PDA

View Full Version : SELKent Rideout - End of May?

BillyC
11-05-05, 01:15 PM
Okay all,

Lots of questions about planning another ride out. I've more or less abandoned the East Kent idea - someone else can plan that one for later in the season :lol:

Some great roads around Sussex way, and I'll put together something reminiscent of last year's outing to Birling Gap.

So... here are some suggested dates - I personally prefer the Sunday, as it allows Monday to recover before work on Tuesday! :oops:

Squid/Si - can you make this sticky please?

thor
11-05-05, 01:29 PM
I'd love to go, but don't how long my folks are staying for yet...

Viney
11-05-05, 01:44 PM
Cant make that weekend. I shall be larging it up with some hairy assed bikers at a rally near brighton...:D

Itching 2 go
11-05-05, 01:44 PM
Sundays as I work on saturdays!

helen
11-05-05, 02:07 PM
Might have to miss this one - have a business law exam on the first :cry:

helen
11-05-05, 02:07 PM
of june.

Iansv
11-05-05, 02:20 PM
i'm away that weekend, outside chance of making it on the monday but no chance for sat/sun

coombest
11-05-05, 03:55 PM
I won't be able to do the Saturday or Sunday and I doubt I'll make the Monday, as I'll be at Silverstone for the WSB from Thursday night and will probably be far too tired to think about venturing out on a rideout... If Monday is decided on, I may be able to join you at some stage though! :lol: :roll:

rictus01
11-05-05, 06:33 PM
afraid I can't make this either, spraying on 28th & 30th, Silverstone WSB on the 29th.

Cheers Mark.

Jdubya
11-05-05, 07:54 PM
I cant make the monday but sat/sun is fine. I voted sun :wink:

Viney
11-05-05, 08:22 PM
Going well huh :lol:

Samnooshka
20-05-05, 01:02 PM
The Sunday sounds good, as i work Saturdays and Mondays. Just let me know what time.

BillyC
23-05-05, 12:36 PM
Well... a generally poor response from all! :lol:

I think this is pretty much a no-go with so few people in attendance, hence why I've not really been bothered to plan any specific route.

For those that are still keen, if the weather is nice, then perhaps a meet somewhere followed by a little jaunt to Wessons or somewhere.

Let me know via PM if you're interested, and we can arrange something. I have to get up to something so that Helen can revise for her exams ;)

Itching 2 go
23-05-05, 12:45 PM
well I would pm ya but cant be arsed! I would like to go for a ride tho on sunday would be sweet :wink:

BillyC
23-05-05, 01:54 PM
well I would pm ya but cant be arsed! I would like to go for a ride tho on sunday would be sweet :wink:

Good man!

hall13uk
23-05-05, 02:20 PM
would be intrested as well but also can't be @rsed to pm

chutz
24-05-05, 09:44 PM
dude. I may be around that weekend. Text me closer to the event for my final answer...
PM's are for girls so I'll leave that to someone else :lol:

BillyC
24-05-05, 11:05 PM
Well... this may not be happening unless I can get this brake caliper sorted out, and a new load of fluid bled through. :?

hall13uk
24-05-05, 11:56 PM
well i am happy to help as much as possible not like i am going anywhere
i could run the ride out for u or help with ur brakes.

Samnooshka
27-05-05, 12:53 PM
I can't make the Sunday now, as i have to go to Southampton for a birthday party. But the boss gave me the bank holiday off work!

Have fun all of you that can go, wih i could, but family calls :cry: have to go to this party instead.

Itching 2 go
27-05-05, 01:19 PM
Well... this may not be happening unless I can get this brake caliper sorted out, and a new load of fluid bled through. :?I could try and hash a ride together, I really enjoyed the one last week. anyone?

Skiddy
27-05-05, 01:49 PM
I could easily be temped out actually, criminally underused the bike so far this year.

Aurora
27-05-05, 01:51 PM
I might be out and about Monday, probably going to Boxhill. Anyone else likely to be around???

Praying for sun 8)

Viney
27-05-05, 02:43 PM
I might be out monday as well. Dont know yet, but might just take a trip to Boxhill. I'll look out for your pink one :shock:

Itching 2 go
27-05-05, 02:49 PM
so how about the ride gets moved to monday then?

Samnooshka
28-05-05, 03:43 PM
I'm up for the ride being moved to monday... please please please!! I've got to gop to Southampton tomorrow so will miss the ride out, unless you do it 2 days in a row. :P

hall13uk
28-05-05, 03:49 PM
monday looking good for me at this time

Valman
28-05-05, 08:12 PM
I would be up for a ride on Monday as well, not sure the weather is going to agree with us though.

Viney
29-05-05, 08:53 AM
Riverhead at 12 then :) No route, just head for the coast?

Samnooshka
29-05-05, 08:59 AM
Riverhead at 12 then :) No route, just head for the coast?

Sounds good to me.

Itching 2 go
29-05-05, 12:51 PM
we could do, best ask billy, thiml he fancied meeting at oakdene. I like the idea of riverhead tho

jambo
29-05-05, 03:46 PM
Oh My god, I'm at my dad's on a Pentium 200 running win98 and on dialup... noooooo!

Anyway have not been able to read much of this thread as it takes ober 3minutes to load a page...

I'm free to go out tomorrow (monday), if someone could please text/call me (Joe, please help, or PM Joe...) I will be out tomorrow, I just have to get up early and get to the meeting point from winchester....

Viney
29-05-05, 03:47 PM
Billy, we are meeting at Riverhead, is that ok? :D

Valman
29-05-05, 07:12 PM
Never been to the Riverhead before and it doesn't look like an easy route for me :? , so does anyone feel like helping me get from East London to the Riverhead then?

TSM
29-05-05, 07:16 PM
Valman: I could show you, go through biggin hill.

Valman
29-05-05, 07:28 PM
Valman: I could show you, go through biggin hill.

Thanks TSM but I've just checked where Biggin Hill is and that's even further away and the route is even more confusing than going straight to the Riverhead :? .

TSM
29-05-05, 08:17 PM
Ok, its easy though and a nicer ride with more twisty roads. Thats the way i go to riverhead, Lewisham>Bromley>Biggin Hill>Riverhead.

hall13uk
29-05-05, 09:00 PM
hey there :)
have sorted out a baby sitter so i will see you all at riverhead tomorrow. 8)
hey valman i could show u the way :idea:

BillyC
29-05-05, 09:37 PM
Hi Boys and Girls...

Riverhead for 12pm? Sounds good to me!

I'm a bit ****ed up at the moment, attempting to browse the site from my Dad's computer over dial-up (someone save me!). Have Chutz, Coombest and Helen in the lounge making up songs for Chutz's next album. after having far too many beers/pims/cider etc.

Anyhow... the bike's been serviced today, sort of cleaned - all except the wheels, and is going very sweetly!

Hopefully see you all tomorrow!

Oh... meet at 12, head to the 6 Bells for refreshement ~ an hour later?, And then Beachy Head/Birling Gap for some seaside views!

:drink: Have a good evening everyone! :lol:

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:07 PM
Hi Boys and Girls...

Riverhead for 12pm? Sounds good to me!

I'm a bit p*ssed up at the moment, attempting to browse the site from my Dad's computer over dial-up (someone save me!). Have Chutz, Coombest and Helen in the lounge making up songs for Chutz's next album. after having far too many beers/pims/cider etc.

Anyhow... the bike's been serviced today, sort of cleaned - all except the wheels, and is going very sweetly!

Hopefully see you all tomorrow!

Oh... meet at 12, head to the 6 Bells for refreshement ~ an hour later?, And then Beachy Head/Birling Gap for some seaside views!

:drink: Have a good evening everyone! :lol:

8) you are having a goodtime then billy :wink: :drink: i will see you tomorrow :) if you are sober :wink:

Viney
29-05-05, 10:26 PM
Billy. You scare me. I had the exact same location/route in mind. Now stop it.

Valman. the easiest route if not the most interesting.

A102 through the blackwall tunnel, M25 towards Gatwick, at J5(i think, stay on A21(outside 2 lanes) follow A21 round bend,m next exit, signposted Riverhead, follow down to bottom of hill(past school and traffic lights) the Harvester is on the right :D See ya tomorrow

Itching 2 go
29-05-05, 10:30 PM
where is six bells? and birling gap?

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:31 PM
i dunno sounds good though :wink:

Itching 2 go
29-05-05, 10:32 PM
btw I have left my phone at work so you cant get hold of me if you are lost and I cant get hold of you if I take a wrong turn trying to follow you all :P

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:36 PM
btw I have left my phone at work so you cant get hold of me if you are lost and I cant get hold of you if I take a wrong turn trying to follow you all :Pdo u want my mobile in case of any problems :?: there are i think still some of those call boxes around :wink:

Itching 2 go
29-05-05, 10:40 PM
btw I have left my phone at work so you cant get hold of me if you are lost and I cant get hold of you if I take a wrong turn trying to follow you all :Pdo u want my mobile in case of any problems :?: there are i think still some of those call boxes around :wink:that wont help me on the way there but thanks for the offer, besides what will you then use?

Viney
29-05-05, 10:43 PM

6 bells Chiddingly (off the A22 or the A267)
Briling gap is the place just on from Beachy head

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:43 PM
btw I have left my phone at work so you cant get hold of me if you are lost and I cant get hold of you if I take a wrong turn trying to follow you all :Pdo u want my mobile in case of any problems :?: there are i think still some of those call boxes around :wink:that wont help me on the way there but thanks for the offer, besides what will you then use?
i have a couple of old phones lying around the house.

TSM
29-05-05, 10:46 PM
I2G: Ive got a spare one that i usaly carry with me incase i need it. You can borrow that.

Itching 2 go
29-05-05, 10:48 PM
honestly I am fine, I hope not to ever need a phone, besides I am sure there are phone boxes still in circulation if i need one, the only problem is I dont have a phone book :shock:

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:50 PM
the only problem is I dont have a phone book :shock:
so bungge it to your pillion seat :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Valman
29-05-05, 10:51 PM
Billy. You scare me. I had the exact same location/route in mind. Now stop it.

Valman. the easiest route if not the most interesting.

A102 through the blackwall tunnel, M25 towards Gatwick, at J5(i think, stay on A21(outside 2 lanes) follow A21 round bend,m next exit, signposted Riverhead, follow down to bottom of hill(past school and traffic lights) the Harvester is on the right :D See ya tomorrow

Thanks Viney, that's the same route I got from multimap. I know the route very well up to the blackwall tunnel but as soon as I get south of the river things always seem to go wrong for me and I end up some where completely different to where I wanted to go.

Thanks for the offer James, where do you want to meet up?

TSM
29-05-05, 10:52 PM
Remind me what you are riding, umm one gear missing and a few other problems. :roll: You know that when you need something most you usaly dont have it.

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:53 PM
at sainsburys just after u exit the blackwall tunnel south of the water.
at 11.15am is that ok :?:

Itching 2 go
29-05-05, 10:54 PM
and you still couldn't out run me even if I had no top gear and one cylinder dropping out :P

Valman
29-05-05, 10:55 PM

You mean the one we met up when we went to Brands?

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:55 PM
and you still couldn't out run me even if I had no top gear and one cylinder dropping out :P :lol:

hall13uk
29-05-05, 10:56 PM

err no.

but we can make it that one if u like :?:

Viney
29-05-05, 11:07 PM
honestly I am fine, I hope not to ever need a phone, besides I am sure there are phone boxes still in circulation if i need one, the only problem is I dont have a phone book :shock:

Youre always losing things...gears, phones, the plot...where will it end???
Just try to keep up, and you'll be fine. If you fall behind, we'll wait for you ;)

Valman
29-05-05, 11:19 PM

err no.

If you mean the one at:
Bugsbys Way
Greenwich
SE10 0QJ

That's a lot easier, so I'll see you there at 11:15 then?

hall13uk
29-05-05, 11:22 PM

err no.

If you mean the one at:
Bugsbys Way
Greenwich
SE10 0QJ

That's a lot easier, so I'll see you there at 11:15 then?
yes there bugsbys way sainsburys 11:15am tomorrow see you there :)

Viney
29-05-05, 11:22 PM
I would just like to add, that my attendence is weather dependent. If its hissing down, then im gonna stay wrapped up in bed thanks :D

hall13uk
29-05-05, 11:25 PM
I would just like to add, that my attendence is weather dependent. If its hissing down, then im gonna stay wrapped up in bed thanks :D

fair enough mine however is not.

Valman
29-05-05, 11:29 PM

Me too. :D

BillyC
29-05-05, 11:35 PM
Joe: Just as Viney says... the Six Bells is a very biker friendly pub in Chidingly, near Wessons basically. Do great cheap lunches for those that are interested. A Paul's Special is a bargain! ;)

From there? Birling Gap is exactly what I had in mind - time for another group photograph - oh, forgot my camera! :(

Weather Forecast: BBC is predicting light showers - which means that it'll be probably be sunny spells. Generally speaking, I think the afternoon should be fine!

hall13uk
29-05-05, 11:40 PM
Joe: Just as Viney says... the Six Bells is a very biker friendly pub in Chidingly, near Wessons basically. Do great cheap lunches for those that are interested. A Paul's Special is a bargain! ;)

From there? Birling Gap is exactly what I had in mind - time for another group photograph - oh, forgot my camera! :(

Weather Forecast: BBC is predicting light showers - which means that it'll be probably be sunny spells. Generally speaking, I think the afternoon should be fine!

so leathers all round then :wink:

Samnooshka
30-05-05, 09:00 AM
Well i'm going out no matter what the weather :P , should be ok in the afternoon, see you all at Riverhead at 12 then.

Sammy