PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :)

shearwood
29-06-05, 05:12 PM
hey there guys n gals,

really thinking bout buying a 2000 SV650S, just wondered if you could help me out with a few quieries.

What's it like to the gallon?
What is the top speed?
Do they handle well ?
Would you buy this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558229231&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) and is it worth the money ?

Any help appreciated, good to find a supportive community for this kickass bike, peace out :lol:

Carsick
29-06-05, 05:20 PM
Hi,

Somewhere around 50mpg.

About 130mph.

They can do. The front end is a bit soft and on the 2000 they have no adjustment, so that needs sorting out. Less than £100 for new springs and oil if you're heavy enough to need them.

Probably not, but I don't like the blue ones. It looks like a pretty good example and in fact, the guy selling it is a member here.

That price seems ok and I reckon it will go for a fair sum.

sv4me
29-06-05, 05:33 PM
:stupid: what he said :)

Funny you should mention handling, ive just bought stuff to upgrade the front. Depends on how fast you ride but the SV handles really well I think, nothing like a supersport but a lot more forgiving. And you can get braided lines, new fork springs and heavier fork oil to improve front end feel

That bike looks 8) not a bad price either. Go for it :thumbsup:

kinesin
29-06-05, 05:45 PM
hey there guys n gals,

really thinking bout buying a 2000 SV650S, just wondered if you could help me out with a few quieries.

What's it like to the gallon?
What is the top speed?
Do they handle well ?
Would you buy this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558229231&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1) and is it worth the money ?

Any help appreciated, good to find a supportive community for this kickass bike, peace out :lol:

howdy :D

lazy link (for the lazy) ;-) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558229231&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

tomjones2
29-06-05, 09:22 PM
hi mate

sv handle really well, on track days i regually find myself overtaking bigger bikes on the brakes and through the corners

:)

i reckon mine does about 130 and depending on how i ride i can go anywhere from 120-150 before the fuel light comes on and then 50 miles with the light on riding slowly, not sure what that works out on mpg though

suzsv650
29-06-05, 09:55 PM
alls been said exelent!

get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one get one