PDA

View Full Version : Recommended slip on

04SV650S
26-06-05, 03:59 AM
Hey guys, I Have an 04 SV650S and currently still have the stock exa=haust sytem on the bike. I was wondering what exhaust systems you guys could recommend or deter me away from.

I am most likly looking for a slip on that will shed a few pounds of weight off the bike and I am also looking for one that You can simply swap with the stock without any major modifications or adjustemesnt, so that it does not affect the performance and work with the stock settings...

I would prefer one that is not too loud ( louder than stock is fine), also one that is slightly smaller than the stock is key. I will stick with the regular type, as in I am not looking for a high mount or an undertail...

If you guys have any suggestions or ones that have worked for you let me know,
Thanks.

tigersaw
26-06-05, 03:14 PM
I've just ordered a Scorpion road legal system from Seastar motorcycles at just under £180 inc delivery. (For K4 - K5)
Most people will say good things about Scorpion, they are reasonably priced, lifelong guarrentee, and you can pull the baffles out too :D
I originally chose a Blue Flame, which I would still have prefered, but they have a reputation for awful customer service, which I would agree with, they were not even interested in selling me a £300 system, with typical Parisian waiter shoulder shrugging and can't be arsed attitude when I dared to ask for a delivery date. Meanwhile, Seastar were helpful, gave me advice and and a honest delivery estimate (up to 14 days).

HTH
Dave

tigersaw
26-06-05, 03:15 PM
Oops, just read your Location - my reccomendation may not be a great deal of help :?

04SV650S
26-06-05, 03:21 PM
Oops, just read your Location - my reccomendation may not be a great deal of help :?

...The guys at the shop i goto usually are able to get their hands on wahtever it takes... and I have heard the blueflame was good too ... let me know how it works out for you.
Thanks

adamfool
26-06-05, 08:47 PM
i've got a carbon can co end can, and i think it's great. Blueflame don't have the best customer service reputation on here... do a site search and you'll soon see!

lodman27
26-06-05, 09:07 PM
would also say carbon can company, you cant fault there customer service or products!! :thumbsup:

kwak zzr
26-06-05, 09:39 PM
ive got the scorpion and recomend it to anyone,great first mod and well worth the ££££££££.
daz

minky
27-06-05, 10:24 AM
I am most likly looking for a slip on that will shed a few pounds of weight off the bike and I am also looking for one that You can simply swap with the stock without any major modifications or adjustemesnt

In case you're not aware, *all* cans require the entire exhaust system to come off and the original to be cut. The standard system is one piece :(

Warren
27-06-05, 10:27 AM
I am most likly looking for a slip on that will shed a few pounds of weight off the bike and I am also looking for one that You can simply swap with the stock without any major modifications or adjustemesnt

In case you're not aware, *all* cans require the entire exhaust system to come off and the original to be cut. The standard system is one piece :(

this however . . does give you an excuse to buy a full system :)

markfc
27-06-05, 11:48 AM
In case you're not aware, *all* cans require the entire exhaust system to come off and the original to be cut. The standard system is one piece Sad

not true, i put my new scorpion on without removing the system and i'm pretty sure many others have too. :-)

minky
27-06-05, 12:10 PM
not true, i put my new scorpion on without removing the system and i'm pretty sure many others have too. :-)

You mean you cut it in situ :shock:

Didn' even entertain the idea, is only 5 bolts and the system is off :)

kashby
28-06-05, 07:48 PM
I saved wads of dosh by buying a ART carbon fibre on Ebay (£34) from a 1200 bandit and a slip on adapter ( 3 bolt type ) (£15) and link pipe (£14).

All fitted together really well, did'nt take of the original system if your really carefull a grinder is ther best tool and quicker.