PDA

View Full Version : Would you trust this man???

Stormspiel
22-06-05, 08:02 AM
Bear with me. I am selling my GasGas Txt249 in a local paper and on internet site. I the following email a few days after it launched:

With regard to your item posted for sale , My name is Devis Remon, i residence in Netherland and work for government, I am really extremely interested in purcashing your item,so get back to me with the asking price and if you have any available picture.
Regards.

Hi Devis,

The asking price for the Bike is £1300 but may be prepared to lower it slightly (say £1200)as you ar etravelling that far. That would work out at 1800 Euro at todays rate. I can arrange pictures of the bike for you and will send them tomorrow. Can i just ask how you would collect the bike as i have no means of transporting it to you??

Thanks for your message, I really appreciate your respond. I understand that you are willing to sell your item for £1300 , But I am buying the item from you at the price ,But i will like to inform you that my client is responsible for the payment while my shipper will come to your residence for pick up, so i would really appreciate if you can able to continue this transaction with me, my client owes me £3,500 which can be paid once, so i am using that opportunity to purcashe your item and i wil like you to help me out as same, I want you after you get the payment then forward the balance on it to my shipper, so if you are ready to continue this transaction as a trustworthy human being, provide me with this follows information.
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zipcode:
Cel. Phone:
Home. Phone:
So kindly reply me back asap with all this information.

Regards.

Am i setting myself up to get the bike stolen ???

Smiffy
22-06-05, 08:04 AM
Call me suspicious but I think I'd be using the "add to blocked senders" button in outlook.

Cronos
22-06-05, 08:06 AM
Yes. It's a well known con.... avoid like the plague!

fizzwheel
22-06-05, 08:07 AM
No he is trying to rip you off delete the email and find a geniune buyer

Stormspiel
22-06-05, 08:12 AM
That's what i was thinking TBH. He's replying at like 4am, 5am in the netherlands :-k The bikes Well secured with the sv in my garage. It's constantly alarmed other than when getting out/ putting away Bikes.

Captain Nemo
22-06-05, 08:19 AM
Luke , dont give him your address,

tell him to **** off, or alternatively tell him that you will use the remainder of his money to buy some A1 grade crystal meth and you will forward him his share of the profits when youve sold it on.

you might be able to shift it when you go to mehico....

i thought6 these kind of emails were just urban myths

Saint Matt
22-06-05, 08:19 AM
I had a few people like that when i wanted to sell my scooter, its not that they are going to steal it, its that they are laundering dirty money. He gives you lots more than the bikes cost via a cheque, money goes into your bank, you give the deliverer cash, and you get left with the money.

Jabba
22-06-05, 08:27 AM
I had a few people like that when i wanted to sell my scooter, its not that they are going to steal it, its that they are laundering dirty money. He gives you lots more than the bikes cost via a cheque, money goes into your bank, you give the deliverer cash, and.......

And then the bank recalls the cheque - you get left with no bike and no money.

You have been warned.

Stormspiel
22-06-05, 08:37 AM
I had a few people like that when i wanted to sell my scooter, its not that they are going to steal it, its that they are laundering dirty money. He gives you lots more than the bikes cost via a cheque, money goes into your bank, you give the deliverer cash, and.......

You have been warned.

methinks i'll tell him i can only take cash as i don't have a bank account. See if he bogs off :lol:

thor
22-06-05, 08:40 AM
You think he is in the netherlands... LMAO!

fizzwheel
22-06-05, 08:41 AM

You have been warned.

methinks i'll tell him i can only take cash as i don't have a bank account. See if he bogs off :lol:

Seriously mate, just ignore it and not deal with this person at all

Anonymous
22-06-05, 08:50 AM
Tell him to take a hike and pic on an easier victim.

This is a well known scam at the moment, stay well clear.

timwilky
22-06-05, 08:55 AM
This is a well know scam, He gives you the £3,500 and you pay it into your bank account and after a couple of days your bank credits the money to your account. You then happily transfer the remaining £2,200 to his "Shipper" and suddenly your bank discovers the cheque is a dud and remove the original £3,500 from your account.

You have just lost £2,200

There are huge teams of predominantly Nigerians run this sort of scam from Internet cafes in the Netherlands.

Stormspiel
22-06-05, 09:04 AM
S'ok, told him the bikes gone to a family friend for cash. Better luck next time :roll: :lol:

Chris V
22-06-05, 09:26 AM
Call me suspicious but I think I'd be using the "add to blocked senders" button in outlook.

Thanks for that tip, I get up to 6 of these scam messages a day. Sometimes its fun to wind them up and is called scam baiting

This site shows the master at wind ups. He gets the scammers to prove who they are by being photographed holding a '**** take' message or holding a fish on their head etc etc

Absolutely hilarious

http://www.419eater.com

BillyC
22-06-05, 09:35 AM
No no no no no no no no no! NO!

Usually an exploitation of international chequing law.

SVeeedy Gonzales
22-06-05, 10:06 AM
It does sound odd, but then ebay attracts some right weird people. Mate crashed his virago and had it on ebay, polish guy calls him and offers to buy it for cash before the end of the auction. They agree a price and he says he'll have mates come round with a van... all seemed weird... they turn up, take the bike, pay cash (real not forged!) and that's that - think it was about £1300 or so. He forgot to give them the keys, too, so they had to come back again. This guy sounds more dodgy though!

Saint Matt
22-06-05, 11:11 AM

You have been warned.

Yeah, meant to finish that off!