PDA

View Full Version : Ace Cafe - Bandit & SV Day

Supervox
03-07-05, 05:11 PM
Well, Snoopy & I were there with our curvy 650 & naked 1000 respectively, along with 2 or 3 other 650's . . .

. . . so what happened to the rest of you ??

To be fair, I have to say that the Bandit turnout was VERY poor considering the numbers around. I believe that it was 'sponsored' by The Bandit Owners Group of GB - NOT a terribly good advertisement for that club !!

northwind
03-07-05, 06:04 PM
Do you think they realise that their acronym is BOG?

There's also the Bandit & SV Owner's Club, but I could never see the point in joining while this site exists- more members, and free! Though I might join next year just to get my bike on the stand at the Scottish Bike Show.

wheelnut
03-07-05, 06:06 PM
Did all the dedicated SV owners ride up to Rugby for the Sheene Run?

I wanted to go, but got involved here :cry:

Supervox
03-07-05, 06:19 PM
Northwind - As a member of the Bandit & SV Owners Club I can say that membership of one does not preclude membership of the other !! :D :D

With the club I can get in free to shows & also get all those lovely discounts on offer - not just bandit & SV Mania these days either a VERY long list & still growing !!

IIRC, John (owner of 'Mania) & several of the Lincs based riders are heading up to the Kelso Show (in a couple of weeks ??) to meet up with their Scottish Section - so if you go - head on over to the club stand & have a chat.

northwind
03-07-05, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I know :) But there's so few people in the org north of the border that there's not much to be gained by it. If I'm at the Kelso show I'll keep my eyes open...

Sir Trev
04-07-05, 12:47 PM
Suzuki Day at the Ace is very well attended. I've been to the last two and the place was packed both times. The impromptu stunt show on the public road outside last year was very conspicuous though and I'm amazed the police did not have words.

This year it's on July 31st.

Supervox
04-07-05, 05:14 PM
Suzuki Day at the Ace is very well attended. I've been to the last two and the place was packed both times. The impromptu stunt show on the public road outside last year was very conspicuous though and I'm amazed the police did not have words.

This year it's on July 31st.

Were we at the same event last yr ?? :shock: :shock:

I thought the standard of stunting was pretty poor - with the exception of the young kid on the twist & go doing 'high chair' wheelies the whole length of the road !!

He made the other guys look real silly !!

Spiderman
04-07-05, 10:33 PM
well i was there with the g/f on the back, saw rider and TSM there too and deejay had gone down early on his new gixxer.

Another well organised meet from the london contingent then :lol:

But there are about 3 threads abot this that i have come across so that might have something to do with the confusion.

Anyway as i live only 10/15 mins from there i always like to pop by at some point over the weekend. Maybe see some of you guys there on the 31st for the Suzuki day :D

Moo
05-07-05, 04:37 PM
Didn't know about it. :lol: