PDA

View Full Version : Riding an SV with no petrol :o(

Daz
27-06-05, 09:46 AM
The SV definately does not do as many mpg with the restrictor out 8-[ :oops: This was discovered this morning half a mile from a petrol station :oops:

When the engine cut out the bike free wheeled no problem. So I pushed the starter button and the engine started again. Got back up to speed and hit the kill switch. Repeated this a few times until it wouldn't start again :( Then I pushed the bike 10 yards to the petrol pump :lol: How close was that 8-[

The K4S did just over 50 miles after the light came on. Used to do 70+ with the restrictor in :shock:

mysteryjimbo
27-06-05, 10:05 AM
50 miles after the light came on?? Lightweight! :lol: Most i've had is 37 on a "tootle".

With the number of "how many MPG do you get threads" you should have know really.

Good timing though :wink:

Warren
27-06-05, 10:15 AM
on the CBR you get a light on your dash when you are on your reserve tank, my reserve tank has doubled since fitting a power commander.

Daz
27-06-05, 11:06 AM
50 miles after the light came on?? Lightweight! Most i've had is 37 on a "tootle".
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ahhh, but every rider and their bike gets a different result.

With the number of "how many MPG do you get threads" you should have know really.
Don't think I have seen one about riding with no petrol. It's a subtle difference :oops:

...you should have know really.
I'm not on here much :^o

northwind
27-06-05, 06:29 PM
I managed to run mine absolutely dry 20 metres from the pumps once too... Now that's economy :)

a1a
27-06-05, 08:43 PM
The SV definately does not do as many mpg with the restrictor out 8-[ :oops: This was discovered this morning half a mile from a petrol station :oops:

When the engine cut out the bike free wheeled no problem. So I pushed the starter button and the engine started again. Got back up to speed and hit the kill switch. Repeated this a few times until it wouldn't start again :( Then I pushed the bike 10 yards to the petrol pump :lol: How close was that 8-[

The K4S did just over 50 miles after the light came on. Used to do 70+ with the restrictor in :shock:
Now thats what I call the luck of the Irish! :lol:

Oneiros
27-06-05, 11:00 PM
I did exactly the same thing on my K4 a couple of weeks ago it started back firing just past on petrol station and final ran dry 100 yard from the next. I think I got 135 miles out of that tank.

snoopy
27-06-05, 11:17 PM
I've ran out up hill when my sender was bad and had to push 50m to Morrisons petrol station in a suit. Beat that.

Daz
28-06-05, 12:15 PM
I've ran out up hill when my sender was bad and had to push 50m to Morrisons petrol station in a suit. Beat that.

What was bad?

Dinner suit, boiler suit, birthday suit.... ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry :oops: :lol: