PDA

View Full Version : RACE CAN FITTING - ADVICE NEEDED

viner
24-06-05, 03:54 PM
Hi guys n gals --- got hold of a used but in very good condition stainless race can (not road legal) and am not so sure its for my pointy K3. It appears to be more suitable for the curvy sv. The bit of the end can that is for fitting to the original exhaust pipe is only about 3 inches long and pratically as soon it it leaves the end can its "curved" to the left whereas my OE pipe is straight but the curvy OE can also "curves" as soon as it leaves the end can. The "new" can looks as if it will fit but much much further down the OE pipe, just a couple of inches from the weld under the brakepedal footpeg. The "noisy" end of the racecan would be practically level with the middle of the rear wheel. Are Suzuki sv OE exhaust pipes of tuned length and if I do fit this racecan what about the back force?
Or, should I not bother and flog the racecan on?
Cheers folks

fizzwheel
24-06-05, 05:48 PM
The "new" can looks as if it will fit but much much further down the OE pipe, just a couple of inches from the weld under the brakepedal footpeg.

That sounds about right

The "noisy" end of the racecan would be practically level with the middle of the rear wheel.

That however does not, the end of my can on my curvey is just shy of the rear number plate, its basically the same length as the OE standard can

I cant answer the question on tuned length but I think that it will have something to do with the tuning of the engine.

TBH are you 100% sure thats a can for an SV and not something else ??

viner
24-06-05, 06:47 PM
Well, it was sold to me as coming off an SV and have no reason to doubt the seller. The racecan is only about 2/3 the length of the OE one and weights significantly less
Cheers

fizzwheel
24-06-05, 07:03 PM
I guess it could be but my race isnt signifcally shorter than the standard can

Have a browse throught the photo's section and see if you can get an idea of what lengths are available might give you something to compare it with ???