PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Nipples

jambo
04-05-05, 08:44 AM
Will be at SELKENT tonight, Ballanced my carbs the other day and have lost one of the little rubber "nipples" that cover the brass tubes used for connecting vacume guages.

It dropped down onto the gearbox block and just disapeared, broad daylight, had the bike 1/2 appart, crawling on my knees, using a torch, shaking the bike at about 45 degrees lean and all sorts, must have been a small wormhole opening up in the fabric of space time or something.

Anyway if anyone's got one spare can I rob it? :oops:

hall13uk
04-05-05, 09:22 AM
rubber nipples=women not bike talk *hopes dashed*

jambo
04-05-05, 10:24 AM
You have a very sordid mind..... Take it that's a "no" :lol:

hall13uk
04-05-05, 10:30 AM
indeed i do :)
its taken many years years of careful nuturing :lol:

hall13uk
04-05-05, 10:35 AM
might be able to get one what year & model is your bike??

Benji
04-05-05, 11:31 AM

It pretty much shouldn't matter. If there are carbs on a bike, it will have carb sync brass fittings which at all other times should be covered with some sort of rubber nipple. Any nipple will do as long as its not loose.

Benji

jambo
04-05-05, 11:32 AM
it's a '98 Bandit 600, but these rubber nipples are as generic as a part can get, if it fits an SV it'll go on a bandit or anything else. If you have to order one or buy one don't worry, I can order one in, it was just if someone has one kicking about.

Benji
04-05-05, 11:33 AM
it's a '98 Bandit 600, but these rubber nipples are as generic as a part can get, if it fits an SV it'll go on a bandit or anything else. If you have to order one or buy one don't worry, I can order one in, it was just if someone has one kicking about.

:P

Benji

Itching 2 go
04-05-05, 11:34 AM

It pretty much shouldn't matter. If there are carbs on a bike, it will have carb sync brass fittings which at all other times should be covered with some sort of rubber nipple. Any nipple will do as long as its not loose.

Benjido you like making things up?

I have in stock nipples for an SV but not for a bandit.
they are different sizes, you will find that every carb/throttle body manufacturer will have different size nipples for the same job, just like the bikes all use different sparkplugs in the engines.

Itching 2 go
04-05-05, 11:37 AM
it's a '98 Bandit 600, but these rubber nipples are as generic as a part can get, if it fits an SV it'll go on a bandit or anything else. If you have to order one or buy one don't worry, I can order one in, it was just if someone has one kicking about.no they arn't, they are different sizes. look in the box the vacumn gages cam in, you will see loads of extra fittings to adapt to other carbs/injectors

hall13uk
04-05-05, 11:41 AM
nah cant get one sorry :(
not the same thing i am thinking of

jambo
04-05-05, 11:43 AM
no they arn't, they are different sizes. look in the box the vacumn gages cam in, you will see loads of extra fittings to adapt to other carbs/injectors

I stand sumarily slaped down by joe :lol:

Ok if anyone has any rubber nipples that they think might fit a black '98 Bandit 600 with Kehin carbs on an S plate with 30,000 miles on the clock sold in London at Dytona Motorcycles..... Please bring them, if not don't worry about it.... it really isn't the end of the world, I'm getting bored of saying this but I can order them through Joe. If you have some you think will fit I can try either they'll fit or they wont :roll:

Itching 2 go
04-05-05, 11:49 AM
no they arn't, they are different sizes. look in the box the vacumn gages cam in, you will see loads of extra fittings to adapt to other carbs/injectors

I stand sumarily slaped down by joe :lol:

Ok if anyone has any rubber nipples that they think might fit a black '98 Bandit 600 with Kehin carbs on an S plate with 30,000 miles on the clock sold in London at Dytona Motorcycles..... Please bring them, if not don't worry about it.... it really isn't the end of the world, I'm getting bored of saying this but I can order them through Joe. If you have some you think will fit I can try either they'll fit or they wont :roll:;) lol

Benji
04-05-05, 12:46 PM
do you like making things up?

No thats reserved for 'Joe Logic'.

I didn't say they are all EXACTLY the same, just implying that a LOT of them will be similar hence:

Any nipple will do as long as its not loose.

:wink:

Oh and the gauges didn't come in a box :wink:

Benji

Itching 2 go
04-05-05, 01:23 PM
Any nipple will do as long as its not loose.
or too tight that it might split

Oh and the gauges didn't come in a box :wink:

Benjiyes they did, the box is in the kitchen. James didn't return the box with the gages last time so it didn't come with one this time. Thats why your assuming there are no extra fittings, coz you didnt see them. :P

Sid Squid
04-05-05, 04:19 PM
I've probably got something that will fit, if I have I'll bring it tonight.

TSM
04-05-05, 04:31 PM

Sid Squid + Essential Rubber = ??????????????

Itching 2 go
04-05-05, 04:34 PM

Sid Squid + Essential Rubber = ??????????????a man not to **** off :twisted: