PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever punched someone properly?

thor
26-05-05, 09:18 AM
In a "I really want this to hurt!" kind of way?

Ceri JC
26-05-05, 09:21 AM
Only in a 'fight' situation, or in martial arts. Never an 'in anger' response to someone being a bit lippy or irritating.

watfordSVandal
26-05-05, 09:21 AM
Ran pubs for 8 yrs... always good fun! List of injuries from 2 particular establishments... I now avoid fights wherever possible! #-o

Anonymous
26-05-05, 09:23 AM
As opposed to 'improperly' :?

Morti
26-05-05, 09:23 AM
I punched my elder brother once when i was about 8 - he was annoying me by telling me to punch him on the chin - i didn't want to but in the end i did, and i gave him a nice nose-bleed :lol: served him right!!!!

thor
26-05-05, 09:36 AM
Yes, several times.

In the same sitting? Did it hurt? Do you get better at it?

Ceri JC
26-05-05, 09:38 AM
I punched my elder brother once when i was about 8 - he was annoying me by telling me to punch him on the chin - i didn't want to but in the end i did, and i gave him a nice nose-bleed :lol: served him right!!!!

I used to do Kung-Fu with a couple of beat coppers and they always used to insist you should try to hit them properly in training, so that they'd learn to block properly. I was sparring with one of them and he was catching most of my 'normal' punches, but didn't want to really try and hurt him, but he kept on saying, 'come on, harder, like you mean it' It annoyed me so much I really put some force and speed into it and one-twoed him before he could say stop :oops:

He was bent over over holding the side of his face and I started apologising and he was saying, 'no that's good, you caught me off guard there...' :D

Anonymous
26-05-05, 09:40 AM
I used to do Kung-Fu

I always prefer Fu-King, myself.

keithd
26-05-05, 09:40 AM
had a few bundles in my yoof

Ceri JC
26-05-05, 09:42 AM
I used to do Kung-Fu

I always prefer Fu-King, myself.

When you're outnumbered 3:1 in a dark alley, the former comes in handy. The other one isn't that much use unless you're a 'professional' :wink:

OF.uk
26-05-05, 09:49 AM
Yes.

hall13uk
26-05-05, 09:53 AM
only once cos he namecalled my brother (i was about 15) i got sent home :( then my mum said well done son :)

fizzwheel
26-05-05, 09:58 AM
Yes, after being severly provoked by a bully when I was at school, I knocked him out and it hurt my hand.

hall13uk
26-05-05, 10:00 AM
Yes, after being severly provoked by a bully when I was at school, I knocked him out and it hurt my hand. note to self never NEVER provoke fizz :shock:

Grinch
26-05-05, 10:01 AM
Nope.. I'm a nice person and have never had a need to hit anyone.. I've got angry before and really wanted to but seconds later I've calmed down and didn't care... I fizzle out rather quick.
I have done a lot of 'Squashing your head' though... :D

Anonymous
26-05-05, 10:01 AM
Yes.

Yeah, says you you big girl http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/fitz.gif

fizzwheel
26-05-05, 10:03 AM
Yes, after being severly provoked by a bully when I was at school, I knocked him out and it hurt my hand. note to self never NEVER provoke fizz :shock:

It was a long time ago and it was the only time I have really hit anybody and really wanted to hurt them, He had been tormenting me for two weeks and I just lost my temper completely

hall13uk
26-05-05, 10:03 AM
* runs for cover*

*peeks out from behind friend*

OF.uk
26-05-05, 10:04 AM
Yes.

Yeah, says you you big girl http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/fitz.gif
Becareful, there's an annual rideout coming up 8)

:wink: :lol: :lol:

hall13uk
26-05-05, 10:05 AM

It was a long time ago and it was the only time I have really hit anybody and really wanted to hurt them, He had been tormenting me for two weeks and I just lost my temper completely
i know what u mean thats what made me hit the kid who was calling my brother names for weeks i just snapped

OF.uk
26-05-05, 10:06 AM
Spent several months working hard on self-control so I don't get as wound up these days. Going to be working in child care so can't afford to let situations get to me. Don't even have road rage these days, well, I do, but I don't show it outwardly the same :lol: :lol:

Nutkins
26-05-05, 10:11 AM
Last time was when I was 13 years old. Left hook to this kid's mouth. Still have the scar on the back of my hand (caught his braced teeth).

I'm happy to say, that's the last time I ever hit anyone in anger. Had some good sparring sessions through my late teens/early twenties, but I guess they don't count.

Smiffy
26-05-05, 10:14 AM
Been in 2 proper fights in my entire life. One where I was drunk and the other guy was sober, and one where I was sober and the other guy was drunk. One went much better than the other!

fizzwheel
26-05-05, 10:16 AM

i know what u mean thats what made me hit the kid who was calling my brother names for weeks i just snapped

I try not to know I have a pretty good grip on my temper, there was somebody who annoyed the **** out of me a few months back that really would me up and I nearly went for them, but somebody else got in between us and told me very gently and calmly to leave it, I'm glad they did intervene.

richwill68
26-05-05, 10:48 AM
Yup! Only twice mind...honest! :wink: Don't lose my temper anymore 'cos I'm all growed up now. Doesn't stop you wanting to hit people though, huh?

Ping
26-05-05, 10:52 AM
Yup.

About 9 years ago after a day trip to the seaside on our work's annual 'take us all to the seaside to get us bladdered'... We'd been there, come back and were all in our local pub.

We were standing at the bar - my mate Amanda and one of our collegues, a well built bloke about 6'4 - and he started to pat my backside. I told him in all seriousness to stop or I wouldn't be held responsible for what I did to him.

He laughed and carried on.

Unfortunately I had a bottle of nukie brown in my right hand so he got a left uppercut instead of a right. Apparently his knees wobbled. :lol: My friend whisked him away after that in the hopes that he didn't retaliate.

:lol:
Needless to say he was very apologetic the next day.

Ah, the good old days. :lol:

p.s.: no point going into all the kids i battered when i was little... :lol:

Iansv
26-05-05, 10:53 AM
Note to self....

Don't ever try it on with claire..... :lol:

26-05-05, 11:01 AM
in the 80's at football matches many times.

Halonic
26-05-05, 11:02 AM

You're not from Shetland are you?

Edit: Or Glasgow?

Ping
26-05-05, 11:04 AM

You're not from Shetland are you?

Edit: Or Glasgow?
Er... No?

Canada, eh... :lol:

Edit: Well, a kid in Canada and a grown up in London... :P

Halonic
26-05-05, 11:10 AM
Er... No?

Canada, eh... :lol:

Ahhhhhhh all is revealed, the only other place on the planet (Shetland, Glasgow & Ireland excepted) that make women quite *that* hard

mysteryjimbo
26-05-05, 11:25 AM
It was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away and it was the only time I have really hit anybody and really wanted to hurt them, He had been tormenting me for two weeks and I just lost my temper completely

My answer is yes, a few times whilst sparring

lynw
26-05-05, 11:42 AM
yes at school....

was sitting in a classroom on first floor waiting for teacher to arrive. A mate was hanging another guys coat out the window cos he didnt like him... I walked over and the guy dropped the coat as the other student came in into a wet muddy puddle below. The student who came in thought it was me so gave me a chinese burn for it....

I blew... I started having a go then I punched him in the face square on. They dragged him out the room and then me, guy went for me again so I smacked him again.

Dont recall it hurting. But since then I had an education from one of my exes.... 38 special he called it.... 19 2p pieces sellotaped together and put behind knuckles tends to stop you risking breaking your fingers if your punch doesnt land correctly. He also taught me how to smack someone with a crash helmet if Im ever in big trouble and need to do it..... :D

Anonymous
26-05-05, 11:44 AM
I blew...

:shock:

yes, but have you punched anyone :lol: ......................sorry :oops:

Cronos
26-05-05, 11:49 AM
Ahhhhhhh all is revealed, the only other place on the planet (Shetland, Glasgow & Ireland excepted) that make women quite *that* hard

You've obviously never been to Prestonpans, where they eat their own children! :shock: 8-[ :help:

lynw
26-05-05, 11:54 AM
I blew...

:shock:

yes, but have you punched anyone :lol: ......................sorry :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry someone once likened my temper to a volcano.... it has a few minor eruptions but you keep pushing me I explode big time.... good job most of the time Im pretty easy going :oops: :D :D

Clunk
26-05-05, 11:54 AM
I've never really punched someone, but when a complete stranger came up to me and headbutted me I kicked him in the nuts as I was lying on the floor. He then ran ( limped) away.

No idea why he attacked me. :?

Anonymous
26-05-05, 11:56 AM

Probably someone from on here, I'd imagine :wink: :lol:

shutdown
26-05-05, 12:01 PM
no, i'm a right wimp, don't like pain and not afraid to admit it

Clunk
26-05-05, 12:02 PM

Probably someone from on here, I'd imagine :wink: :lol:

Don't think so.............it was 20 years ago :lol:

Moriarty
26-05-05, 12:04 PM
Yes. In training, competition and twice, regrettably, on the street.

I might add that while I know very well how to punch, I have been hit a lot harder in training than I'd ever be able to accomplish myself. I can well remember being caught with a sweet reverse punch to the plexus and flying for a full 6 feet through the air on one occasion while my instructor used me as a warm up to his National squad meet.

JakeRS
26-05-05, 12:30 PM
no, never. im a calm, totally non violent person...

Anonymous
26-05-05, 12:32 PM
no point going into all the kids i battered when i was little... :lol:

Wow! Flash chippie YOU worked in.....only fish, sausages or Mars bars in mine. Still, that's the Colonies for you.....

Shinsei Jutsu
26-05-05, 01:04 PM
yes. Not proud of it, and is one of the reason I stopped drinking.

and yes again but that was protecting myself from being mugged. To say punched might be wrong, but broke an arm and severly damaged the one of the other blokes balls. (the third ran)

I try to avoid it if possible.

Ping
26-05-05, 01:39 PM
no point going into all the kids i battered when i was little... :lol:

Wow! Flash chippie YOU worked in.....only fish, sausages or Mars bars in mine. Still, that's the Colonies for you.....
Yeah well, that's life out in the colonies... None of us kids WANTED to work but I got pushed into the chippy business.. Slave labour. Any kids who refused to work ended up in the deepfryer and served up with chips in newspaper...

.. The REALLY lazy kids got pickled alive with the eggs and gurkins.

diamond
26-05-05, 01:42 PM
Lookin at the stats so far we're a violent bunch :shock:

Don't mess with the sv posse :evil:

Allie
26-05-05, 01:46 PM
Yeah well, that's life out in the colonies... None of us kids WANTED to work but I got pushed into the chippy business.. Slave labour. Any kids who refused to work ended up in the deepfryer and served up with chips in newspaper...

.. The REALLY lazy kids got pickled alive with the eggs and gurkins.:lol:

I'm scared! 8-[

thor
26-05-05, 01:49 PM
Too right! 5 people picked the decapitation option! :shock:

Jabba
26-05-05, 01:54 PM
No.

hall13uk
26-05-05, 01:59 PM
Too right! 5 people picked the decapitation option! :shock:
* raises hand*

Nekkid
26-05-05, 02:00 PM
Spent a few months in Coventry and went to the pub once or twice so, errr, yes. Once or twice!!

Anonymous
26-05-05, 03:05 PM
Any kids who refused to work ended up in the deepfryer and served up with chips in newspaper...

The REALLY lazy kids got pickled alive with the eggs and gurkins.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...but as I said Ping, Flash. It was so poor in my town, we had to serve the chips up in customer's shoes. In fact, they still do where Captain Nemo lives.....people with newspapers there are regarded as spies - and get punched REALLY hard (which might get this thread back on track!!)

Anonymous
26-05-05, 03:07 PM
people with newspapers there are regarded as spies

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BURNER
26-05-05, 04:29 PM
NO, but I really hurt someone's feelings once.