PDA

View Full Version : roof r10

graphikill
01-07-05, 03:06 PM
dont bother....
welll that might be a bit harsh.....

its a nice looking helmet, quiet and comfy, but when you change lenses from those winter months of wearing a clear visor to teh summer irridium then the bolts on teh side are made of teh cheapest alu that you could imagine, the shop advised me to use a large coin like a 2p but even this wrecks them, i now have an irridium lense that i cant take off because teh screws are goosed....

personal opinion..................if your gonna get a roof, get the boxer....

if not get an arai

jonboy
01-07-05, 03:20 PM
The R10 is liked by several peeps on the forum and as regards the side fixings, just a little care is all it takes I suggest, as I have seen the visor removal demonstrated with a 2p piece and it worked perfectly.

Certainly an excellent helmet otherwise.

Spiderman
02-07-05, 07:42 PM
i recently bough an agv and the visor ratchet wasnt working properly. i took it back to the shop and they called agv for me. Turns out they know about it and all the lids from that particular batch are affected so they send out a set of new base plates that arrived 2 days later.

Its amazing how diffrent they are in rigidity tho they are identical parts.

I'd call roof directly and explain that you now have a non legal visor firmly attached and that the need to give you a solution. It may be something they know about.

I'm curious why agv havnt recalled all the lids they know there is a fault with. After all some other people..especially new riders may think that they just bought a cheap lid and thats what you get with cheap lids. I'm betting there are a few people out there with one of these lids feeling that way cos they didnt wanna complain
Naughty agv

richwill68
06-07-05, 09:07 AM
Had my Roof RO10 for two years. Brilliant helmet, good fit for me, easy visor change. Where's the problem? :?

graphikill
06-07-05, 12:20 PM
i agree the helmet is quiet, and teh fit is nice, but the side screws are just to soft .. even in the shop when i bought it the guy had to replace them from where he was showing me the changing of lenses witha 2 pence....

i have e-mailed teh uk distributer and got no joy

will
20-07-05, 12:29 PM
for future reference, a £2 coin is the exact fit. i know what you mean about it being soft metal.

my biggest criticism of the roof is that the visor leaks from the top causing it to fog up even in fairly light rain. i was talking to someone else on the forum (swiss tony?) who has the same complaint.