PDA

View Full Version : JULY RIDEOUT? MORNING OF SUN 10TH?

Well Oiled
20-06-05, 08:41 PM
Would be good to get one in before school holiday season. What about morning of Sunday 10th.

We talked about the Snake Pass. Not ridden along there before. We could go via Buxton and twisty road to Whaley Bridge, then to Glossop and up the pass to the reservoirs, back down to Bakewell for a tart.

Any takers? Married blokes like me need to get the pass request in early.

Cheers Keith

derbybiker
20-06-05, 10:23 PM
Any takers? Married blokes like me need to get the pass request in early.

Cheers Keith

You don't need to be married to have to get the request in early :roll:

I'm up for it. Marked it on the calendar so when I get the "you never told me you were going out on the bike AGAIN" I just point to the calendar and say "it's been on there for 3 weeks now".

Then I'll get the "can I come with you?" so I'll have to start thinking of the excuses now :lol:. I usually say "if you hadn't sold your bike you would have been more than welcome to tag along" but she's getting abit fed up with that one

mysteryjimbo
21-06-05, 01:36 PM
I'll be available. 8)

Well Oiled
21-06-05, 07:03 PM
I'll be available. 8)

Grand - don't forget yer manual.

shutdown
21-06-05, 10:06 PM
WEll, stick a feather in me ar$e and call me Susan (latter is optional)

I think I'm actualy free for that one...I shall go and get it on the calendar now to avoid confusion from missus.

mysteryjimbo
21-06-05, 10:25 PM
WEll, stick a feather in me ar$e and call me Susan (latter is optional)

Ok, errrrrrrrrrr Susan.... :lol:

sticky-dizzle
30-06-05, 03:27 PM
wheres the meetin point then??

Dizz

HKP
30-06-05, 03:45 PM
Sorry
Can't make it. Still in plaster for the next month or so.

Lucky you.....snake pass....nice :D

mysteryjimbo
30-06-05, 05:01 PM
wheres the meetin point then??

Dizz

Since its Well Oiled's idea, i'll let him choose.

wigan650s
01-07-05, 11:54 PM
would this be a good chance for me to ingratiate myself into the migt's? having just quit the pennine massive for a move to nottingham

derbybiker
02-07-05, 06:47 AM
would this be a good chance for me to ingratiate myself into the migt's? having just quit the pennine massive for a move to nottingham

you're more than welcome to join us. if you don't know the meeting point (when we decide upon it) just PM one of us for directions.

wheelnut
02-07-05, 08:56 AM
Not sure yet, Its Snetterton weekend. I might end up going to watch BSB

If not I will be with you :P

wheelnut
02-07-05, 10:04 AM

Welcome to the migts

You could come in useful, and show us the way to Rivi barn for a brew :P Maybe nottingham650s doesnt have the same ring to it

wigan650s
02-07-05, 03:50 PM

Welcome to the migts

You could come in useful, and show us the way to Rivi barn for a brew :P Maybe nottingham650s doesnt have the same ring to it

200 mile round trip just for a brew :? ... sounds good to me,could go via a6 to buxton then drop over to the cat and fiddle through knutsford hop onto m6 then upto rivi :D might have to blag a pillion ride though as my bikes still in wigan :cry:

think i'll stick to wigan650s i dont want to be forgetting my roots :lol:

Well Oiled
02-07-05, 05:52 PM
Hello Gents,

Just got back from business trip to USA. Does my head in to see people riding around at 70mph plus with protective gear consisting of t-shirt and bandana.

Welcome Wigan650s, from another 'pie-eater' who moved down these parts 12 years ago.

Anyway, next Sunday, what about those coming from West meet at Markeaton Island McDonalds (Junction of A38/A52) at 8am.

Meet up with folks coming from Alfreton / Nottingham at Matlock 8:30 (before it gets too crowded on the A6) Have a cuppa / bacon butty.

Up to Buxton and across to Whaley Bridge on the twisty road. From there to Glossop and Snake Pass. If weather OK stop at reservoirs for a bit. Back round to Bakewell and home.

Maybe we could meet up with some Pennine folks at Glossop ? could you ask your old mates Wigan650S ??

Cheers Keith

wigan650s
02-07-05, 06:03 PM
i can ask but i think its gonna be to short notice to get many if any,plus they start panicking if they have to travel further than rivi barn :shock:

where in pie land are you from i'm born and bred pemberton

Well Oiled
02-07-05, 09:55 PM
Well I'll go to't foot o't stairs - I was born and bred in Pem too.

Came from the top end of Worsley Hall (rough area !) Not far from the Half Way House pub. Hope you can make it next Sun and we'll trade memories.

Cheers keih

wheelnut
02-07-05, 11:01 PM

Came from the top end of Worsley Hall (rough area !) Not far from the Half Way House pub. Hope you can make it next Sun and we'll trade memories.

Cheers keih

Dad! Son :D

wigan650s
03-07-05, 11:22 AM

Cheers keih

Dad! Son :D

pmsl

all of worsley hall is a rough area,actually all of pemberton is a rough area nowadays i've spent 35 years on norley hall which is much improved since the west ward burnt down.

doubt i can make it on sunday my bikes still languishing in wigan,i'm just in talks with my mate to see if he wants a ride down then he can take me out pillion,if not i might have a drive up to say hi and wave you all off

Amanda M
04-07-05, 08:16 AM
Another ex-Wiganer here :wink: I was brought up round Pem as well, right near the half way house :shock:

Whereabouts in Glossop were you thinking of meeting up and what time? I'm not far from there in Stalyvegas and can probably make it out on sunday weather permitting. Not been round Snake Pass for a couple of weeks so it's about time :twisted:

sv4me
04-07-05, 10:20 AM
You hussy, playing with them and not us :( :wink:

Amanda M
04-07-05, 10:34 AM
You hussy, playing with them and not us :( :wink:

Nice handbag :wink:

mysteryjimbo
04-07-05, 10:36 AM
I'll have to clear this thread up in a bit. I've lost track of whose coming etc.

sv4me
04-07-05, 10:39 AM
Thanks,youre never borrowing it again! [-(

Sorry guys,talking **** again

I might come if

a)you take northern monkeys and
b)ninja riders

Amanda M
04-07-05, 10:42 AM
Thanks,youre never borrowing it again! [-(

Sorry guys,talking sh*t again

I might come if

a)you take northern monkeys and
b)ninja riders

:lol: :lol:

Well, if I'm going I suppose they'd have to let you as well seeing as I've not got an SV either :P

Well Oiled
04-07-05, 08:39 PM
What's this then, 'Wiganers reunited' or something? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, we're having breakfast at Matlock at 8:30, so by the time we've finished eating, bullsh**ing and watching bikes run into each other (if it's owt like last time) we'll be up to Glossop by about 10:30.

I don't know Glossop so is there an obvious place to meet? :roll:

Cheers Keith

sv4me
04-07-05, 10:22 PM
Big Tescos just off the A57

Multimap (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&GridE=-1.96318&GridN=53.44552&lon=-1.96318&lat=53.44552&search_result=Wren%20Nest%20Road%2C%20SK13%2C%20GL OSSOP&GridN=53.44552&GridE=-1.96318&cidr_client=none&lang=&db=GB&place=Wren+Nest+Road,+SK13,+GLOSSOP&pc=&advanced=true&cname=Great+Britain&addr2=wren+nest+road&client=public&addr3=glossop&overviewmap=&scale=5000)

Amanda M
05-07-05, 07:10 AM
:stupid:

10.30 at tescos sounds spot on 8)

shutdown
05-07-05, 08:01 AM
shall i bring Sat Nav just in case? :lol:

Amanda M
05-07-05, 08:05 AM
Tesco's is dead easy to find and Snake pass is just up the road.

Is the plan after Snake Pass to head over to Edale and Long Hill to Buxton and the Cat and Fiddle or summat like that? I like Edale. It's a daft road. sv4me likes it too :lol:

sv4me
05-07-05, 10:36 AM
:-k You must have me confused with someone else

I said something about that road and it wasnt liking it!

Well Oiled
05-07-05, 12:00 PM
shall i bring Sat Nav just in case? :lol:

That would be good (show off!) Make sure it's got tyhe speed camera locations programmed in !!

10:30 at Tesco's Glossop confirmed. As for destination after Snake Pass - let's have a chat at Tesco's car park?

Cheers Keith

Amanda M
05-07-05, 12:37 PM

You big girl :wink: :twisted:

10.30 at tescos is great. Fingers crossed it's not chucking it down!

shutdown
05-07-05, 12:40 PM
i may have a time restriction put upon me now :x :x

family might be coming up to see daughter so I may have to leave early.

sv4me
05-07-05, 02:00 PM

Thems fightin words missy :twisted: im gonna howl past you at 130 on the back wheel just for that :lol:

Amanda M
05-07-05, 02:01 PM
and I will let you because I can't hold on past 120 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sv4me
05-07-05, 02:03 PM
:laughat: ok ill give you a headstart hows that :wink:

mysteryjimbo
05-07-05, 02:04 PM

Thems fightin words missy :twisted: im gonna howl past you at 130 on the back wheel just for that :lol:

Is that all??????

sv4me
05-07-05, 02:06 PM
Yeah,dont wanna go nuts :P

Amanda M
05-07-05, 02:11 PM
:laughat: ok ill give you a headstart hows that :wink:

Aye, that'll do :lol:

sv4me
05-07-05, 02:18 PM
5 mile enough? :wink: :P

Ok ill shut up now

mysteryjimbo
05-07-05, 02:21 PM
5 mile enough? :wink: :P

Ok ill shut up now

You should. You'll attract the fuzz.

So how many people will be attending that still own a SV?? I know there's us three that dont....

Must remember my manual..

wheelnut
09-07-05, 02:40 PM
It looks like you will have at least 2 blue SV's or three if Derby Biker is coming. I wanted to do Snetterton, but didnt get back from work till lunchtime.

Are we meeting at Markeaton for us Derby lads?

I cant do with that big breakfast in Matlock, A Bacon cob will do as we watch bikers run into each other :P

Well Oiled
09-07-05, 04:36 PM
Aye - Early start - 8 O'clock at Markeaton - see 'plan for sunday 10th' thread for more.

see you in the mornin. Looks like a scorcher !!