PDA

View Full Version : Bits Wanted

yvo6
06-06-05, 09:20 AM
Hi all

Has anyone got a RHS wing mirror. The lens in intact but it has been sheared off just above the bracket mounting. :cry: Probably have to buy the complete mirror, but just incase anyone has one knocking about in the garage.

sigh

Such is Life

Sharpy
06-06-05, 06:04 PM
what happened yvo, you drop it or clip it somewhere?

I dont have anything spare layin about from the sv but i do think ive a haynes service manual layin around somewhere which ill gladly give ya if i can find it.

H62
06-06-05, 06:36 PM
hi yvo sorry i don't have any bits but hope you get sorted soon.
not sure but i thing suzuki only sell mirrors as a pair.

yvo6
06-06-05, 08:02 PM
what happened yvo, you drop it or clip it somewhere?

I was down at Kirkistown yesterday doin a Track Day. It was great - lurve it. Just got it a bit wrong coming out of the hairpin - too much gas a bit too soon and the back skidded out and she dropped in the middle of the hairpin. :oops:

It was when she got onto the grass that some of the damage was done - Dug in a bit.

The mirrors were folded back, but it sheared off just out from the mounting bracket. Tonight i took off the upper and lower fairing and the mirror. I might be able to get the mirror welded back onto the shank. The lens is ok.

But a really good day anyway - despite the wee 'off' Really need a track bike that it wont matter if it gets dog rough. Looking for a cheap Kwak 400. :D

Daz
06-06-05, 08:29 PM
... sorry to hear that :(

As long as you are ok... bikes are easier to fix.

There are 2 types of biker: Those who have dropped their bike and those who are going to drop their bike 8-[

You are a propper biker now :thumbsup: like me :oops:

yvo6
06-06-05, 08:49 PM
Yea it was a good day. The next session was better - nothing to loose the bike was trashed anyway.

Here is a link to the website pics - this was an early session - so still takin is handy.

http://www.motofoto.net/?page=image&action=info&imageID=2685&categoryID=10#showImage