PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire Council

wheelnut
06-06-05, 08:33 PM
Derbyshire Council are trying to kill me again, they did it last year.

These sadists have sprayed the roads with wet tar and then sprinkled marbles on it. They are trying to negate responsibility by puting up temporary 10mph speed limits everywhere.

Go steady around South Derbyshire, especially around Ticknall and Swarkestone

Well Oiled
07-06-05, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Malc.

Sometimes go down past the Crew & Harpur rather than the boring ring road so I'll watch out for it.

Keith :thumbsup:

derbybiker
07-06-05, 04:56 PM
there's a patch on the Willington to Swarkestone road just as you approach the junction where the Crewe & Harpur is - found it this morning :shock:

Moo
08-06-05, 10:09 AM
Has anyone else around Derby noticed that the councils road sweepers seam to be non existent loads of road marbles on most round abouts, three I can think of now are the bonnie prince island off the A50, the Red Lion mini round about in Chellaston and the blue peter in Alvaston.

wheelnut
08-06-05, 11:23 AM
Yes, I have noticed a lack of them. I went down into Borrowash yesterday and they have gravelled the road between Shardlow Road and the bridge with the traffic lights on, the new pea gravel must be 2'' deep in places.

blacksheep
10-06-05, 08:51 PM
What do you expect? Derbyshire for F*cks sake, move to somewhere decent............. :D

wheelnut
10-06-05, 09:13 PM
:D I moved from somewhere decent to Derbyshire,

Eyup sithey ma duck :P

muddycoffee
14-08-05, 08:14 AM
What do you expect? Derbyshire for F*cks sake, move to somewhere decent............. :D
Don't move to sheffield, I ride in derbyshire because the roads are smooth, compared to here. Almost every single road in sheffield has a massive flaw or pothole.

Years ago many of the roads around chesterfield had a reddish hue, because they used [so I'm told] colite or some residue from the colite manufacturing process in the tarmac. This was ok in the dry but too slippy in the wet. I spun my car once at low speed in the wet at staveley, looks like they have proper surfaces now again...