PDA

View Full Version : Father's day anyone ?

Well Oiled
15-06-05, 01:28 PM
Busy with work, busy with kids, jobs at home .......

But dammit, Sunday's Father's day and I want a few hours off. Who's up for a morning run before the roads get too busy?

Not bothered about route.

P.S. Mothers and the childless also welcome.

blacksheep
15-06-05, 02:13 PM
The weather's forcast to be good so I could be intrested

shutdown
15-06-05, 02:17 PM
oooh i might be up for that one!

derbybiker
16-06-05, 05:57 PM
I could be up for this................providing I get the car fixed on Saturday :roll:

Well Oiled
16-06-05, 06:01 PM
I could be up for this................providing I get the car fixed on Saturday :roll:

If you don't finish it you can always come on your bike instead. :wink:

derbybiker
16-06-05, 06:08 PM

If you don't finish it you can always come on your bike instead. :wink:

damn....didn't think of that :lol:

Saint Matt
16-06-05, 06:45 PM
I'll go, got sunday off as i thought we were gonna look at bikes dad? Meh, if ya wanna take me on the back you won't have to ask twice.

Well Oiled
16-06-05, 07:01 PM
I'll go, got sunday off as i thought we were gonna look at bikes dad? Meh, if ya wanna take me on the back you won't have to ask twice.

You have to stay in and tidy up, help your mum make me a nice roast dinner etc.

We ain't got a bike to look at yet - I've emailed about the one you saw but no reply yet.

Saint Matt
16-06-05, 07:13 PM
I called him earlier, he said sunday would be fine to go look at it. If you go in my documents you will find his email address in a wordpad document called "SV", original, eh?

wheelnut
16-06-05, 07:40 PM
I could tag along, anyone got any ideas?

I can go anywhere, I lie. Fathers day or mothers day :P

I saw Keith, on Monday morning. I was in the Volvo near the Crewe and Harpur

Well Oiled
16-06-05, 10:54 PM
What about up to Chesterfield on A61, across to Bakewell, over to Buxton, down to Ashbourne & back.

Or for a bit shorter, bakewell down to Matlock instead (but A6 will be real busy)

Start early, miss the traffic and back in time for lunch.

Really don't mind if someone has better a plan.

Keith

mysteryjimbo
17-06-05, 06:38 AM
Sorry. I'll be in Skeggie! You're welcome to join me :lol:

Well Oiled
17-06-05, 07:39 AM

Would love to, but got stuff on Sunday PM (i.e. eating big father's day roast dinner, lounging around being pampered by wife and kids).

What about a MIGTS Skeggie run after summer hols?

mysteryjimbo
17-06-05, 07:41 AM

Would love to, but got stuff on Sunday PM (i.e. eating big father's day roast dinner, lounging around being pampered by wife and kids).

What about a MIGTS Skeggie run after summer hols?

Yep, we'll do that one. Stop off for an alacarte lunch (fish and chips) then come back. Tis a good run at about 160 miles round trip. But we'll keep off that subject and keep the thread focused. :lol:

wheelnut
17-06-05, 05:02 PM
I have just received my job for next week, so I have to ship out of Poole on Sunday Night,

I can do Sunday as long as im back home for 2pm

Well Oiled
17-06-05, 05:25 PM
What about 8AM meet at Esso station at Markeaton island, up to Alfreton for 20 past to pick up Shutdown and whoever else wans to join.

Meeting point at Alfreton?

derbybiker
17-06-05, 05:42 PM
8am sound OK for me in Derby.

There's the Travelodge at Alfreton - that would also be easy for anybody coming across from Notts/Mansfield way

mattyL
17-06-05, 06:29 PM
I'd love to come but gotta go london for fathers day stuff. Ive just found some seriously good roads round melton as well, even came across Chad from MCN razzing around having his photos taken for MCN which was kinda cool.. I've got wednesday and thursday off next week tho if anyone is off and fancies a bit of a ride.

wheelnut
18-06-05, 09:59 AM
Markeaton Island sounds good to me :P If we go to Bakewell, will there be any tarts? :D

As long as we stop somewhere for my nicotine injection, Im ok till about 2

Well Oiled
18-06-05, 06:41 PM
LAST CALL FOR ANYONE TO MEET AT ALFRETON

08:20 Sunday, travelodge, like wot Derbybiker said.

Weelnut, Derbybiker and me comin from Derby at 08:00.

shutdown
19-06-05, 08:55 AM
sorry lads :oops: had friends turn up last night and had a few drinks. wasn't safe to ride this morning.

Saint Matt
19-06-05, 09:18 AM
You're with me then shutdown :(, my bike is in the garage until i've passed my test and my dad refused to take me on the back :cry: because, in his own words, "We go fast on ride outs". He's goes fast enough when im on the back. I'm going to push his bike over when he gets home to show my disapproval.