PDA

View Full Version : Dog Bones

davy
07-07-05, 07:57 PM
I have just bought some dog bones to lower my 650S. I found them on e-bay and cos they were so near, I made a trip to the shop to collect. The company is Sportbiketech and advertised on e-bay. They cost me £29.99 and are made from stainless steel. Great little shop on the outskirts of Sandy Bedfordshire and excellent service.

They lower the seat around 15mm. I fitted them in 10 minutes and lowered my fork tubes 10mm too, just to get the bike level again. Not really noticed much difference on the road, but manouvering the bike whilst sitting on the seat is a lot easier. If anyone wants more info about this shop or fitting the dog bones, please ask. :lol:

jon
24-07-05, 09:55 PM
As i live around 15 seconds from sandy and need to jack the rear of my bike up more to fit the underseats and more info about the company would be welcome.

davy
25-07-05, 07:21 PM
As i live around 15 seconds from sandy and need to jack the rear of my bike up more to fit the underseats and more info about the company would be welcome.
I bought my dogbones off E Bay and went to pick them up. They migh tbe able to make some shorter ones for your application.
The company is Sportsbiketech. Unit 8 Tyne Road, Sandy Beds. SG19 1SA. 01767 682233. E mail sales@motorcycles4less.co.uk Doug is the main man to speak to. :lol:

donniej
03-03-06, 09:31 PM

SVRaceshop.com sells a few sizes of shorter dogbones, the shorter they are the higher the tail lifts up.
I bought the shortest they sell (97mm) and it raised my bike 1.5" at the back of the tail.

I hear 95mm is as short as you can go before metal bits start colliding.

Hogzi
08-03-06, 07:15 PM
Hi,

I just bought some off e-bay but when I went to fit them they were the same size. I guess someone had fitted them before.

I want to jack the back of the bike up but am unsure what length I need or can obtain. I don't to unsettle the bike too much but don't mind a bit of tank slapping.

Does anyone know what the standard length is and do a few mm's make that much difference of should I be looking at cm's?

Cheers
All

Viney
08-03-06, 08:47 PM
This is quite a stress related part, and would not recomend stainless for them. They may fail. They should just be steel.

HTH