PDA

View Full Version : JHS Racing

Cos
28-06-05, 02:09 PM
As i'm a Bristol boy should I use JHS to service my SV instead of taking it to a Suzuki dealer ?

They seem to be cheaper than the dealers but I guess it would invalidate my warranty

Anybody had any experience with them ?

Viney
28-06-05, 02:12 PM
It will not invallidate your warranty, as long as you can prove that the bike has been serviced according to suzuki specs!

Carsick
28-06-05, 02:13 PM
It can't invalidate the warranty, but I know nothing about the company other than what's said here.

Itching 2 go
28-06-05, 02:24 PM
I cant say a bad thing about JHS, but then I am in london

Red ones
28-06-05, 05:16 PM
Never been there, but James is a great bloke and I am confident that he wouldn't shaft you. His understanding of SVs is good (at least curvys anyway)

Haxsaw
28-06-05, 05:40 PM
Definitely! A whole world better than Fowlers who polished my bike with a brillo pad :hackedoff:

Went to JHS for my 4k service and chatted whilst they did the work. Be prepared for extreme abuse directed at the standard D220s if you've still got 'em!

squirrel_hunter
28-06-05, 06:15 PM
Definitely! A whole world better than Fowlers

True, but then Fowlers are the worst bike shop in the world, ever.

Cos
28-06-05, 06:54 PM
I think i'll pop down at the weekend and have a look if i get the time then

See what price they can do for high level slip on cans while i'm there :twisted:

Yes Fowlers is pants !!!

Red ones
28-06-05, 07:09 PM
Try their website http://www.jhsracing.co.uk/start.htm has prices on there

suzsv650
28-06-05, 10:14 PM
im in bristol to and im thinking of going to JHS raceing for my sevice even altho i havent been thire they sound alright and its just down the dual carageway for me :lol:

btw was it n e of you i saw on saturday about 12:15 going from longwell green to hicks gate roundabout (dual carageway) a blue SV and a yella one i think..... i was the siver one going to longwell green btw

altho both of the SVs were sexey curvey ones :wink:

Anonymous
29-06-05, 08:41 AM
Definitely! A whole world better than Fowlers

True, but then Fowlers are the worst bike shop in the world, ever.

My experiences of Fowlers have always been good ones. Experiences of very large dealers will always be mixed.

JHS seem well regarded. I spoke to them a few times on the phone about an M4 end can 'a very nice sound and at a good discount' but didnt go down that route as IMO the sound was average and the discount didn't seem to be a discount :wink:

northwind
29-06-05, 06:42 PM
I've bought parts from JHS and always been happy with the service, but I've been far from impressed with some of the other communications I've had with him... Things like telling me the rods from carbed and injected bikes are the same (they're not), telling me the 700cc kit has no implications for the reliability of the engine or more importantly the warranty ( :shock: ), or just suddenly stopping responding to emails halfway through an enquiry.

My personal favourite, when I asked if he could supply a replacement air filter for his stage 2 kit in the event it was damaged, he responded "WELL IF YOU ARE THAT HAND FISTED I WOULD NOT ADVISE YOU ATTEMPT THE FITMENT OF THE KIT." which was pretty funny, but also just such an unhelpful comment to a customer that i walked away entirely. I would have happily bought the kit if he'd reassured me about the availability of replacement parts in the event of contamination or damage, but he decided an insult was called for instead of an answer...

Shortly afterwards I criticised this on Visordown, and he sent me a very hostile PM on this forum questioning my right to criticise "the way he does business" and demanding that I give him a contact phone number so that he could "discuss" this with me. I declined, for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, he sells some fantastic kit, and he has a lot of satisfied customers. I'm just not one of them and I'm unlilkely to be again, since he's not displayed an attitude that inspires confdence or trust.

Bagpuss
29-06-05, 06:52 PM
I phoned up about some preload adjusters and due to the attitude of the guy I spoke to ended up not buying them. They just didn't seem that interested and I got the feeling it was very much of a oh that would be too difficult for you to fit type thing. Didn't bother fitting preload adjusters just uprated the springs. No idea on their quality beyond that one interaction which wouldn't make me go back.

Mike1234
29-06-05, 11:12 PM
I've had nothing but help and support from JHS. Always happy to discuss options and give advice even when I haven't ended up buying things. The things I have bought have always been fine so happy to recommend them.

yellowsvs
29-06-05, 11:56 PM
I spoke to them about sourcing some bigger Jets and got the same kinda fob of. He'd be happy to sell my £150 'rejet kit' but not a couple of jets for a couple of quid! Obviously far to complicated for me to fit myself in his view. :?

7clubs
30-06-05, 02:33 AM
James can have an abrupt manner and slightly unusual sense of humour, which make more sense when speaking to him in person. The standard of their workmanship is beyond reproach, however, as is their knowledge of sv650s (at least the curvy ones, from my own experience). I had my 4k service done there and they picked up a few niggles and sorted them out foc.

jonboy
30-06-05, 08:44 AM
This was your first ever post? Normally peeps say hello elsewhere, strange. Welcome to the site though.

:wink:

Mike1234
30-06-05, 09:26 AM
I spoke to them about sourcing some bigger Jets and got the same kinda fob of. He'd be happy to sell my £150 'rejet kit' but not a couple of jets for a couple of quid! Obviously far to complicated for me to fit myself in his view. :?

Erm, but they don't actually sell individual jets so how could they possibly sell them to you?

If a company only stocks complete dynojet kits are you suggesting that they should open up a box especially for you? Not quite sure how you can genuinely feel upset by this.

jonboy
30-06-05, 09:39 AM
If a company only stocks complete dynojet kits are you suggesting that they should open up a box especially for you?

Well it would certainly be a great way to get a new customer. And don't tell me that JHS doesn't have the odd jet or two lying about the place :wink: . But obviously how they do business is entirely up to them.

Mike1234
30-06-05, 10:32 AM
If a company only stocks complete dynojet kits are you suggesting that they should open up a box especially for you?

Well it would certainly be a great way to get a new customer. And don't tell me that JHS doesn't have the odd jet or two lying about the place :wink: . But obviously how they do business is entirely up to them.

Really? Given some of the responses on this board I would expect some whinging that they charged £3.50 for a simple little jet or asked for more than 27p postage and packaging.

jonboy
30-06-05, 11:50 AM

Really? Given some of the responses on this board I would expect some whinging that they charged £3.50 for a simple little jet or asked for more than 27p postage and packaging.

Well they either want the business or they don't. And as for whinging, yes there has certainly been some over the last couple of years.