PDA

View Full Version : Beach and BBQ on 30th July

Pages : [1] 2 3

Morti
27-06-05, 11:28 AM
We need to know who will be coming to the beach in Bournemouth and onto e.d's for a bbq on 30th July.

The general plan will be to meet along the cliff-top of the beach at a time to be arranged, spend part of the day there and then onto e.d's for the evening.

Scoobs
27-06-05, 11:29 AM
'spect so. May bring the family as well.

Tara
27-06-05, 11:34 AM
We need to know who will be coming to the beach in Bournemouth and onto e.d's for a bbq on 30th July.

The general plan will be to meet along the cliff-top of the beach at a time to be arranged, spend part of the day there and then onto e.d's for the evening.

Sounds fine to me - just need to sort out accommodation near to e.d.'s theres four of us coming down from up north

fizzwheel
27-06-05, 12:29 PM
yep I will be there

diamond
27-06-05, 12:37 PM
Yeah i'll be there i suppose

Morti
27-06-05, 12:39 PM
Think i might just turn up :lol:

Godikus
27-06-05, 12:40 PM
i would honestly, honestly love to come! but i doubt i could aforde the trip.... UNLEEESSS it's my b day 2 days after so i could possably swing it.

diamond
27-06-05, 12:41 PM
i would honestly, honestly love to come! but i doubt i could aforde the trip.... UNLEEESSS it's my b day 2 days after so i could possably swing it.
Come down all you need is a few quid for petrol, you can kip on my floor with the rest of the rabble. It'll be a laugh. :D

Viney
27-06-05, 12:42 PM
As the dobbie brothers said.....

Ya mo be there

diamond
27-06-05, 12:43 PM
As the dobbie brothers said.....

Ya mo be there

Oh no your not comin are you :wink: :D

Shinsei Jutsu
27-06-05, 12:44 PM
I'm a yes at the moment, can't see anything coming up, but ya never know.

Godikus
28-06-05, 01:26 AM
Come down all you need is a few quid for petrol, you can kip on my floor with the rest of the rabble. It'll be a laugh. :D

I was thinkin' more along the lines of a tent. i've got images running through my head of what kipping on your floor with that lot would be like (going from the mega thread) not sure i wanna arive back in scotland traumatised! how about i pitch the tent in your livin' room?

the way i ride it might be more than a few quid for petrole, but i was planning a long distance(ish) trip for my b day (1st aug) so that could be the very ticket!

kingnothing
28-06-05, 02:56 AM
don't think I'll be able to make it. Have a great time everyone!

Unless......... BA flies straight from Denver to London, you could all pitch in and buy me a ticket!

I'll get my hat and coat........

(makes way toward door)

diamond
28-06-05, 09:21 AM
I've found the nearest camp site to my house but it's still about 8 miles away. Not sure what it's like but here's the web site and a multi map link for the directions from my house for those that might need it

http://www.stonehengetouringpark.supanet.com/

http://multimap.com/map/aproute.cgi?qs=q&starttime=10%3A16&client=public&itineraryxylist=416680%2C141526%3B405991%2C145357&desc1=SP4+7WL&desc2=&lang=&rn=GB&rt=route.htm

HTH

Tara
28-06-05, 09:26 AM
what about b&b's? any joy?

keithd
28-06-05, 09:26 AM
it doesnt look like i will be attending, maybe some of saturday during the day.

i'm a figment of everybody's imagingation. i dont really exist. i am tylor durden.....

Tara
28-06-05, 09:27 AM

i'm a figment of everybody's imagingation. i dont really exist. i am tylor durden.....

i've met you :?

keithd
28-06-05, 09:28 AM

are you SURE???

Tara
28-06-05, 09:29 AM

are you SURE???

maybe you were a figment of my imagination :wink:

diamond
28-06-05, 09:30 AM

My favourite film :D

diamond
28-06-05, 09:31 AM
I'm on the case 4 for B&B's Tara, hopefully have some places found by the end of the day :D

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 09:32 AM
e.d is it still OK for me to crash at yours ???

diamond
28-06-05, 09:32 AM

Yeah course it is, no problem :D

Tara
28-06-05, 09:33 AM
I'm on the case 4 for B&B's Tara, hopefully have some places found by the end of the day :D

Cool - i need to sort out accommodation for bbc and her hubby too

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 09:34 AM

Yeah course it is, no problem :D

Cooler than a polar bears cold bits, thank you

diamond
28-06-05, 09:48 AM
B&B's are a bit tricky there must be some actually in Amesbury so i'll have a ride round tonight and look in the mean time this is what is in the thomson local directory

http://www.thomsonlocal.com/BusinessFinder.aspx?locationid=&headingcode=&headingphrase=&page=1&pageNav=&refinesearch=&alphachar=&searchid=1748f94c-bde2-a526-6eaf-4b074f3eb5a6&schemeid=&sort=distance&cobrand=&what=B%26B&who=&where=Amesbury

Tara
28-06-05, 09:55 AM
B&B's are a bit tricky there must be some actually in Amesbury so i'll have a ride round tonight and look in the mean time this is what is in the thomson local directory

http://www.thomsonlocal.com/BusinessFinder.aspx?locationid=&headingcode=&headingphrase=&page=1&pageNav=&refinesearch=&alphachar=&searchid=1748f94c-bde2-a526-6eaf-4b074f3eb5a6&schemeid=&sort=distance&cobrand=&what=B%26B&who=&where=Amesbury

Thanks i'll check it out later

Carsick
28-06-05, 09:59 AM
There's also a travelodge at the Countess Services.
Just an idea.

I may well be along to the beach, though I don't like hanging around in the sun much, but bbqs are always fun, especially if beer is involved.

Morti
28-06-05, 10:03 AM
I'm sure there will be plenty on beer and whatever else people want to drink :D

diamond
28-06-05, 10:04 AM
There's also a travelodge at the Countess Services.
Just an idea.

I may well be along to the beach, though I don't like hanging around in the sun much, but bbqs are always fun, especially if beer is involved.

Is there a travel lodge there, i've never been there. Good work Carsick that would be perfect.

Just come along to the BBQ if you want there will be all sorts of fun and high jinks goin on and most definatly beer.

Carsick
28-06-05, 10:06 AM
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/73/AmesburyStonehenge

I went through Amesbury yesterday morning and stopped there for a break after the 20 miles of filtering on the A303.

Tara
28-06-05, 10:09 AM
Thanks - 63 quid a night might try a b&b or wait til e.d. comes back to me later once she's had a look around

Carsick
28-06-05, 10:20 AM
Thanks - 63 quid a night might try a b&b or wait til e.d. comes back to me later once she's had a look around
£63!? bloody hell!
most of them are about £40, it's usually only the inner city ones that get much above that.
I suppose the stone henge thing is the problem.

Viney
28-06-05, 10:22 AM
£63!? bloody hell!
most of them are about £40, it's usually only the inner city ones that get much above that.
I suppose the stone henge thing is the problem.

Yeah, a bunch of rocks...i mean, whats that all about......oh, i see what you mean :oops: :lol:

DeeJay
28-06-05, 01:43 PM
Sorry, i'l; be having a BBQ on a Beach in Cyprus!! :D

Viney
28-06-05, 01:50 PM
Sorry, i'l; be having a BBQ on a Beach in Cyprus!! :D

Yeah but will have more fun

hall13uk
28-06-05, 01:51 PM
i am coming staying at the travellodge so there is room for more if you wanna crash as well!!!!!!!

Viney
28-06-05, 01:53 PM
i am coming staying at the travellodge so there is room for more if you wanna crash as well!!!!!!!

You brining the missus?

hall13uk
28-06-05, 01:57 PM

You brining the missus? thats a no she does not like being a pillion on long journeys, we went to brighton the other day & she did not like it much, its a bit boring on the back i guess, uncomfortable to

hall13uk
28-06-05, 02:03 PM
ok i have just checked there is a max of 2 adults to the room so if someone else does wanna crash let me know asap

BernardBikerchick
28-06-05, 02:36 PM
hi all !! yeap me and mr bbc deffo coming ! we'll arrive on friday and be there all day saturday !! how will you cope with me AL DAY !!!!!

heee lol !!

bbc :wink:

BernardBikerchick
28-06-05, 02:39 PM
ok i have just checked there is a max of 2 adults to the room so if someone else does wanna crash let me know asap

ohhhhhhh !! pick me pick me !!!!!!! lol

bbc xxxxx

hall13uk
28-06-05, 05:25 PM

ohhhhhhh !! pick me pick me !!!!!!! lol

bbc xxxxxi am not picking anyone u just let me know if u need a place to crash that day my travel lodge door is open . :lol:

Tara
28-06-05, 05:27 PM
OK will let you know James

hall13uk
28-06-05, 05:41 PM
just got a call back from travellodge only somking rooms avaiable for the 30 july :roll: oh well booked it anyway. so all set for the bbq/beachparty
:D :D

Tara
28-06-05, 05:44 PM
just got a call back from travellodge only somking rooms avaiable for the 30 july :roll: oh well booked it anyway. so all set for the bbq/beachparty
:D :D

lets face it we will only be crashing out there

hall13uk
28-06-05, 06:03 PM
what's it all in aid of anyways :?:

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 06:11 PM
Its so all the single ladies of the forum can meet me

( honestly I dont know why it just seems like a good idea )

hall13uk
28-06-05, 06:13 PM

( honestly I dont know why it just seems like a good idea ) good enough reason i guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tara
28-06-05, 06:14 PM
Why not we had a couple of nights out last summer, this is perfect for us northerners it means we get to make the effort

Godikus
28-06-05, 06:15 PM
Why not we had a couple of nights out last summer, this is perfect for us northerners it means we get to make the effort

You've got a cheek to be callin' yourself a northerner :roll:

Carsick
28-06-05, 06:15 PM
To sit in the sun and drink beer then eat burnt meat and drink more beer. You seriously need another reason to do that?
Well, ok, we might get to chat to some nice people as well.

Godikus
28-06-05, 06:17 PM
i think we might need an umbrella, i don't like mr sun too much :oops:

hall13uk
28-06-05, 06:19 PM
why is there a danger area on the multimap link :shock: :shock: do they know i am coming :oops:

Tara
28-06-05, 06:19 PM

Sorry hun

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 06:23 PM

( honestly I dont know why it just seems like a good idea ) good enough reason i guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

It'll all go to pot when they meet me for real

Carsick
28-06-05, 06:40 PM
why is there a danger area on the multimap link :shock: :shock: do they know i am coming :oops:
There's alot of MoD training grounds around Salisbury.

Scoobs
28-06-05, 06:45 PM

Your all Northeners to me. :lol:

Carsick
28-06-05, 06:46 PM

and you're a Northerner to me!

Godikus
28-06-05, 06:48 PM
Bludi southeners. pure cannae hack it

Scoobs
28-06-05, 06:49 PM

and you're a Northerner to me!

How d'you work that one out. Last time I looked Lymington was north of Portsmouth???!!?!

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 06:50 PM
Scoobs you are a big southern Jessie...

Carsick
28-06-05, 06:51 PM
Don't you live near Ports Down? Lymington is definitely south of that.

Scoobs
28-06-05, 06:52 PM

Whatever.

Anyway, aren't you a taff?

Carsick
28-06-05, 06:54 PM

Whatever.

Nope, born in Middlesex and lived down south since I was 2.
I just go to uni in Wales.

Scoobs
28-06-05, 06:55 PM

Whatever.

Only asked 'cos I lost the north / south argument.

Carsick
28-06-05, 06:57 PM
I always like to press home my advantage :wink:

Scoobs
28-06-05, 06:58 PM
I always like to press home my advantage :wink:

Yeah, well at least I am taller....damn

err.... at least I have more hair....d'oh

erm...at least I haven't got chicken strips....oh bollox.

YOU WIN.

Godikus
28-06-05, 06:59 PM

Whatever.

studying sheep anatomy?

Scoobs
28-06-05, 07:01 PM

Whatever.

studying intimate sheep anatomy?

Godikus
28-06-05, 07:02 PM
Thats what i was getting at... had to lower the tone didn't ye scoobs :P

hall13uk
28-06-05, 07:07 PM
pmsl ahh scoobs :lol:

Carsick
28-06-05, 07:07 PM
Just cos you guys are jealous of all my close woolly friends. :wink:

Godikus
28-06-05, 07:09 PM

not really. if you've ever been to scotland you would realise how hairy our women are

hall13uk
28-06-05, 07:10 PM
Just cos you guys are jealous of all my close woolly friends. :wink: :lol:
jealous me never :^o

Carsick
28-06-05, 07:10 PM

not really. if you've ever been to scotland you would realise how hairy our women are
I know a few girls like that. I've been out with a Greek girl and an two Italians. I bet they win in the hairy stakes.

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 07:11 PM
:offtopic: :why:

Totally and utterly derailed

:lol:

Carsick
28-06-05, 07:12 PM

Totally and utterly derailed

:lol:
Hah, like you can talk :wink:

Tara
28-06-05, 07:12 PM
Completely Fizz

hall13uk
28-06-05, 07:13 PM

Totally and utterly derailed :lol: funny cos that normally happens when you start posting

fizzwheel
28-06-05, 07:13 PM
:-dd :oops:

Godikus
28-06-05, 07:15 PM

I know a few girls like that. I've been out with a Greek girl and an two Italians. I bet they win in the hairy stakes.

My brother married an 18 stone dwarfe with a goatee! (It was longer than mine :shock: )

(keep on topic boy) mmmmmm BBQ

hall13uk
28-06-05, 07:25 PM
in a bid to get back on topic :) .
i shall not be able to book into my travellodge room until 3pm that day what time will we all be meeting that day roughly, perhaps if be nice to the front desk staff i will be able to leave my stuff there until i can check in :D ,

Viney
28-06-05, 07:42 PM
i shall not be able to book into my travellodge room until 3pm that day what time will we all be meeting that day roughly, perhaps if be nice to the front desk staff i will be able to leave my stuff there until i can check in :D ,
How much stuff you taking :shock:

hall13uk
28-06-05, 07:46 PM
How much stuff you taking :shock: well theres my make up, shoes, 2 dresses in case morti,T or ed turn up with the same frock on as me :roll: :lol: :lol: :oops:

nah not a lot really just a baglux bag just don't like carrying stuff around, not only that if i can't check in then i cant change out of my leathers either i will be sweating me bits off. :roll:

Carsick
28-06-05, 07:49 PM
Take your stuff down to b'mouth with you, change out of your leathers while you're at the beach then ride back to Liz's, check into the hotel when you go to crash out.
Alternatively you could check in after the beach and get a taxi to and from Liz's house, but if you don't drink anyway, that's not an issue.

hall13uk
28-06-05, 07:52 PM
Take your stuff down to b'mouth with you, change out of your leathers while you're at the beach then ride back to Liz's, check into the hotel when you go to crash out.
Alternatively you could check in after the beach and get a taxi to and from Liz's house, but if you don't drink anyway, that's not an issue. no i dont drink too much 2-3 at very most but i think i will still get a taxi or walk, dont fancy wearing my leathers allday just so i can use the bike.

Godikus
28-06-05, 07:58 PM
I'll probably be bringin' a fair bit. i'll prob get a crate while i'm down there (i might even share it)

gonna bring a tent and guitar 8) and a change of clothes

BernardBikerchick
28-06-05, 09:54 PM

arrr !! xx i shall walk round with a brolly over your head all day godikus so long as you keep me pink wine topped up !! hee h lol !!!!

bbc xx

hall13uk
28-06-05, 10:06 PM

arrr !! xx i shall walk round with a brolly over your head all day godikus so long as you keep me pink wine topped up !! hee h lol !!!!

bbc xx
u mean like a grid girl =P~ (will u also be wearing the lycra catsuit :wink: )

Godikus
28-06-05, 10:19 PM

bbc xx

heh heh how kind of you!

hall13uk
28-06-05, 10:25 PM
hold on i am confussed :? :? :? :?

i have booked the travel lodge in amesbury but we are meeting at Bournemouth beach correct so how far part are the two ?

Godikus
28-06-05, 10:36 PM
acourding to auto route about 35 miles. 35 odd min straight ride

fizzwheel
29-06-05, 07:50 AM

i have booked the travel lodge in amesbury but we are meeting at Bournemouth beach correct so how far part are the two ?

I think the plan is to Meet at Bournemouth chill on the beech and be social for the afternoon, then back to e.d.s in the evening for a BBQ and a p*ss up

I think.....

Tara
29-06-05, 07:53 AM

I think the plan is to Meet at Bournemouth chill on the beech and be social for the afternoon, then back to e.d.s in the evening for a BBQ and a p*ss up

I think.....

Thats what i thought too

Viney
29-06-05, 07:56 AM
That is the plan. Somehow i have been given the task of leadeing us all back form the beach to Chez e.d :D

fizzwheel
29-06-05, 07:59 AM
That is the plan. Somehow i have been given the task of leadeing us all back form the beach to Chez e.d :D

You are homing Viney remember ?

Scoobs
29-06-05, 08:04 AM

You are a homo Viney remember ?

That's not nice.

Shinsei Jutsu
29-06-05, 08:05 AM
So is everyone finding somewhere to stay that night, or are some people riding home? Just wondering cos I have no idea what I'm doing..

Tara
29-06-05, 08:08 AM
Staying - e.d. was gonna see if there were any b&Bs in Amesbury for us to look at

if not i'll check out some of the ones in the link she posted