PDA

View Full Version : Whoops!!!!!!

rictus01
14-05-05, 03:14 PM
Played around with the rear suspension in the week and just about got it sorted :) , however the downside, I'm now able to spin the back up out of corners under total control, three days of fun resulted in this.

http://www.bureaunet.com/FTP/Rictus/before.jpg

After a very cautious ride to the tyres place,

http://www.bureaunet.com/FTP/Rictus/after.jpg

Now that's better, what about some rolling burnouts :twisted:

(It's not big and It's not clever, but boy is it fun :twisted: )

Cheers Mark.

jonboy
14-05-05, 03:54 PM
:shock:

Er just slightly below the 1mm minimum tread depth then officer? :lol:

Whatever happened to fiscal awareness? :wink:

rictus01
14-05-05, 03:59 PM
:

Whatever happened to fiscal awareness? :wink:

out weighted by blissful handling 8)

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 04:04 PM
cor blimy, you must have been right over in those corners to cause that sort of wear :lol: I get better lean angles on my thundershat! :lol:

jonboy
14-05-05, 04:08 PM
I think it might also be due to achieving 170 kph on a deserted stretch of motorway. Er it was kph wasn't it? :lol:

rictus01
14-05-05, 04:09 PM
I think it might also be due to achieving 170 kph on a deserted stretch of motorway. Er it was kph wasn't it? :lol:

NO

rictus01
14-05-05, 04:19 PM
cor blimy, you must have been right over in those corners to cause that sort of wear :lol: I get better lean angles on my thundershat! :lol:

Spinning the back up you don't have to lean the bike much as the tyre is going slightly across the direction of travel, adding the spin maintained powering out before the hook up, and you get significant wear rate.

I'd hoped to get about 8k out of the rear, but owing to a lack of restrain on my part only managed 6.2k, I reckon I managed to kill about 3.5k of normal tyre life in the last 3 days :shock:

Cheers Mark

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 04:43 PM

Spinning the back up you don't have to lean the bike much as the tyre is going slightly across the direction of travel, adding the spin maintained powering out before the hook up, and you get significant wear rate.

I'd hoped to get about 8k out of the rear, but owing to a lack of restrain on my part only managed 6.2k, I reckon I managed to kill about 3.5k of normal tyre life in the last 3 days :shock:

Cheers Markmay I ask you to clarify for me as I don't understand what you are saying. In your first post you said you spun the rear up out of corners, so I would have expected higher wear at about 3/4 lean, the same as you get on race bikes, where the picture you posted shows you to have spun the rear in the centre either in a straight line or stationary.(aint that called a burn out?)

Now you are suggesting you dont need to be far over to get the rear lit up. I have seen you launch your bike off a damp set of lights and spun it up so understand how this could happen but to say that you caused this dammage just by exiting corners imho is not possible. I smell a dirty doggy dodo!(bull**** scores more than doggy do) :lol:

rictus01
14-05-05, 04:47 PM

Cheers Markmay I ask you to clarify for me as I don't understand what you are saying. In your first post you said you spun the rear up out of corners, so I would have expected higher wear at about 3/4 lean, the same as you get on race bikes, where the picture you posted shows you to have spun the rear in the centre either in a straight line or stationary.(aint that called a burn out?)

Now you are suggesting you dont need to be far over to get the rear lit up. I have seen you launch your bike off a damp set of lights and spun it up so understand how this could happen but to say that you caused this dammage just by exiting corners imho is not possible. I smell a dirty doggy dodo!(bull**** scores more than doggy do) :lol:

Joe i think you're confusing "back it in" wqhich is what some racers do with "spinning it up" which is what I'm saying.

One is pre apex and one is post.

O, and I haven't done a burnout in about 10 years.

Cheers Mark.

SV650Racer
14-05-05, 04:52 PM
yeah racers spin it up too.

i smell poo..tons of the stuff.

so you had a knackered rear tyre and decided to burn it out before replacing it...so what?... :roll:

170mph from a speed triple...

anyone got a shovel :shock:

SV650Racer
14-05-05, 04:53 PM
ah BTW why not come out for a ride wednesday evening and show us how ya do it??? :lol:

you have to learn from the master :?

rictus01
14-05-05, 04:58 PM
like the mutual support.

believe what you want.

I'm have great fun with it.

SV650Racer
14-05-05, 05:01 PM
not up for a ride then? :lol:

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 05:02 PM
Joe i think you're confusing "back it in" wqhich is what some racers do with "spinning it up" which is what I'm saying.

One is pre apex and one is post.

Cheers Mark.Mark I know the differance! I, as you know work with racers, I have done many track days, I have seen what happens to tyres when you spin them up and "back them in". What your suggesting I struggle to believe. Yes if you spin a trye it shreds its rubber, I am not disputing this. You have done brands I take it! You have also seen the trye wear that occors when you exit clearways really fast spinning the rear, you get wear 3/4 or the way accross the tyre on the right hand side.

What I am saying is that I believe you to have caused this wear by spinning the rear but not while cranked over, perhaps it is possible exiting a corner once you are upright but if you were at all cranked when the trye was spinning up the wear would be in a different place. Go watch some Garry McCoy footage!

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 05:04 PM
I'm have great fun with it.and I agree that is all than matters!like the mutual support.

it dont happen every day;) but maybe we aint wrong :P

rictus01
14-05-05, 05:17 PM
this Wednesday is Selkent, I'll be there.

Being "the master" you obviously know how to power out of corners? but if you want to watch me, then follow me down from Biggin Hill( great roads from thre to Riverhead), and I'll follow you at some point to, as you put it " learn from the master ", as I'm not quite past it yet I don't mind the odd spirited ride, although can't promise to learn anything as I'm fairly set in my way, but you never know.

Cheers Mark.

rictus01
14-05-05, 05:59 PM
so you had a knackered rear tyre and decided to burn it out before replacing it...so what?... :roll:

Cheers Mark.

the tyre isn't over 10 years old (don't think they made Z6's then).

170mph from a speed triple...

Obviously knowing my bike so well and all the modifications, you'll know the theoretical top speed is 178 mph (from the final drive ratios and I not believing that's possible for one momento on anything other than a bench), and being full aware of my conversations about the bike, you'll know it's what was indicated on the speedo, realistically i'd say about 155 or so but then some people believe the SV does 145-50 mph :wink:[

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 06:24 PM

Being "the master" you obviously know how to power out of corners? but if you want to watch me, then follow me down from Biggin Hill( great roads from thre to Riverhead), and I'll follow you at some point to, as you put it " learn from the master ", as I'm not quite past it yet I don't mind the odd spirited ride, although can't promise to learn anything as I'm fairly set in my way, but you never know.

Cheers Mark.lol Sarah aint the master! lol She is fast, faster than 95% of road riders but probably about 70-80%faster than other racers in her class. Now Steve he IS fast! :twisted:

rictus01
14-05-05, 09:14 PM
70-80%faster than other racers

Now that is incredible :!:

Let's say a race is 30 laps, 1 minute a lap = 30 minute to finish

being 100% faster would mean you could finish in half the time (15 minutes) - yes?

so 80% faster would be about 2/3 of the time = 20 minutes

so that's a 10 minute lead on the next fastest rider ?

WOW, even Rossi doesn't do that ?

Not that I disbelieve you but are you sure she's in the right class :?:

or has she an SV1000 ?

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 09:54 PM
70-80%faster than other racers

Now that is incredible :!:

Let's say a race is 30 laps, 1 minute a lap = 30 minute to finish

being 100% faster would mean you could finish in half the time (15 minutes) - yes?

so 80% faster would be about 2/3 of the time = 20 minutes

so that's a 10 minute lead on the next fastest rider ?

WOW, even Rossi doesn't do that ?

Not that I disbelieve you but are you sure she's in the right class :?:

or has she an SV1000 ?ha ha I see what you have taken from this, I did mis type what I meant. it should have read sarah is faster than about 70-80% of the riders in her class not that she is 80% faster than them.lol

Spiderman
14-05-05, 10:34 PM
Hey joe..

Having seen me ride (in your mirrors at some point wasnt i?). You think i could keep up with this lot? :lol:

Itching 2 go
14-05-05, 10:43 PM
Hey joe..

Having seen me ride (in your mirrors at some point wasnt i?). You think i could keep up with this lot? :lol:with which lot? sarah and rictus? well with a working bike, I wouldn't like to give it a go as I find some of the riding i have whitnessed in the past questionable even by my low standards :wink:

rictus01
14-05-05, 11:33 PM
Hey joe..

Having seen me ride (in your mirrors at some point wasnt i?). You think i could keep up with this lot? :lol:with which lot? sarah and rictus? well with a working bike, I wouldn't like to give it a go as I find some of the riding i have whitnessed in the past questionable even by my low standards :wink:

your not sniping are you Joe :?: I'll bite. :wink:

I think the phrase is "ride within your own limitations", not that everyones are the same, and indeed are changeable.

30yrs road riding of 40-50k a year, still here, yeah I'm good enough to have survived.

Itching 2 go
15-05-05, 11:42 AM
Hey joe..

your not sniping are you Joe :?: I'll bite. :wink:

I think the phrase is "ride within your own limitations", not that everyones are the same, and indeed are changeable.

30yrs road riding of 40-50k a year, still here, yeah I'm good enough to have survived.Now, now, Mark you know me better than that, I don't snipe I say what I mean! :wink: do you have a guilty conscious? :lol:

rictus01
15-05-05, 01:15 PM
do you have a guilty conscious? :lol:

Not at all, I don't even have a boss to impress either :wink:

Itching 2 go
15-05-05, 01:37 PM

Not at all, I don't even have a boss to impress either :wink:yeah well that aint gonna happen is it?

rictus01
15-05-05, 03:51 PM

Not at all, I don't even have a boss to impress either :wink:yeah well that aint gonna happen is it?

Worth a try though, it seems :?:

Itching 2 go
15-05-05, 04:03 PM

Worth a try though, it seems :?:Are you suggesting that I am dissagreeing with what you have said because I wish to impress the boss? or maybe the bosses wife? :lol: thats funny!

rictus01
15-05-05, 09:15 PM

Worth a try though, it seems :?:Are you suggesting that I am dissagreeing with what you have said because I wish to impress the boss? or maybe the bosses wife? :lol: thats funny!

well we can agree on that, anyway :lol: .

SV650Racer
16-05-05, 07:46 AM
Joe does impress me as he does an excellent job and is a great person, down to earth and doesnt need to post anything like what you have to up his ego.

Neither do i.

Spiderman
16-05-05, 07:46 PM
This has turned out to be a most intresting thread generated from a shredded tyre.

rictus01
17-05-05, 08:08 AM
This has turned out to be a most intresting thread generated from a shredded tyre.

Mail servers down so got a few minute,

Yeah, got to say from a simple tyre pic or two, it’s generated some interesting comments.

Allow me to keep it going.:wink:

The mutual gratification apart. :roll:

What I can make out is,
Unless your tyre is worn like a track or race tyre, you’re a B*llsh*tter. (According to two contributors apparently)
Which as you maybe able to tell I don’t agree with, road/work & commuting use is totally different to track use even with spirited road riding thrown in it wouldn’t result in the type of wear Joe expects.(not many corners are like clearways/ Clark's in the real world).
Apart from the fact that as I originally said, I only got 3 days riding on it after setting up the rear shock and made no claims of any lean angles, the terms I used was “spin the back up out of corners”.

So a road tyre with a rear shock not setup for 5.5k of its 6.2k life should look like a track or race tyre? Don’t think so, an even more if it did, I’d suggest the rider hadn’t taken observation as a primary concern over that time and was lucky to have not had some incident (read "rides like a nutter"). The triumph isn’t like an SV and you can’t (well I can’t) just gun it out of corners full throttle it's got to much power for that :twisted: .

Instead you have to roll on throttle through the apex and when the bike has a fairly straight line out and is mostly upright, only then can you gun it inducing power wheel spin off the throttle and control it, Much as I've had a full and enjoyable life, I'm not quite ready to end it yet, by using all the power directly from the apex :wink:

Having gone through 7-8 rears each year, none have worn the same as Joe suggests, (although I only managed a single track day on any set) perhaps I’m getting old and slow these days, however the lack of chicken strips on the last tyres (about 3mm each side) show that even I’m capable on a big heavy bike of getting significant lean angles.
Not believing the Triumph can wheel spin of the throttle alone, just shows they haven’t owned a 140bhp triumph before, so I can sort of understand that being unbelievable to them, true though it is (well Ok a bit of exaggeration
there, 138.9 bhp in truth)

I find it hard to believe that anyone knows what my Speedo indicated at full wack, as even I didn’t, not taking in to account svracer knowledge (or lack) of the modifications made to my bike, when you consider I don’t think I’ve ever been introduce or been on a ride out with her ? Apart from an uninformed opinion, I can’t see how she would know whether it was true or not. Perhaps coming from a 72bhp SV race bike her perceptions are different?

And as you can read even Joe’s mistyped post about 70-80% better ability, rather that just call it b*llsh*t, I chose to point out what his error could have been, allowing him to correct or explain, but then that’s just me, I suppose.

And as for Ego, well being a timid person, I have to make grandiose claims on the forum, as I don’t say much when at the meets :lol:

OK, I’ve just spent at least 10 minutes writing this, I expect some good replies.

Cheers Mark.

Viney
17-05-05, 08:49 AM
Oh dear!

Itching 2 go
17-05-05, 09:52 AM

Mail servers down so got a few minute,

Yeah, got to say from a simple tyre pic or two, it’s generated some interesting comments.

Allow me to keep it going.:wink:

and me :lol:
OK, I’ve just spent at least 10 minutes writing this, I expect some good replies. I shall do my best but sarah aint in today to join in :lol:

What I can make out is,
Unless your tyre is worn like a track or race tyre, you’re a B*llsh*tter. (According to two contributors apparently)
Which as you maybe able to tell I don’t agree with, not quite what I am saying but ok I can understand how you got that from what I have typed road/work & commuting use is totally different to track use
agreed
even with spirited road riding thrown in it wouldn’t result in the type of wear Joe expects.(not many corners are like clearways/ Clark's in the real world).
I am not expecting to see the sort of wear from a road tyre that you get on a raced/tracked tyre, what I am suggesting is that if you are spinning it up out of corners you would not actually wear the centre of the tyre like you have, more off the centre. I would also suggest that you have possibly just put to many miles on this tyre and gone through the centre (this I am suggesting as you claim not to have done a burnout in 10yrs and could explain the majority of wear).
Apart from the fact that as I originally said, I only got 3 days riding on it after setting up the rear shock and made no claims of any lean angles, the terms I used was “spin the back up out of corners”.
agreed I was indeedy taking the micky out a ya :wink:
So a road tyre with a rear shock not setup for 5.5k of its 6.2k life should look like a track or race tyre?No Don’t think so, an even more if it did, I’d suggest the rider hadn’t taken observation as a primary concern over that time and was lucky to have not had some incident (read "rides like a nutter"). May I just say here that I have never seen a tyre used on the road that looked like it had been raced, the obvious exception being raced tryes out of official road races!The triumph isn’t like an SV and you can’t (well I can’t) just gun it out of corners full throttle it's got to much power for that :twisted: .well you could but you would probably highside it! :twisted:

Instead you have to roll on throttle through the apex and when the bike has a fairly straight line out and is mostly upright, only then can you gun it inducing power wheel spin having this happen while I have been riding like a 'nutter', I would suggest that whilst the bike was indeed more upright than knee down, I was still over and well off the centre of the tyre. Remember folks just because the TL1000s has 120bhp and had a reputation for a widdow maker It didn't make 120bhp all the way up the rev range, only at the top! there fore suggesting that I managed to spin the rear up somewhere around 80-90bhp in the wet and over on the exit of a roundabout!Much as I've had a full and enjoyable life, I'm not quite ready to end it yet, by using all the power directly from the apex :wink:

Having gone through 7-8 rears each year, none have worn the same as Joe suggests, Mark if I had seen any of your tyres being worn anything like you percieve me to have been suggesting I would offer you a little more respect, and question your statements less.(although I only managed a single track day on any set) perhaps I’m getting old and slow these days,
perhaps :wink:
however the lack of chicken strips on the last tyres (about 3mm each side) show that even I’m capable on a big heavy bike of getting significant lean angles.
Not believing the Triumph can wheel spin of the throttle alone, just shows they haven’t owned a 140bhp triumph before, so I can sort of understand that being unbelievable to them, true though it is (well Ok a bit of exaggeration
there, 138.9 bhp in truth) well you are right, I have never owned a triumph, and tbh haven't liked any of the ones they have produced todate probably wont buy one either. As for sarah does an R1 count as a fast enough and powerfull enough bike for her to base her arguments on? Just coz she races a 'slow' bike doesn't mean she cannot ride fast bikes fast!

I find it hard to believe that anyone knows what my Speedo indicated at full wack, as even I didn’t, not taking in to account svracer knowledge (or lack) of the modifications made to my bike, when you consider I don’t think I’ve ever been introduce or been on a ride out with her ? Apart from an uninformed opinion, I can’t see how she would know whether it was true or not. Perhaps coming from a 72bhp SV race bike her perceptions are different?I shall leave this one for sarah I think

And as you can read even Joe’s mistyped post about 70-80% better ability, rather that just call it b*llsh*t, I chose to point out what his error could have been, allowing him to correct or explain, but then that’s just me, I suppose.hey I did ask you to "clarify" as I was obviously having dificulties understanding what you were suggesting, so don't get all righteous and holier than thou on me!

And as for Ego, well being a timid person, I have to make grandiose claims on the forum, as I don’t say much when at the meets :lol:

Cheers Mark.maybe, maybe not. I am not gonna get into a slaging match with ya about you possibly exagerating everything you say and me being too young and inexperianced to know what I am talking about! I do know a fair amount as you do about riding and other things involved with bikes, perhaps as you are an old fart now :wink: you 'know' more than me? perhaps you being an old fart :wink: have forgotton things and are loosing your marbles :lol:

perhaps we should just say that we have different opinions on things, you claim to have caused that tyre wear in a way I cannot see being possible as the sole reason, (yes I did read the bit about it being 5.5k of its 6.2k before you started to 'play')and you believe as I havenot owened a triumph(does that bit matter) that put outs 140bhp(was that at the rear wheel?) wearing those particular tyres so have no knowledge of what is and is not possible.

so what do you say we call it at we are different people that have different thoughts and do things in different ways?!?

Itching 2 go
17-05-05, 10:31 AM
Ladies, ladies... :lol: :wink:where? I cant see any*looks around*

Itching 2 go
17-05-05, 10:32 AM
Oh dear!what?

rictus01
18-05-05, 02:25 AM
In at work at the moment, did look at this last night but didn't have time to answer it properly (all that quote stuff takes time), I've got about 20 minutes whilst the network probe gathers data, so here goes.

OK, I’ve just spent at least 10 minutes writing this, I expect some good replies. I shall do my best but sarah aint in today to join in :lol:

I’m sure she’ll be along shortly

What I can make out is,
Which as you maybe able to tell I don’t agree with, not quite what I am saying but ok I can understand how you got that from what I have typed

I smell a dirty doggy dodo!(bull**** scores more than doggy do)

Ok what does that mean then ?

]even with spirited road riding thrown in it wouldn’t result in the type of wear Joe expects.(not many corners are like clearways/ Clark's in the real world).
I am not expecting to see the sort of wear from a road tyre that you get on a raced/tracked tyre,

From your previous comments that’s less that clear.

I get better lean angles on my thundershat!

I would have expected higher wear at about 3/4 lean, the same as you get on race bikes

You have also seen the trye wear that occors when you exit clearways really fast spinning the rear, you get wear 3/4 or the way accross the tyre on the right hand side.

road/work & commuting use is totally different to track use
agreed

As I said previously, I don’t believe you can do that to a road tyre safely, apart from as you say Road racing, so we can agree on this point then I take it ?

you to have caused this wear by spinning the rear but not while cranked over

made no claims of any lean angles, the terms I used was “spin the back up out of corners”.

Instead you have to roll on throttle through the apex and when the bike has a fairly straight line out and is mostly upright, only then can you gun it inducing power wheel spin off the throttle and control it,

you were the only one mentioning “cranked over”

Having gone through 7-8 rears each year, none have worn the same as Joe suggests, Mark if I had seen any of your tyres being worn anything like you percieve me to have been suggesting I would offer you a little more respect, and question your statements less.

Joe if commanding your respect requires riding on public roads to that extent, I’ll pass thanks. O and feel free to question anything, but surely you don’t need me to tell you that.

there, 138.9 bhp in truth) well you are right, I have never owned a triumph,

I find it hard to believe that anyone knows what my Speedo indicated at full wack, as even I didn’t, not taking in to account svracer knowledge (or lack) of the modifications made to my bike, when you consider I don’t think I’ve ever been introduce or been on a ride out with her ? Apart from an uninformed opinion, I can’t see how she would know whether it was true or not. Perhaps coming from a 72bhp SV race bike her perceptions are different?I shall leave this one for sarah I think

As for sarah does an R1 count as a fast enough and powerfull enough bike for her to base her arguments on? Just coz she races a 'slow' bike

I’m reluctant to comment on things I don’t have all the facts on, but if drawn,

Surely she should know 170 is more that possible on the speedo, but doesn’t mean the road speed was what was indicated, and riding an R1 this should have been even more evident, unless of course the speedo has been calibrated to be more accurate than factory.

I had an indicated 140 on the SV speedo and with three gps’s they only indicated 131, and I know the error increases the faster the speedo reads.

And as you can read even Joe’s mistyped post about 70-80% better ability, rather that just call it b*llsh*t, I chose to point out what his error could have been, allowing him to correct or explain, but then that’s just me, I suppose.hey I did ask you to "clarify" as I was obviously having dificulties understanding what you were suggesting, so don't get all righteous and holier than thou on me.

Bad choice of words, I’m agnostic so “Holier” isn’t something I’m ever going to be, but I haven’t called anyone a b*llsh*er, so far.

Cheers Mark.maybe, maybe not. I am not gonna get into a slaging match with ya.

Seems you are already, but I’d call it lively debate.

I do know a fair amount as you do about riding

To be honest Joe I’ve only ever followed you when I’ve been on an SV650 and you on better handling and more powerful machinery , so am reluctant to comment.

perhaps I’m getting old and slow these days,

although on these occasions I pretty much matched your pace even on what was it you called the SV ? o Yeah a "slow bike". :wink:

perhaps as you are an old f*rt now :wink: you 'know' more than me?,

I was unaware I'd claimed more knowledge than you ? but thinking about it ??????

perhaps you being an old f*rt :wink: have forgotten things and are loosing your marbles :lol: ,

Could be true ? but fortunately I’ve still retained enough to carry on riding for a few more years yet.

you believe as I have not owened a triumph(does that bit matter)

I’m sure you noticed the difference in power characteristics between the V twin TL and the Thundercat IL4, would you claim them to be the same ?

Though not, well a triumph triple is something different to both ( and a modified one even more so), and judging by your responses perhaps being familiar with them would make my comments more understandable to you.

so what do you say we call it at we are different people that have different thoughts and do things in different ways?!?

If you insist, although I do enjoy this and reserve the right to reply to svracers comment, which she will no doubt add.

How's that, got to go, I'll try to re-visit this afternoon for rebuttal :lol:

Cheers Mark.

Itching 2 go
18-05-05, 08:30 AM
If I get a chance later to reply I shall but am busy this morning, I too enjoy all this banter and debate :lol:

SV650Racer
18-05-05, 08:32 AM
Here fishy fishy...you can remove the hook now :lol:

Strange how people have to justify their existance isnt it.

I certainly do understand how bikes can wheelspin having ridden everything from the latest GSXR1000 to a powerbike. Even the SV will slide if provoked enough...jeez come to think of that so would a CG125 :lol:

Just find it hilarious that you have felt the need to post pictures of it and then when people have read between the lines you then state the 170 wasnt in fact 170 (you knew this before you typed it but hoped that someone would believe you!). and it was also made out that you were spining it up out of corners ala Rossi style.

I think myself and Joe know the only reason big themselves up like this is generally because they either would love to do what they have said or are lacking somewhat in the self worth plain of things.

Do you see me posting pictures of my rear tyre after every race..here boys look at my tacky rubber...or pictures of me with my knee down everywhere??..no because i know i can so wouldnt care whether anyone else thought i could or not. But then thats the difference between racers and certain road riders...ever see BSB riders biggin themselves up!!!

rictus01
18-05-05, 05:57 PM

having ridden everything from the latest GSXR1000 to a powerbike. .

you have to learn from the master.

Joe does impress me as he does an excellent job and is a great person, down to earth and doesnt need to post anything like what you have to up his ego.

Neither do i.

[sarah is faster than about 70-80% of the riders in her class.

But then thats the difference between racers and certain road riders

pictures of me with my knee down everywhere??..no because i know i can .

She is fast, faster than 95% of road riders.

Yeah, have to agree with you there, even funnier when they mutually do it.

Just find it hilarious that you have felt the need to post pictures of it

No need, but when asked I try to oblige.

you then state the 170 wasnt in fact 170 (you knew this before you typed it but hoped that someone would believe you!).

As the original conversation about this wasn’t on the board, and you weren’t there you’re forgiven for not knowing it was about what the speedo showed ( although I would have though that obvious but perhaps not to you) and always was.

So the 170 talked about in the conversation was true, not matter how you twist it.
Both myself and Sid Squid then went on to discuss how far out the speedo was, as in a translation to road speed, but you would know that, O no wait you weren’t there!

I think myself and Joe know the only reason big themselves up like this is generally because they either would love to do what they have said or are lacking somewhat in the self worth plain of things.

Refer you to the top of this post, if you say so?

Do you see me posting pictures of my rear tyre after every race

I don’t know if anyone asked you to, but if they did, then it would be rude not to.

ah BTW why not come out for a ride wednesday evening and show us how ya do it??? :lol:

not up for a ride then? :lol:

Cheers Mark.

I’ll be at the scrambler café at the airport at about 7.40, you coming ????????

Cheers Mark

Spiderman
19-05-05, 08:54 PM
I?ll be at the scrambler café at the airport at about 7.40, you coming ????????

Cheers Mark

Did you guys go? Was the weather any good for a ride?

rictus01
19-05-05, 09:54 PM

Cheers Mark

Yeah sure did, good night as normal.

Although no one turned up at the airport for the ride down :roll:

I think I might have a clue though,

As for sarah does an R1 count as a fast enough

"This evening and tonight
Staying cloudy overnight with further possibility of scattered showers. Mild but breezy still. Minimum temperature 11 deg C "

Joe didn't show either, perhaps he went skating :?:

BillyC
20-05-05, 01:41 PM

Staying cloudy overnight with further possibility of scattered showers. Mild but breezy still. Minimum temperature 11 deg C "

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry, I'm only just catching up with this thread, but found this comment particularly amusing!

My view is simply this - There was a rather amusing picture of a torn up Z6, with an explanation of how and why it was caused. I'm not surprised, nor do I particularly care that it was Rictus that was responsible for it.

What I am interested in, is the durability of the popular Z6 tyre, and the fact that this, potentially, could happen to any of us.

Thank you for listening. :takeabow:

rictus01
20-05-05, 02:06 PM
I'm sorry, I'm only just catching up with this thread, but found this comment particularly amusing!

My view is simply this - There was a rather amusing picture of a torn up Z6, with an explanation of how and why it was caused. I'm not surprised, nor do I particularly care that it was Rictus that was responsible for it.

What I am interested in, is the durability of the popular Z6 tyre, and the fact that this, potentially, could happen to any of us.

Thank you for listening. :takeabow:

to be Honest Bill, the other two Z6's I had on the SV didn't go as dramatically or fast as this, I'd say it's down to the power & weight of the triumph as much as the exuberant riding.

Cheers Mark.

Viney
20-05-05, 02:54 PM

Cheers Mark

Yeah sure did, good night as normal.

Although no one turned up at the airport for the ride down :roll:

Joe didn't show either, perhaps he went skating :?:

Classic mark, well done :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ceri JC
20-05-05, 03:49 PM
I too was riding on mesh for a bit due to 'end of month poverty' :oops:
I ended up garaging the bike and using the car for a a week or so- I was bricking it every time I was out, expecting a blowout at any second. :shock:

A mate I showed it to says on his first car years ago, he regularly got to that state. Once he even managed to fray the mesh so it looked like cut cable! Risky business, neither big nor clever... [-X :D

amarko5
20-05-05, 11:02 PM
Played around with the rear suspension in the week and just about got it sorted :) , however the downside, I'm now able to spin the back up out of corners under total control, three days of fun resulted in this.

http://www.bureaunet.com/FTP/Rictus/before.jpg

After a very cautious ride to the tyres place,

http://www.bureaunet.com/FTP/Rictus/after.jpg

Now that's better, what about some rolling burnouts :twisted:

(It's not big and It's not clever, but boy is it fun :twisted: )

Cheers Mark.

How about spending a few mins to sweep the path :?: pah typical of the youth of today :wink:

:oops: forgot your an old fart :P I take back previous comment , "send the bob a job boys round to help this old man out :P :P :lol: :lol:

this was a fun read Mark, Jo and sarah keep up the good work :wink:

lynw
23-05-05, 12:56 AM

wonder how that comment would go down on your deleted visordown thread.... irony is a wonderful thing isnt it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

[and yes I did read it before all the edits you asked people to do were made... :? ]

nice one rictus... see you got your tyre to look like mine... but boringly mine were all motorway miles... nowhere near the fun yours took to get there :lol: :lol: :lol:

jamieclayton9
23-05-05, 07:25 AM
good fun but heavy on the pocket