PDA

View Full Version : Ireland SV Rideout - coming soon to a road near you!

WicklowSV
20-07-05, 10:43 PM
Hi folks,

Due to the amazing success :D of the Scotland rideout I reckon we should return the favour!

So, if there were to be an SV meet in September, which would suit ye all better - the first w'end (2nd - 4th), or the second w'end (9th - 11th)?

This would give us a bit of time to organise the whole thing and also give the lads travelling further a chance to finance the trip. So let me know which weekend suits best and we'll go with it...

Myself and Dar will check out the routes (any excuse for a spin!), and organise something for after the ride on the Saturday.

Highlights should be...(terms and conditions apply :D )
Free accomodation for all
BBQ on the Sat night
Tour of the Wicklow/Kildare area

Some pics Dar and I took: http://members.lycos.co.uk/dar1984/pics/WicklowGap1.jpg http://members.lycos.co.uk/dar1984/pics/WicklowGap2.jpg

Spread the word and get folks to vote for the weekend that suits best - then we'll settle on a date and start working on numbers etc....

Cheers
Sean.

jim@55
20-07-05, 11:16 PM
count me in ..i missed the recent one(my mot had ran out) and by all accounts it was a cracker.iv not been on any rideouts yet so its a bit of 'a baptism of fire',dont know any peeps on here yet.but im not missing this one ,right then thats one to get the ball rolling,,whos next?,,,,roll up roll up pay the lady(as always) :wink: cheers all

irl_dar
20-07-05, 11:28 PM
wohoo
another one!!
this would be a great weekend!,
some nice roads down here but you have to hunt them down as they are quite rare :lol:
either weekend will do me!

rscosworth
21-07-05, 08:20 AM
either weekend is good for me but i have voted for the second as i have the week after to recover......

belfastbiker2003
21-07-05, 10:19 AM
BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for the second purely cause the 11th is my Birthday!!!!!!!!! Although thinking about it the G/f and folks wouldnt be too happy if I was away for it!!!

yvo6
21-07-05, 12:28 PM
I vote for the second weekend 9th - 11th cause its the only one i can make it to.

:riding:

:drink:

:thumbsup:

yvo6
21-07-05, 02:04 PM

I voted for the second purely cause the 11th is my Birthday!!!!!!!!! Although thinking about it the G/f and folks wouldnt be too happy if I was away for it!!!

The simple solution is to have 2 birthday celebrations - everyone happy - sorted!!!! :lol:

alka
21-07-05, 04:43 PM
Sounds great, either weekend suits me.
If ya wanted to include Sligo in the trip I could organise something food etc...
Well its a great idea hopefully there will be a good responce.
I'll start shining the bike ...lol

Alan

belfastbiker2003
21-07-05, 05:16 PM
I'll start shining the bike ...lol

Alan

And i will start dulling mine!!!!!

SVTONYB
22-07-05, 12:27 AM

I voted for the second purely cause its my 11th Birthday!!!!!!!!! Although thinking about it the G/f and folks wouldnt be too happy if I was away for it!!!

She likes younger boys does she :wink:

belfastbiker2003
22-07-05, 10:53 AM

I voted for the second purely cause its my 11th Birthday!!!!!!!!! Although thinking about it the G/f and folks wouldnt be too happy if I was away for it!!!

She likes younger boys does she :wink:

Oops - just noticed what I wrote - I meant it is my birthday ON the 11th not my 11th Birthday!!!! :oops:

SVTONYB
22-07-05, 11:25 AM
"Get the landing net Son........I've caught a big one" :lol:

PS. You got it right first time......I changed the quote 8)

rscosworth
22-07-05, 11:39 AM
"Get the landing net Son........I've caught a big one" :lol:

PS. You got it right first time......I changed the quote 8)

Tonys at it again - was that a coke or diet coke you ordered?

SVTONYB
22-07-05, 12:17 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: eh......I didn't :wink:

rscosworth
22-07-05, 12:34 PM

what kinda fish was that :P

Sure no minds if I order last but take the firstplate that arrives!!!!!!!!!!1 <- i never wrote that

belfastbiker2003
22-07-05, 02:34 PM
oops i managed to edit that last post instead of quoting it!!!!!!!! ah well - ross can take the blame

WicklowSV
22-07-05, 04:13 PM

Was wondering where my Coke and Fish n Chips went to!! :shock:

I think he was just tryin to chat up the serving girl!! :D

rscosworth
08-08-05, 06:04 PM
So far, we have Jim@55 and myself....

Theres bound to be some others!!!

haggis
24-08-05, 09:05 PM
Awww, can't get either weekend. :cry:

Wanted to go and revisit your lovely isle. Took the bike over last year for my birthday bash in Dublin :drink: then Galway, Sligo, Ennis, Belfast. About 4K miles all in, quite brilliant.

Have fun you lucky bleeders!!

alka
30-08-05, 02:40 PM
Just wondering what the latest on the ride out is and what sort of numbers are going. It seems alot of the Scotish group aren't going.

jim@55
30-08-05, 04:40 PM
we were going over at the start of september but everybody (apart from moi) had stuff to do so it never was arranged prop and as a result was just forgot about :cry: .i posted a msg for anyone who missed the original post but there was acrap response i.e NONE!!! i was looking forward to the whole thing but nothing happened ,,,ah well try,try again :wink: bit of a slap in the face for the irish,ask us over and no-one can make it.iv explained to our oversea friends and said thanks but ill b up to go if were asked again.

WicklowSV
31-08-05, 07:50 PM
Just wondering what the latest on the ride out is and what sort of numbers are going. It seems alot of the Scotish group aren't going.

Yup - afraid none of the Scots boys will be making it over. :( There's a few lads coming down from around Belfast and from Wexford. In total there'll be about eight or ten of us.

There's a few 'maybes' as well - but don't reckon they make it on the day. :(

alka
31-08-05, 08:16 PM
So its definatly on so?

WicklowSV
01-09-05, 08:04 PM
So its definatly on so?

Yep - might as well coz it'll be the last chance to have a meet before the summers out. Sure we'll get a good run and make the Scots boys wish they'd come along!! :D

alka
01-09-05, 08:13 PM
Nice one!!

belfastbiker2003
09-09-05, 09:17 PM
Sorry havent been on in a wee while guys - been tad bit busy - but just thought would wish you all the best for your trip - sorry i couldnt make it!!!!