PDA

View Full Version : Bike knocked over

Barney
28-06-05, 07:30 PM
I had a stupid person in a car knock my bike (sv650sy) over today. He reversed back in his car and he claims he didnt see my bike , even though he seen me park my bike about 15 mins before he knocked it over ...... Then to round it all off he drove off....
Anyway i got him and he admitted knocking the bike over .... I didnt know weteher to pull the head off him or laugh or cry.........

2000 Sv650sy...(unfaired)

Anyone know wot all this lot will cost (roughly) ... Im gonna ring a dealer in the morning to come and lift it........

Clocks smashed
Bent handlebars
Broken Clutch lever
Petrol Tank scraped
Back plastics below seat scraped
Gear changer bent
Twin spotlights dented

Thats most of the visible damage i can see......

Sorry if this dosent make any sense but im just alittle pi**ed off at the moment...

Cheers

Barney....

OF.uk
28-06-05, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear this. At least you caught him :twisted:
It shouldn't matter what the cost is as his insurers will pay out surely. And make sure you get a courtesy bike whilst yours is off the road.

Spiderman
28-06-05, 09:41 PM
Damn! Glad you caught the ****. Good on ya for not smacking him regardless of temptation cos that would have delayed getting insurance sorted i guess.

Good luck...and as of.uk said...make sure you get a bike...his insurnace will have to cover its costs.

admin
28-06-05, 10:13 PM
Seems to be the season for knocking bikes over. You have my sympathy, as I'm the same boat.
john

Jabba
29-06-05, 08:40 AM
It shouldn't matter what the cost is as his insurers will pay out surely.

And if he refuses to pay or deal with it through his insurers then shop him to :plod: for driving off................. :wink:

fizzwheel
29-06-05, 08:56 AM
:cry: gutted for you hope you get it sorted

Halonic
29-06-05, 09:15 AM
Sod the costs, call the local police right now and inform them that he failed to stop at an accident. Thats three (or 6? unsure) points on his license and a fine. The incident number and police action will make your claim against his insurance go without any problems. Also remember that you had to get a temp. bike whilst yours was off road, and you missed an important engagement with a friend that day because of his negligent actions.

Its not about vengance, its about pure bloody mindedness :twisted: :twisted:

Warren
29-06-05, 09:55 AM
yes. i agree. . tell the police, make sure he doesnt do it again.

Tris
29-06-05, 11:05 AM
Strikes me that if you got him, he admitted it was his fault and he has insurance it dosen't matter how much it costs.

He (his insurers) have to pay

Good luck

Carsick
29-06-05, 11:18 AM
Strikes me that if you got him, he admitted it was his fault and he has insurance it dosen't matter how much it costs.

He (his insurers) have to pay
I get the impression the point is to settle without insurance being involved.

I wouldn't shop him to the cops, necessarily, but I'd be bloody tempted.

As for costs, off ebay you could do it for less than £300, brand new I really dread to think, probably well over £1000.
I think it's likely he will want his insurance involved.

TC3
29-06-05, 11:41 AM
I had a stupid person in a car knock my bike (sv650sy) over today. He reversed back in his car and he claims he didnt see my bike , even though he seen me park my bike about 15 mins before he knocked it over ...... Then to round it all off he drove off....
Anyway i got him and he admitted knocking the bike over .... I didnt know weteher to pull the head off him or laugh or cry.........

2000 Sv650sy...(unfaired)

Anyone know wot all this lot will cost (roughly) ... Im gonna ring a dealer in the morning to come and lift it........

Clocks smashed
Bent handlebars
Broken Clutch lever

Petrol Tank scraped
Back plastics below seat scraped
Gear changer bent
Twin spotlights dented

Thats most of the visible damage i can see......

Sorry if this dosent make any sense but im just alittle pi**ed off at the moment...

Cheers

Barney....

You owe the bastid nothing as he dont give a toss about your bike. Shop him to the cops and make sure you get the bike fixed properly at a garage. If he had not drove off and offered to pay for the damage in cash that would have been different

Mogs
29-06-05, 11:44 AM
He's already shown his attitude with the drive off. He probably thinks "it's only a motorbike - its all cheap". As he wants to avoid informing his insurers, so that he doesn't lose his NCD. Once he knows the costs and then it's decided it's a claim situation then he will start thinking of ways to shift the blame onto you.

Start Squealing!

blue curvy jester
29-06-05, 12:06 PM
£2500 ISh

same damage as mine last year for same reason

norvidick
29-06-05, 09:10 PM
Just had a quote of £2536.28 for the same thing engineer looking at it tomorrow and mine is fully faired it even twisted the rear sub frame but the person that did it admited liability and it is with the insurance claim now.
Hope all goes well with your case and it is soon sorted.

Regards ****.

Peter Henry
29-06-05, 09:54 PM
I thought that only accidents were someone was injured are required to be reported? I could be wrong. However he did knowingly cause damage to someone else's property and it might be worth recording with the old bill on that score.
He then deserves to be tarred and feathered, because if you had not been around to witness the event...you would be about to foot a hefty bill. What a dishonest sh*t! :evil: 8)

greeno76
30-06-05, 08:14 AM
Oh dear. Sorry to hear that.
I hope you get it sorted.

I often take a snap of any threatening looking cars' plates with my phone just in case I find it on its side and the driver's done one.

Never needed it yet but I'm sure I will at some point....

J