg to York in 1 day.

This is the closure of the post. Hope you have all enjoyed reading my posts, and that these pictures add a little life to the story. I didnt post them all as there is about 50 all in. But this is a good mixture.

To any one out there thinking of doing it.. its highly recommended. Do NOT hesitate, book that ferry crossing today!

"Cold now, warm later. Wet now, dry later. Miserable now, laughing later. Lose control to find freedom!

These are the days that must happen to us... absolutely baby!"

Thanks to Dan Walsh of Bike Magazine for the inspiration. :lol:

Iansv
15-05-05, 05:51 PM
nice photo's... some nice links on the hosting pages too :lol: :wink:

glad you had fun, I'm determined to do something like that eventually when money allows, nice one !!

Spiderman
15-05-05, 08:48 PM
Quality stuff GYKD :thumbsup:

I too plan to do some of this. Time being the difficult factor for me. Butr i'm determined that its either this year or next.

Dan walsh's articles are great too and i can see why he inspired you to get out and do it. That last photo of you arriving back. Talk about satisfied with a trip well done :D

Nice one.

Moo
16-05-05, 08:58 PM
Good pics Luxumbergs really nice.

timwilky
16-05-05, 09:31 PM
Riding in a foriegn country is fun, I remember carefully riding on the RHS and getting to my first roudabout. Doh I went round clockwise.

Was even worse when I eventually got back to blighty, felt very strange to ride on the right side of the road

Anonymous
04-05-06, 10:41 AM
Wow! What a difference a year makes!

This time last year i was in Belgium/Germany heading towards Aachen! :lol:

Ive actually found a load more pics i took whilst out there so i will upload them all tonight when i get home - they bring the story to live a little better than the select few i posted up.

If anyone is contemplating something like this this year, DO IT! NOW!!!

It was fantastic and i still think about it to this day. Cant wait to get my license back and do it all again! :cry:

Cloggsy
04-05-06, 10:44 AM
Cant wait to get my license back and do it all again! :cry:

Yeah, but it won't be the same on a Honda C90 :lol: :lol: :lol:

tricky
04-05-06, 10:47 AM
If anyone is contemplating something like this this year, DO IT! NOW!!!

Booked the ferry in february, only another 67 days to wait !

Anonymous
04-05-06, 10:49 AM
Cant wait to get my license back and do it all again! :cry:

Yeah, but it won't be the same on a Honda C90 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THERE is a challenge!

No its going to the done on the ZXR400 that im repairing. when its sorted, get it Tested etc, take it out for a few runs in Yorkshire, then down to europe for a jaunt.

Warthog
04-05-06, 11:14 AM
Get yourself to a town called Leuven just outside Brussels, its where Stella is made.
There are a couple of squares, next to each other, surrounded by bars selling great beers. Leffe Blond is my fav.
In the evening the area is packed with all the locals, mainly students, as it has big University there.

Sit outside getting slowly ( or should that be quickly) plastered watching the world go by. :D

Top recommendation! I lived near Leuven for 17 years, it truly is a lovely relaxed fun place to enjoy good beer and friendly people!

Lou M
04-05-06, 01:08 PM
I missed this last year, joined the site just after you'd been. Definately an inspiration. I'm a bad traveller - got a big phobia about leaving the UK, but boy, have you inspired me.

I have a big dream to get to the Millau Viaduct - I may just do it.

Now - where are those back issues of bike with Dan Walsh - where is that man?!

Nutty x

pegasus
04-05-06, 06:20 PM
sounds like your having a great time....wish it was me :lol:

haggis
04-05-06, 09:00 PM
sounds like your having a great time....wish it was me :lol:

Check the original posts' dates VLTN3!

Anonymous
13-05-06, 04:22 PM
As promised a few weeks ago - here are some other pics that i found of my trip.

http://upload3.postimage.org/236070/PIC_0003.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236070/photo_hosting.html)

Dunkirk

http://upload3.postimage.org/236074/PIC_0015.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236074/photo_hosting.html)

Nurburgring

http://upload3.postimage.org/236082/PIC_0016.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236082/photo_hosting.html)

Lake about 29km from Nurburgring

http://upload3.postimage.org/236090/PIC_0021.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236090/photo_hosting.html)

THe hotel room we stayed in, in Germany, by the Nurburgring - i had to order it all in German.

http://upload3.postimage.org/236099/PIC_0031.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236099/photo_hosting.html)

Approaching Luxembourg Border.. pouring rain, narrow roads, steep hills, brand new tyre - makes for interesting ride.

http://upload3.postimage.org/236107/PIC_0037.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236107/photo_hosting.html)

Honda dealership in Luxembourg - the guy in the black waistcoat is the manager - he couldnt beleive i was from England on a CBR400NC29! :lol:

http://upload3.postimage.org/236111/PIC_0038.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236111/photo_hosting.html)

Luxembourg City Centre. Lovely.

http://upload3.postimage.org/236117/PIC_0039.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236117/photo_hosting.html)

Luxembourg City Centre, looking the other way - i love that city.

http://upload3.postimage.org/236125/PIC_0044.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236125/photo_hosting.html)

Leaving Luxembourg in the morning, rain rain rain - it didnt really stop raining until i hit Dover, a good 8\9hours later. :cry:

http://upload3.postimage.org/236128/PIC_0026.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236128/photo_hosting.html)
http://upload3.postimage.org/236132/PIC_0027.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236132/photo_hosting.html)
http://upload3.postimage.org/236134/PIC_0028.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/236134/photo_hosting.html)

Roads like this are in abundance out there - sheer biking bliss.

More to Follow......

Moo
13-05-06, 06:00 PM
Good pics one day soon passport wallet full of money and credit cards one the bike and just ride. :lol:

Bluefish
22-01-11, 05:52 PM
lol, at the pics now :D

Lou M
22-01-11, 06:40 PM
Ha ha, just read my post on here, about my phobia of traveling! Finally took the bike to Belgium last year, and have already booked Normandy this year. Knew I'd get there in the end!

Biker Biggles
22-01-11, 07:43 PM
Took me a while to work out who the OP was.Got it now.
Interesting to note some former orgers on these graveyard threads.

Sally
22-01-11, 08:30 PM
What the fu(k is up with the pictures haha