PDA

View Full Version : A day out at Burford 5/6/05 SV Ride out

wheelnut
05-06-05, 07:58 PM
Thanks to the small amount of green tights on show, I had a brilliant day out, Im sorry to hear Mystery Jimbo had a puncture on the way home after leaving our posse :cry:

At least our ride down and back was dry, Next year I want to ride in the smokers group, 2 hour 20 minutes without a fag hurts :D

Thanks to Matty, Keith, Pete and Jimbob for making up the numbers, We kidnapped Bob and his bird on the way down, on the way home we ended up with a yellow SV in our group, Sorry, didnt get a name.

And I would like to say sorry for holding everyone up on the the way there and back.

Im happy anyway :D

Well Oiled
05-06-05, 09:07 PM
As this was my first time meeting you lot I have to say you're all grand chaps and it was a pleasure being with you. Hope to see you all soon.

330 odd miles altogether. Just got out of a hot bath and feel tired, relaxed (the latter aided by a couple of pints) and very happy. The only downer is that it's back to work tomorrow after a week off.

By the way I think it was Shutdown from Alfreton on the yellow SV.

Now, what about a local meet like you said doesn't happen often enough these days?

Cheers and many thanks to all. Keith

derbybiker
05-06-05, 10:27 PM
and a good day was had by all :lol:

my bum hurts (from sitting in that seat for 352 miles :shock: )

thanks for being leader Malc, and I enjoyed the rides there and back, and the pace was fine by me.

mysteryjimbo
06-06-05, 07:03 AM
and a good day was had by all :lol:

my bum hurts (from sitting in that seat for 352 miles :shock: )

thanks for being leader Malc, and I enjoyed the rides there and back, and the pace was fine by me.

Even though you were towards the back after a while..... :lol: Pace was great, not too fast for seeing as i didnt know where i was going or where the corners were.

Yep, great day out and a great ride out! Who caught some two wheel air on the humpbacks?

I was sore from the long ride but i think it was a combination of the camping too. 280ish miles for me plus the other 300 i'd done over the previous 2 days.

Well Oiled
06-06-05, 11:21 AM
And I would like to say sorry for holding everyone up on the the way there and back.

I think you'll find that that was my job.

First time I'd done a big rideout like this, and only had the SV since easter, so I was a little apprehensive.

Still, having broken my tibia/fibia in a football match 5 years ago (not nice to look down and see your leg bent at 45 degrees half way down your shin) I figure a bit of caution's better than ...

:crutches:

Cheers Keith

mattyL
06-06-05, 02:05 PM
I had a brilliant time too lads. I reckon the pace on the way back was just right actually, better than the 50mph or so we had to endure on the main rideout, that was painful 8) . I ended up looking forward to overtaking caravans just so I could get out of 2nd gear. We should definitely all get together for a proper razz around soon, I'm actually going for a ride with my mate on his blade tomorrow afternoon (tuesday) if anyone fancies it. I'm off work friday too if anyone fancies a ride then maybe? Let me know if u fancy coming along, should have nice empty roads to play on and its supposed to be sunny, probably pay a visit to our local knee-down roundabout too :D . See you all soon hopefully

shutdown
06-06-05, 05:04 PM
Good ride back, only reason I wanted to get on M1 was I needed a break from constant gear changing :lol:

Maybe an MFN night or Matlock for some chips would be good to get the MIGTS/Green tights brigade going.

will have to be in about 6 months when I get feelings back in legs, wrists and ar$e :lol: :lol:

Well Oiled
06-06-05, 05:42 PM
Good ride back, only reason I wanted to get on M1 was I needed a break from constant gear changing :lol:

Maybe an MFN night or Matlock for some chips would be good to get the MIGTS/Green tights brigade going.

will have to be in about 6 months when I get feelings back in legs, wrists and ar$e :lol: :lol:

Mmmmm....Chips......

Either works for me, but I travel a lot with work so will have to find a good date. Midweek week after next is good (say Weds 22nd). Backside should be back to normal by then.

Cheers Keith

Well Oiled
06-06-05, 08:14 PM
Im sorry to hear Mystery Jimbo had a puncture on the way home after leaving our posse :cry:

Just read the mega-thread on the rideout. Looks like Jimbo wasn't the only one from the campsite who got a small *****.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

derbybiker
06-06-05, 10:18 PM
Even though you were towards the back after a while..... :lol:

Aye that's where I like to be - let all the nutters on the gixxers and kwakers find the speed cameras for me :lol:

Seriously I'm quite happy playing the tail gunner so if nobody else want's to do it on the ride out's then you have a volunteer here

Quiff Wichard
07-06-05, 12:00 AM
hey if you girls come over Matlock way let me know I can meet u there and take some incriminating photos !!

mysteryjimbo
07-06-05, 07:16 AM
Im sorry to hear Mystery Jimbo had a puncture on the way home after leaving our posse :cry:

Just read the mega-thread on the rideout. Looks like Jimbo wasn't the only one from the campsite who got a small pr*ck.

Excuse me?? :lol: I got a rather large pr*ck

Well Oiled
07-06-05, 11:40 AM

Just read the mega-thread on the rideout. Looks like Jimbo wasn't the only one from the campsite who got a small pr*ck.

Excuse me?? :lol: I got a rather large pr*ck

I heard that you pumped it up good and hard 20 miles from home, but by the time you got back it had gone soft again.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Admin2
07-06-05, 01:17 PM
Keep it clean lads, keep it clean.

mysteryjimbo
07-06-05, 01:25 PM

Yes sir! We was only talking about my puncture....... :oops:

Well Oiled
07-06-05, 10:03 PM

Suppose I should make make my entendres a bit more double.

Quiff Wichard
08-06-05, 10:30 PM
how does greg notice em??

he read every post!?????

or has a rude word flag up system on his pc?