PDA

View Full Version : fairings for the naked 650?

ruffrydergirl
26-06-05, 10:10 PM
I am trying to make my 650 look more like the 650s with both top and bottom fairings. Every site that sells fairing doesn't seem to have the option of adding bottom fairings to the 650. Is this possible? Can someone direct me to a site where I can find the fairings on a naked 650?

Thanks!

SPeeeeDY
26-06-05, 10:30 PM
This may be a stupid question...but why didn't you just buy the S model. By putting a fairing on a non faired bike will be classed as major modifications and put your insurance up a great deal.

SPeeeeDY

Cloggsy
26-06-05, 10:46 PM
You could do with sending a PM to 'Itching to go' or 'Mike1234'... They both prep bikes for racing etc, I'm sure they'll know/point you in the right direction ;)

NAPA121
03-07-05, 09:28 PM
I'm in the same position. I have a naked K4 sv650 but would like to deflect some wind as it gets very windy when the old speed gets up. The reason I did not buy a sv650s was the more upright seating position. My back needs a bit of extra support!

Any tips would be helpful. Other people must have done the same thing at some point?

Neil

muddycoffee
18-07-05, 03:19 PM
I am in a similar position. I am 6'2" and much prefer the riding position on the naked SV650. However I would like to go some longer distances, to Europe, and would like to know if there is a small fairing with screen which I can put on for longer distances, and remove for my everyday use. Because the wind at motorway speeds is quite tiring and noisy.

Or would I be better off with a different bike altogether for longer distances.

NAPA121
22-07-05, 08:37 AM
I'm still looking for a windscreen/wind deflector/fairing for my Naked Blue K4 SV650.

I have seen this and think it looks good. :idea:

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18360&cat=0&page=1

What do you guys think :?:
Has anyone got one of these and has some pictures :?:
Can I get one in the UK as the one above is oversees and costs a lot :?:

Answers on a postcard :D

Neil

Makiavel
03-08-05, 03:11 PM
Hi

I work in this and just to let you know that a lot of things that fit the s model won't fit your naked SV

Like the hugger, the one for the naked version dosen't fit the S version.

The undertail won't fit either.

I really don't know whay they do that but it's a pain in ... for us! ;)

NAPA121
03-08-05, 08:32 PM
Why do you think they have such vast differences on the same bike?

It's really strange how I'm struggling to find a windscreen (i like) or some type of mini fairing.

I would have thought Suzuki would have designed some add ons with the bike??

Even this:-

https://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18360&cat=0&page=1

is diffcult to find in the UK. Why don't Suzuki make one like it?

Starting to bug me actually.... :evil:

jon
03-08-05, 08:55 PM
I've seen a fair few nakeds with fly screens, i don't understand the trouble...?

You don't say whether your SV is a pointer or a bendy. If it's the latter the 2wheeljunkies full fairing from jhs is rather sexy.

650newb
04-08-05, 09:43 PM
You don't say whether your SV is a pointer or a bendy.

he said in his second post, he has a k4.

Try these if you havent already done so, the streetfighter fairing looks alright

http://www.banditmania.co.uk/Bodywork.htm

jon
05-08-05, 07:41 AM

Different poster :) Original poster has only posted one message.

KATIE_SV
08-08-05, 07:18 PM
xvs is selling a sports screen

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=27915

650newb
17-08-05, 03:39 AM

Different poster :) Original poster has only posted one message.

oh yeah, werent looking properly :oops:

Orrkid
30-08-05, 07:23 PM
Hello, New to the site and bike, just bought myself an 00 naked 650. here is a link to a site that sales different body parts. i hope to get the full fairng soon, looks really nice to me.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/SV6501999-02.htm

Hope this info is usefull.

dangerous bri
06-09-05, 12:39 PM
hello all

i've converted my silver K3 from naked to faired

any questions let me know

before i did this

i used the 'windy' flyscreen from busters accessories

its a double bubble shape made by puig

as luck would have it the clocks on the K3

fits nicely into the extended bubble part of the screen.

into

pictonabike
11-09-05, 03:36 PM
i'm nearly new to SV650 (delivery a week tomorrow) and have been exploring this issue - I am more comfortable with the naked riding position (maybe not the best choice of wording) but want some wind protection (maybe not the best choice of wording again)

try TCP in the Netherlands for a couple of SV650 dedicated models and a couple of universals - their kit is very nice

alternatively try Powerbronze - they have a few universal models in full half and nosecone stlye

I'm currently thinking about the Powerbronze Cobra - does anyone have any experience of this?

astirman
08-11-05, 07:26 PM
This topic makes very interesting reading. Earlier this summer i purchsed a fantastic 2001 SVs with the fairing lowers already fitted. I absolutely loved this bike and the fairng fitted with a double bubble screen worked really well. However, my wrists and lower back couldn't stand the riding position for much more than half an hour at a time. I can therefore really empathise with the orginal poster and a few others. I sold the SV for varius reasons but am really regretting it now. I am considering buying a replacement for next year and am torn between another faired SV and perhaps experimenting with other handlebar options or buying a naked one and exploring fairings. I believe the naked SV also has a different foot rest position too so may be even better. The trouble is I know that as soon as i ride the naked bike on a motorawy i will wish i had bought the faired version. It seems to me the best option would be to purchase an S (ie faired version) and experiment with raised handlebars, probably Helibars as i tend to think you get what you pay for and they seem to have the best reputation. any comments ?

pictonabike
08-11-05, 07:49 PM
astirman , you are correct about the footrests being in a different position on the two bikes. Also be aware that putting replacement handlebars onto the SV650s is not too easy, I've been told - the wiring to the switchgear, the clutch and throttle cables and the break hydraulics will all be too short and so will need replacing (the break master cylinder is also a different shape but I don't know if that will be a problem)

I took delivery of my bike but the nose cone didn't arrive and after a couple of weeks I'd got used to the naked bike - Mr Suzki has now included a tiny plastic thing around the light and instruments and it made a surprising difference over the fully naked k4 that I test drove

I gave up on the fairing idea and instead opted for a small headlamp screen made by f fabbri - it does the business for me, giving me a reasonable degree of protection

I'm waiting for some new mirrors to arrive (round black ones to replace the chrome rectangles) and when they arrive I'll post photos in the appropriate section