PDA

View Full Version : Too tall?

Avtjr64
11-07-05, 01:31 PM
I am 6' tall w/34" inseam and am having problems getting comfortably situated on my 2000 sv650. The problem is my knee position - cant get them snugged into the tank. I tried altering the shifter lever - this didnt help. I have checked my riding position - balls of feet on pegs - not crowding the tank etc.. I wonder if anyone else has this problem or if there are aftermarket seats that could help.
Thank you in advance.
Avtjr64

thor
11-07-05, 01:56 PM
Some aftermarket adjustable rear sets might help. Basically you can move the pedals and pegs around.

GSXR Carlos
13-07-05, 07:55 AM
not to try to convert you, but some of the taller riders i know have defected to TDMs

ask Fubar from the Pennine Massive for his advice, tell him Backfire (Carl) sent you

jon
13-07-05, 09:56 PM
I'm 6" 3 and have trouble getting comfy. I slide around the seat depending on how hard i'm pushing - if i keep moving about i don't notice the comfort problems.

Either way i figure whatever bike i end up with i'll have size issues... just like when trying to buy leathers for a 44" chest and a 32" waist, nothing that looks good fits.