PDA

View Full Version : Annual Rideout 2005 report.

Daz
07-06-05, 05:55 PM
I had a great time :lol: ... but it really was far, far away 8-[

I could write pages on it, but will try and keep it brief.

Only decided to go on Thursday night. The weather forcast was very changable and I'm a big girls blouse, after crashing a bike in the wet :oops: A friend in Milton Keynes kindly agreed to let me stay for the weekend. Her house was 410 miles away from me and 55 miles from Burford, where the rideout started.

The motorways were tough. One non-stop run on the M6 lasted for 170 miles and nearly 3 hours. When I got of the bike I was frozen in the Crazy Frog position :lol: Even at a steady 80mph the bike was doing 65mpg :shock: Wonder if it will do that when the restrictor comes out this Saturday :twisted:

On the Saturday night, I went to the camp site to see what the craic was. And ended up in the pub for a drink :oops: They were a very friendly bunch :thumbsup: I'm glad I went then because it made it easier for me on the Sunday rideout as I already knew a lot of people. There were over 50 bikes there. It was brilliant to see the road in front full of SV's and have the road behind full of SV's, in my mirrors 8) ... and it never rained all day :roll:

Would I do it again? ... as long as it's a wee bit closer, yes :riding:

Now I can't wait for our wee run next month :riding:

Mr Toad
07-06-05, 06:03 PM
Glad you enjoyed it
Shame I had to miss it, looking forward to next year already :D

jonboy
07-06-05, 06:13 PM
Well done for making the effort, great to see you there.