PDA

View Full Version : a question

Warren
09-07-05, 11:37 PM
not sure if this is the right place to post - but my g/f is after a curvy SV (dont know why . . . the pointy are much faster :))

but she is adamant that it must have a full fairing.

where is the best place to get the full fairing (the lowers i think there called?)

are there different styles available ? and how much is she lookin at for a set of colour matched lowers ?

having a CBR in not too familiar with these things :)

cheers

Warren.

kinesin
10-07-05, 01:50 PM
The best lowers are OEM (made by TCP) - colour match is spot on and they fit - however your local suzuki dealer will charge just under 300 quid for them :(

I think powerbronze do some strange looking lowers - most people prefer the oem look/colour.

It's worth noting that if you've fitted crash bungs then the lowers will need modification - which is nice.
You can cheap on ebay for lowers - but they always go for stupid money, even the cracked/in need of respray ones.

bendelfont
10-07-05, 06:53 PM
Yeh, lowers are a right pain to get - like kinesin said, lowers made by TCP are best fit and look - try www.banditmania.co.uk
The other lowers i've seen are all quite weird looking, and are quite obviously aftermarket... I've looked for ages on ebay, and they are quite rare - best just to bite the bullet and get 'em full price if you really want them - around £300

Iansv
11-07-05, 07:50 AM
if you'd said a month or so back I was selling mine..... but they gone now

They do come up on ebay sometimes tho, keep an eye out

graphikill
11-07-05, 10:40 AM
theres a few pairs on e-bay.... dont have the link, but spose if you get thewrong colour you can spray em up if you get em cheap enough

northwind
11-07-05, 09:26 PM
If colour's no object I've got a set in the garage, cut for old style R&Gs or similiar bungs- they're partly refinished for spraying but I decided not to use 'em halfway through. One panel is ready for priming, I think, the other still wants some more elbow grease as they had a lot of chip damage when I got 'em.

nickj
15-07-05, 05:06 PM
If your going to get lowers m8 then the OEM one's for the curvy are definitely the way to go, personally i've still not made my mind up if i like the lowers or prefer some of the belly pans you can get.

Have tried a few companies to get them to make me some road legal race fairing but can't get any to agree.

Warren
15-07-05, 05:08 PM
why would a set of fairing not be road legal ?

nickj
15-07-05, 05:15 PM
Race fairings don't have cut out for lights etc, and i'm not confiedent enough with a hacksaw to take one to a new set :lol: