PDA

View Full Version : have u been caught speeding on your bike in the uk?

tomjones2
01-07-05, 05:00 PM
i was wondering how many people have been caught speeding on there bikes

Stig
01-07-05, 05:04 PM
Where is the option "Yes, but I get let off/got away with it :?: :wink:

Stig
01-07-05, 05:06 PM
Oh there it is :lol: :lol: :wink:

Got pulled on the M4 for doing errrrr a very excessive speed, but just got a talking too.

Carsick
01-07-05, 05:46 PM
I've been caught more than once. Been let off and got points.

bendelfont
01-07-05, 08:07 PM
No, not on my bike, but twice in my crap Ford Sierra Azura in **** silver...
Typical :cry:

kwak zzr
02-07-05, 04:50 PM
carsick if you got points i would'nt call that "let off"
i aint ever been done but i'm sure it won't be long!
daz

Well Oiled
02-07-05, 05:40 PM
Few years ago now, but got pulled over by policewoman who's car didn't have the calibrated speedo, which I guess is not valid for doing you proper. Doing 45ish in 30. Got the 'produce documents' ticket.

NitroNorry
02-07-05, 06:38 PM
About 10 times in 28 years of car driving - but none yet in 2 months of bike riding. Hope it stays that way.
:roll:
Martin

Brand New
02-07-05, 09:04 PM
Pulled twice, once for drugs, once for speed. Both let off!!

and to clarify it was a drugs search, NOT that I was wibbling everywhere! :lol:

Tony-s
02-07-05, 11:16 PM
Are you serious lol

I got caught last year on the motorway undercutting two cager’s at around 120 mph at midnight “”****”” .What made it worse was I didn’t notice the Police Volvo chasing me for about 10 miles (No flashing lights) and when I slowed down to about 100 mph to look for my turn off I noticed it was getting very bright behind me lol.

Anyway, last week I went down for dangerous driving and this is what I got!!!!!!!!!!

# 12 month ban
# have to retake my bike/car licence extended version??? What ever that is (Probably have to wank the officer off lol)
# £300 for donuts/chips for hard working officer’s.
# and last but not least 90 hours community service.

Lovely jubbly thank you very much, oh and the evil bike (GSXR600K4) got nicked in Feb this year, so effectively I’ve been banned for much longer!!!, and of course the Police did not even come to my place to investigate, just handled the whole thing via the post lol.

Now before any upstanding citizens get on my case (I couldn’t care less for the record), I am guilty of driving dangerously, but the only person that would have got heart would have been myself, I NEVER speed through villagers / school’s etc, but I defiantly (Get it) speed on empty’ish motorway’s and those cars I undercut were doing at least 100 mph.

So I don’t feel sorry for myself, I played in the kitchen and got burned lol, will I do it again YES-----will I slow down before checking my mirror’s NO lol lol.

What ever """""oh forgot, this was my first offence--SO FAR lol time to get my money's worth lol :D

“”PUT T ON MY TAB PIG”” :twisted:

Lou M
04-07-05, 01:55 PM
Haven't had any points so far. But rode to West Wales this weekend and got past the first 500 miles post. So if I don't get a letter in the post shortly I'll be very surprised! :oops:

Viney
04-07-05, 02:05 PM
Car 3 times
58 in a 30 3 points
127 on the M4 5 points, £700 fine no ban (pleaded insanity)
34 in a 30 3 points

then i was good, cleared licence

Then..
bike

51 in a 30 with back wheel off the ground after i had noticed the camera van too late! 3 points and a good photo..i will find it one day and post it up ;D

creamerybutter
04-07-05, 02:15 PM
60 in a 30 as of yet not sure what the punishment will be.

will
04-07-05, 02:22 PM
well, things are getting cheaper for me:

82 in a 50 in my car in 1998 - 6 points and £525 fine :shock:
81 in a 50 on my bike in may 2005 - 3 points and a £60 fine :lol:

soon they'll be paying me :wink:

Mr Steve
04-07-05, 02:23 PM
only 1 moth of riding motorbikes under my belt so fortunatly nothing yet as have been wearing the new bike in.... but have been pulled over on push bike more than once for riding dangerously and speeding!

oh the fun of undertaking cars on the a3 at 50mph and getting them flashed by cameras.... :twisted:

Carsick
04-07-05, 04:25 PM
carsick if you got points i would'nt call that "let off"
i aint ever been done but i'm sure it won't be long!
daz
Like I said, I've been caught more than once. Got caught in a car years ago and got let off, got caught 6 months ago on the SV on the same stretch of road and at the same speed and got let off again, but with a stern warning (he was more concerned about idiots not looking when they turn than the illegality of my speed) and I've been caught by a camera.

Supervox
04-07-05, 04:59 PM
9 points (none on my SV) all on the VFR (2 in 3 days :cry: )

51, 58 & 60 all on 40mph dual carriageways with mobile cameras ?

Good news - my licence will be clean in Sept !!!

I have been VERY boring to ride with over the past 4 yrs :twisted:

Carsick
04-07-05, 05:03 PM
Pulled twice, once for drugs, once for speed. Both let off!!

and to clarify it was a drugs search, NOT that I was wibbling everywhere! :lol:
I've been pulled over and searched for drugs. Apparently using the other side of the road for better visibility is driving erratically. I couldn't be bothered to argue and watched as they searched but didn't check several good stashes I'd already discovered.

Moo
05-07-05, 04:36 PM
No I'am a good lad I am. :lol:

trickdup
05-07-05, 09:57 PM
Pulled for 125 mph on an SV on the A38 Plymouth on a Friday afternoon with Matty (RIP mate) riding his SV with GF on back. Put down as 98 mph and 3pp. Very lucky. Matty died 12 months ago today. :(

Matthew Prete Died July 5th 2004
As reported by the Plymouth Herald. Another sad loss to our ranks. John Tapley

"The grief-stricken brother and girlfriend of a motorcyclist killed on Monday today told of the 'huge gap' the 22-year-old's death will leave in their lives. Matthew Prete, from Woolwell, was riding his beloved Suzuki SV650 with a group of friends when he collided with a BMW at a notorious junction on the A390 at Gulworthy Cross, at about 8.15pm on Monday evening.

The former Estover Community College pupil was today remembered by his brother, Daniel, 26, and his girlfriend, Laura Wooldridge, 22, as a happy-go-lucky young man who lived for his work and his bike.

Matthew joined the RAF at 17 and spent three years at RAF Lyneham as a ground technician maintaining generators.
During his stint in the service Matthew spent six months in Kuwait, but he decided to leave because he missed his friends and family in Plymouth. Two years ago he came back to live with his mother, Joan, and started work as a car salesman at Haxby's, in Crownhill.

Matthew had been keen on motorbikes from a young age and when he was given a company car, he decided to treat himself to a high powered bike. He bought the Suzuki SV605 last October and enjoyed riding with friends and his girlfriend, Laura, around Devon and Cornwall.The couple had been going out for nine months and were planning to move in together in February after Laura completed her nursing training in Taunton.

Although Laura did not go out with Matthew the day he died, he was with six friends who will ride their bikes as part of Matthew's funeral procession next Friday at Efford Crematorium at 2.30pm.

Matthew's love of sports extended to jet skiing and he bought a jet ski with his brother which the pair would launch from Mount Batten. Matthew also enjoyed fishing and surfing the Internet.

Daniel remembered his brother as a talented salesman who would often be late home for tea because he had stopped to help someone fix their car. "He was a happy-go-lucky person who would speak to anyone and would do anything to help people."He would always put himself out to help others," he said. "He was just a happy, smiling face who was always there for you. You could rely on him and if you wanted something, Matthew was the person to see. "He could sell sand to an Arabian. He loved his job and every day he loved the thought that he was going to work. "He would start at 8am and not get home until 10pm sometimes. He was happy as a sandboy when he was at work."

All are welcome to attend Matthew's funeral but are asked to come in casual clothes. Family flowers only with donations in lieu to the RNLI and Devon Air Ambulance. Bikers are asked to ride their machines to the funeral"

Jabba
06-07-05, 10:24 AM
Up until this morning............................no :oops:

Currently sweating it out after going "too hot" into a Gatso zone after the red-mist had decended after being rudely carved-up by an elderly gentleman on a CG125. I was chasing him down to give him a piece of my mind............

.................oh, and he got away from me after carrying out some manouvres that will get him killed sooner rather than later. I let him go, before anyone comments :lol:

I was doing just under 40mph in a 30 limit and braked sharply into the Gatso zone. Didn't notice any flashes. Would I have done?

Speeding ain't big and ain't clever when you know exactly where the cameras are :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nickster78
06-07-05, 10:32 AM
Been caught in the car but not on the bike!

Carsick
06-07-05, 10:44 AM
Didn't notice any flashes. Would I have done?
If they were actually gatsos, then yes, you would have noticed the flashes. There are other options for camera types, though, and not all flash.

adam
06-07-05, 10:58 AM
Like I said, I've been caught more than once. Got caught in a car years ago and got let off, got caught 6 months ago on the SV on the same stretch of road and at the same speed and got let off again, but with a stern warning (he was more concerned about idiots not looking when they turn than the illegality of my speed) and I've been caught by a camera.

This stretch of road, where is it?

Carsick
06-07-05, 11:01 AM

This stretch of road, where is it?
between my house and lymington. It's not very long, it's just that it only has one junction on it which you can see quite clearly so I don't have any issues with going a little quicker when it's well outside school times.

Jabba
06-07-05, 11:04 AM
If they were actually gatsos, then yes, you would have noticed the flashes. There are other options for camera types, though, and not all flash.

Absolutely definitely rear-facing Gatso and I know that they would have to have flashed to have got me.

What I meant to ask, and what I probably didn't phrase too well was "Would I have noticed them as I was riding on my bike?"

Just how bright do the flashes appear to a rider?

Carsick
06-07-05, 11:07 AM
Pretty bright. I've never not noticed a flash. If it was at all dark then there would be no doubt whatsoever, in the daytime it's possible you could miss it but I reckon pretty unlikely.

Jabba
06-07-05, 11:10 AM
Pretty bright. I've never not noticed a flash. If it was at all dark then there would be no doubt whatsoever, in the daytime it's possible you could miss it but I reckon pretty unlikely.

Cheers mate* :thumbsup:

[* you can pay the fine if you're wrong :) ]

Carsick
06-07-05, 11:43 AM
[* you can pay the fine if you're wrong :) ]
Yeah, right, and I'll teach you how to get blood out of rocks as well.

Anonymous
11-07-05, 09:46 AM
1st - VASCAR caught racing a friend on his 7R, did me for average of 96.44mph overr 1/4 mile. Result= 5 points, £300 fine, court costs.

2nd - PROLASER III caught doing 54 in a recently lowered to 30mph zone. I thought it was still 40, still no excuse though. Result = 6 Points, £450 fine, court costs.

3rd - PROLASER III caught doing 94mph on A65 a week ago. Waiting for my court summons.. Estimated result = Ban under totting up, 12 month ban, £500 fine plus court costs..

:-(

Anonymous
12-07-05, 11:32 PM
I still don't see how you can be done by a mobile van when they are taking pictures of your front end with no reg on show in leathers with a helmet on!*

*Unless you were done by reverse facing vans!

tomjones2
13-07-05, 02:09 PM
I still don't see how you can be done by a mobile van when they are taking pictures of your front end with no reg on show in leathers with a helmet on!*

*Unless you were done by reverse facing vans!

a similar case appered in the press recently, they can take a picutre of you speeding from the front then take a picture of your number plate (when you are doing the speed limit) and if there is a policeman in the van they can be a witness to your crime, and letter in the post

rubbish system hey

Anonymous
13-07-05, 02:38 PM
Does it have to be a policeman, or a civvy in cops clothes?

tomjones2
13-07-05, 08:30 PM
Does it have to be a policeman, or a civvy in cops clothes?

not sure and anyone please correct me if i'm wrong but it could probaly be a civvy as well. I think that a cop has more influence in court (if you chose to challenge the ticket) because they are a policeman. I assume that anyone can be a witness to a crime and it is up to the various legal reprentatives to discredit the witness however important they may be. For instance before digital cameras (or normal ones) were used, traffic wardens were the only witnesses to parking offences because it was your word against theirs. Again i heard that the only evidence that police need to convict you of speeding is thier word that they followed at said speed in a car with a calibrated speedo and it is up to you to prove that were not speeding.

but again i'm no solictor so if anyone REALLY knows what they are talking about i'm sure everyone would like to know the facts