PDA

View Full Version : Shark RSX

tricky
03-06-05, 12:58 PM
I've had one for about two months now and I am very happy.
Well made
Really comfortable
Vents work really well
Can't mist the visor up even if I try

Highly reccomended

tricky
19-07-06, 12:52 PM
Long term update.

Had this helmet for 15 or 16 months (Approx 7000 Miles)

Fit - Helmet still fits well although has started to feel a wee bit loose round the cheeks of late.

Finish - Very very careful with my helmet although has picked a few little scratches here and there. There are some chips in the paint above the visor that have been caused by repeated insect impacts.

Visor Mech - Starting to be problematic. Visor securing levers (see picture) work loose with repeated open/closing and need to be checked very often, no amount of adjustment seems to rectify the problem. Have even had the visor come off the helmet on one side at speed.

http://upload4.postimage.org/644455/rsx.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/644455/photo_hosting.html)

Probably wouldn't reccomend as highly as my original review.
Arai and Shoei are better for the same money.

Stu
19-07-06, 12:58 PM
Great to get an update.

What is the life you can expect from a helmet?

CheekyLemon
17-08-06, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I have a Shark Easy helmet on order. Was cheap and cheerful for my first helmet.

tricky
08-01-07, 12:11 PM
Fit - Helmet still fits well although has started to feel a wee bit loose round the cheeks of late.

Started wearing this again as my regular helmet and fit is great. The cheek pads in the AGV (which where very tight to start with) started to feel sloppy after two months

Finish - Very very careful with my helmet although has picked a few little scratches here and there. There are some chips in the paint above the visor that have been caused by repeated insect impacts.

Finish is far superior to the AGV, plus one of the Titanium bits fell off the AGV after two months

Visor Mech - Starting to be problematic. Visor securing levers (see picture) work loose with repeated open/closing and need to be checked very often, no amount of adjustment seems to rectify the problem. Have even had the visor come off the helmet on one side at speed.

replaced the visor hinges at the expense of about £10, now great. Fit of the visor on the AGV was ****e, couldn't get the visor to form a watertight seal on the AGV regardless of hous of adjustment. Plus anything else seems flimsy after the 3mm thick visor on the Shark.

Probably wouldn't reccomend as highly as my original review.
Arai and Shoei are better for the same money.

No, I'm going to disagree with myself on this, after trying on every full face helmet in existence, I have opted for anoth Shark RSX

Having done a lot off helmet research in the past weeks I would like to ammend what I have said above (see comments in red) . I had an AGV TiTech for three months (before I knackered it) and IMHO on reflection I think the Shark is by far the better helmet.

Fearg
08-01-07, 05:11 PM
I have had a Shark RSX for about 3 months now and so far I am very pleased with it. paint chips above the visor are a problem for me also. Haven't had any other problems so far. Tried several other helmets on at the time and it was a close run thing between the Shark and an Arai. So its interesting to hear you have gone for another RSX. I wonder if I will be doing the same in a year or too :D