PDA

View Full Version : tents

hall13uk
23-05-05, 09:04 AM
just a quick post to say anyone with access to makros will be intrested to know all there camping equiment is on offer.
a 3 man tent £20.00
camping stove £12.00
etc..... hth

shutdown
23-05-05, 09:17 AM
and tescos

just got a 3 man tent for £20, I was going to get the £10 two man tent but I don't want to be that close to scoobs :)

hall13uk
23-05-05, 09:19 AM
and tescos

just got a 3 man tent for £20, I was going to get the £10 two man tent but I don't want to be that close to scoobs :)

going for the larger tent was a good choice i can see why u would not want to be to close to scoobs. :lol:

Viney
23-05-05, 09:50 AM
Camping stove :shock:

mysteryjimbo
23-05-05, 09:54 AM

Disposable barbie 8) 8)

hall13uk
23-05-05, 10:38 AM
Disposable barbie 8) 8)

yes i agree.

diamond
23-05-05, 10:39 AM

Disposable barbie 8) 8)

Good call :lol:

Jdubya
23-05-05, 10:43 AM
Bloody hell! I have'nt given any thought to stoves or cups or anything like that? What are others doing? I was thinking of perhaps just doing the liitle chef/McD's thing because my luggage space is limited to a tailpack and rucksack?

diamond
23-05-05, 10:49 AM
I usaually only eats crisps and chocolate any way. :D
and i find several packets and bars can be neatly stowed in the average jackets many pockets. I'm sorted.

hall13uk
23-05-05, 10:51 AM
Bloody hell! I have'nt given any thought to stoves or cups or anything like that? What are others doing? I was thinking of perhaps just doing the liitle chef/McD's thing because my luggage space is limited to a tailpack and rucksack?
i think most will eat there i would if i could make the trip

Jdubya
23-05-05, 10:51 AM
I usaually only eats crisps and chocolate any way. :D
and i find several packets and bars can be neatly stowed in the average jackets many pockets. I'm sorted.

Dunno bout that...I need a fair bit more than just crisps and choccies :wink: 8)

diamond
23-05-05, 10:54 AM
Jaffa cakes, and dried mango will also be finding a space in my jacket :lol:

hall13uk
23-05-05, 10:55 AM
oooo dried mango yum
now i really wish i could make the trip

diamond
23-05-05, 10:56 AM
oooo dried mango yum

No chance of a flying visit from you then?

hall13uk
23-05-05, 11:02 AM
oooo dried mango yum

u know i really wish i could but i dont think i will find a suitable babysitter in time. :(
& you have dried mango :( & jaffa cakes :( god i am gutted.

diamond
23-05-05, 11:03 AM
oooo dried mango yum

u know i really wish i could but i dont think i will find a suitable babysitter in time. :(
& you have dried mango :( & jaffa cakes :( god i am gutted.

If you can find some one there's always a jaffa cake and a slice of my dried mango with your name on it. :wink:

hall13uk
23-05-05, 11:04 AM
yum thanks ed :D

Viney
23-05-05, 11:08 AM

Last year i found a pretty good site that had a shop, so thinks like cans of drink etc where on tap. In the evening, well one of them we rode into Busxton and had 'pub grub' then back to the local pub (carridges, very odd place!!) until closing.

If you are one of these, 'cant start the day without coffe' people, then you may need a small stove etc.

Me, can of coke and a mars bar does me.

Jdubya
23-05-05, 11:19 AM

Last year i found a pretty good site that had a shop, so thinks like cans of drink etc where on tap. In the evening, well one of them we rode into Busxton and had 'pub grub' then back to the local pub (carridges, very odd place!!) until closing.

If you are one of these, 'cant start the day without coffe' people, then you may need a small stove etc.

Me, can of coke and a mars bar does me.

That sounds like what I was going to do...I find it too much of a schlep to still carry stoves and crap for an overnighter... :idea:

Tara
23-05-05, 11:51 AM
Last year we took a stove and didn't use it!!

Hey Viney that pub was bizzarre

Quiff Wichard
23-05-05, 01:07 PM
last year was buxton/matlock as it? dam thats near me !!

shud I do last years this year?

Viney
23-05-05, 01:14 PM
Hey Viney that pub was bizzarre

It was that. It was like something out the leauge of gentleman, or something equally odd!!

Tara
23-05-05, 04:26 PM
Good night that tho. didn't we deicde the bar men were busted?

Stig
23-05-05, 06:57 PM

Well I'll be holding a pint glass with beer in it, whilst eating a pub dinner. :wink: :wink:

Tara
23-05-05, 08:20 PM

Well I'll be holding a pint glass with beer in it, whilst eating a pub dinner. :wink: :wink:

Exactly! :lol:

timwilky
23-05-05, 08:42 PM

Exactly! :lol:
My plan as well. Tail pack to contain change of clothing. Wash kit. Nought else except emergency rations (Chocolate and half bottle of pain relief)

K
23-05-05, 09:01 PM
Hmmm, reading this I've just realised I've got five tents in my house... and only one of them isn't mine! :roll: I blame too many years of camping where my need for comfort has advanced with my years. Therefore the tents have got bigger.:lol:

To be honest, out of all of them there's only one I'd actually want strapped to the back of my bike and that's the one I specifically bought for my jaunt to Scotland next month. OK, it was expensive (£130) but it's like, squeeny! :P
A substantial one man tent, with porch for luggage storage, and yet it packs up smaller than my 'compact' sleeping bag does! :shock:
I've kind of regressed back to my early years of roughing it.

One tip for those of you are coffeeholics, take a small thermos flask with you. At some point on your trip, when you stop off for a Little Chef or McD - buy a couple of extra coffees and put them in the flask. That way you'll have one ready when you finished putting up your tent.

Either that, if you do want to take some form of stove for boiling water (good for those 'spaceman' style meals inna bag) pop down your local army surplus store and get a solid fuel stove. It's about the size of a large packet of cigarettes and should contain enough fuel blocks for an overnighter. That and a tin cup will fit inside a small saucepan = all you need. :wink:

Stig
23-05-05, 09:04 PM
Maybe this will be a good time to remind everyone that camp fires are not allowed in this camp site :roll: :roll:

Viney
23-05-05, 09:07 PM
Good night that tho. didn't we deicde the bar men were busted?Something like that yes.

Oh the fun!