PDA

View Full Version : ARLEN NESS LEATHERS

Ernie B
06-07-05, 12:47 PM
I have been looking at a lot of leathers on the internet and in local bike shops and up until now I had my mind set on the alpinestars tz-1 2pc. I've just come across the arlen ness 1790 and I'm not so sure anymore. Would they be as highly recommended as the alpinestars?

BURNER
06-07-05, 02:03 PM
The Arlen Ness are good, but don't rate the quality of zippers very high. I have a set, they're ok. If my bidget would have stretched to the alpinestars I'd rather go for them, IMHO... HTH.

Moriarty
20-07-05, 01:01 PM
I was looking at lehathers recently and in my taste tests, the alpinestars were good gear but wayyyyy overpriced. Arlen ness were good also and the new range has lots of nice features but I went for Richa in the end as Ive had good experiences with their textile gear and so far with the leathers (2pc) have not had any complaints about fit or build.

Another range to look at is Bering - similar stuff to the arlen ness range I believe and similar quality.

My advice would be to get yourself down to a big shop with lots of brands available and have a good old natter with the staff. You get to try stuff on and you get to find out what kit does what.

AlanSv
20-07-05, 01:32 PM
I think Jelster and TopCat bought Arlen leathers, and had all sorts of problems with them (knee sliders falling off at speed, being one of them)

You get what you pay for, and some Leathers are cheap for a reason, usually due to build quality, stitching etc.

I've had a set of Wolf leathers for a couple of years and I find them to be excellent. I've even gone down the road twice in them, and other than some scuffing, and some cosmetic marks they're still excellent.

Twit
21-07-05, 03:49 PM
If you are tinking of buying Alpine stars save your money head down to Crowtree and get some custom made, properly fitting, much better quality leathers for less dosh!

They are fantastic and I am sure anyone who has any would support that!