PDA

View Full Version : AGV and HJC

Shinsei Jutsu
09-06-05, 12:02 PM
tried on an AGV Stealth yesterday and it fitted quite well, but have been told that AGV's are very noisy helmets. Can anyone back this up or say against this comment

Also looked at a HJC FG-14 and AC-11. Is there much difference between the two, and if so what. They both look good but wondered what the pro's and cons are for both.

Cheers peeps.

diamond
09-06-05, 12:12 PM
My last lid was an AGV, It was loader than the Shoei before it but quieter than the Caberg i've got now. Not alot of help sorry. :oops:

Shinsei Jutsu
09-06-05, 12:14 PM
which caberg?

diamond
09-06-05, 12:20 PM
the V2

Grinch
09-06-05, 02:52 PM
The old AGV's are much quiter, but when they changed over to removable lineings the noise levels when up rather a lot. Though it was still quiter than my Caberg.
Even my KBC is noisey, but I use plugs all the time, I think if you want a quite helment you need to pay a few bob for it, though Jax has said her Shark s800 is rather good. It was about 150... or something.

German bird
09-06-05, 04:12 PM
I used an AGV and got an Shoi last year. The AGV is louder but i only noticed it after i swapped.

wheelnut
09-06-05, 04:59 PM
I have an AGV Flyer II or something, I thought it was fairly quiet when I bought it but now Im very aware how noisy it is. I dont always, (hardly ever) wear ear plugs though.

One problem I have found is that it works like a mincing machine and the vents slice flying objects into little bits before they get up my nose, in my ears and mouth :?

Shinsei Jutsu
09-06-05, 05:48 PM
I have an AGV Flyer II or something, I thought it was fairly quiet when I bought it but now Im very aware how noisy it is. I dont always, (hardly ever) wear ear plugs though.

One problem I have found is that it works like a mincing machine and the vents slice flying objects into little bits before they get up my nose, in my ears and mouth :?

:lol: :lol: yum :lol:

Shinsei Jutsu
09-06-05, 05:51 PM
thanks everyone for your help. After looking at the two (agv stealth and hjc ac-11) I decided on the hjc. The fit was slightly better, it comes with a removeable anti fog thang, and it was reduced to £99. Can't be bad.

The bloke tried to convince me that the fg-14 would be worth a look. As he said, it's the same helmet but with different vents and no removeable lining, all for £50 more! hmmm, sounds worse to me.

So I'm getting it next week either by car with a mate, or I'll get some cargo netting stuff and tie the spare helmet to the back of the bike...we'll see.

kwak zzr
10-06-05, 05:11 PM
ive got the hjc ac11 zeek in blue,what a great helmet for £100.
can't fault it realy went out wednesday and did 90mile and it performed better than my £200 agv! with the hot weather weve been having the air vent system was a god send.the only thing i needed to get used to is the size of the chin bar its a tad restrictive when looking over your sholders but the chin bar being lower than my agv leaves a bigger visor view which cant be bad.
daz(midlands)

Well Oiled
10-06-05, 10:26 PM
I got the AC-11 after trying a few and it's really comfy with good visibility. Very much an under-rated lid.

SV2win
13-06-05, 02:03 PM
Got the AC-11 as well. A really good lid, bit noisy but as people have been saying it keeps the head pretty cool. Looks good too. The only fault i have found is that I have mega problems with it misting up in the winter despite the anti-fog thingy. Got mine when it was still fairly new out for 200quid and was impressed then so 100 has to be a bargain.