PDA

View Full Version : Yvonne crashed bad!! update 28th july

belfastbiker2003
25-07-05, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone

I have just got a text off Yvonne - this is what it said

"Hi Hun. Wont be able to make the celtic Ride. Bike smashed up at track (she was at a track day yesterday - Sunday 24th). Broken wirst and smashed ankle. Happened at flat out left handed Debtors. Ran a little wide onto grass and bike caught and sommersalted"

So just letting you know - I will keep you updated if I hear more

Steve

jonboy
25-07-05, 05:26 PM
Really sorry to hear this, please keep us updated.

H62
25-07-05, 08:23 PM
Steve

If you get in touch with Yvonne, wish her a speedy recovery.

Harry

belfastbiker2003
25-07-05, 08:35 PM
Just off the phone with her - she needs a plate in her ankle and has broken her wrist bad too - is still in hospital and wont be out til maybe wednesday

She was going round the corner full pelt and went a bit wide catching the grass - which normally wouldnt be too bad except - the dirt under the grass had once been ploughed but never smoothed over again so when the bike caught one of the ripples it flipped her and the bike somersaulted too.

She has no idea how bad the bike is as she hasnt seen it yet but it hasnt put her off biking - she is talking of turning the bike into a track bike already!!!!

Steve

WicklowSV
25-07-05, 08:42 PM
Sh*t - thats really bad news. Best wishes to ya Yvonne and hope yer feeling better soon.

Take care
Sean

alka
25-07-05, 09:38 PM
Really sorry to hear about Yvonne's crash.
Hope she has a quick recovery!!

Get well soon!!

Alan

bluebell
25-07-05, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear this, can you pass on my best wishes and hope she makes a full recovery.

Daz
25-07-05, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear this :( :( :(

Get well soon Yvonne.

SVTONYB
26-07-05, 12:50 AM
Sorry to hear :(
pass our best wishes to her Steve
hope she heals as quick as she took the corner

irl_dar
26-07-05, 01:15 AM
crappy news :cry:
pass my best wishes onto her,
heal fast yvonne!

Sharpy
26-07-05, 04:52 AM
get well soon yvo, dont worry about those plates your nota tru biker till you got some of those so now your in the elite!

Cronos
26-07-05, 07:41 AM
Really bad news. Pass on all our best wished from SV Ecosse!

MattTheLoony
26-07-05, 08:12 AM

seconded, bad luck and get well soon.

morty
26-07-05, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I was down watching the trackday when it happened. Didnt see the accident but I knew it was her when her bike didnt come back round. I didnt manage to see the bike either but its probably not in good shape.

Hope you get well soon yvonne.

Cheers,

Paul

wheelnut
26-07-05, 12:56 PM
Send her best wishes from us all.

I was just intrigued with the subject line :o

Yvonne crashed bad,

Why do people use this I cannot imagine anyone having a good accident or crashing well.

Just my little bit of lite relief to make someone smile

Get well soon

Patch
26-07-05, 01:11 PM
GWS :(

Aurora
26-07-05, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear this, Get Well Soon Yvonne

Patch
26-07-05, 02:01 PM
I was just intrigued with the subject line :o

Yvonne crashed bad,

Why do people use this I cannot imagine anyone having a good accident or crashing well.

A good crash is any that you walk away from

GDBD59
26-07-05, 06:00 PM

seconded, bad luck and get well soon.

And from me too.

belfastbiker2003
28-07-05, 10:59 AM
UPDATE

latest text from yvonne

"Hi hun. Got new plaster on yesterday. Twisted and pulled it with no anesthetic....Dirtbags. Pain unbearable last nite running a temp etc. Dr looked at xrays - bigger mess now. Gotta go 2 theatre 2day. Least it'll b fixed right now!!"

Well update again when i know more!!!

SV-DIY
28-07-05, 11:09 AM
Hey there, I am a newbie so first things first and proverbial drinks to you all. I was just checkin out the irish riders and saw mention of this accident. I was at the corner after debtors when it happened and i was taking photo's so in a very dark and morbid way I may have a shot of the accident. :oops: I wish her a speedy recovery and also, thumbs up for women on the track!!

belfastbiker2003
28-07-05, 11:30 AM
Dont post the pics - unless i get the ok from yvonne thanks!!!! PM sent

SV-DIY
28-07-05, 11:33 AM
no way man dont worry, i may not have any anyway. She was down for a good while and i'm really glad to hear she is not worse off. I saw them wheel the bike away so Frame/ forks/ wheels must not be totally mangled, I think it slid more that rolled. Wish her my best.

belfastbiker2003
28-07-05, 11:40 AM
no way man dont worry, i may not have any anyway. She was down for a good while and i'm really glad to hear she is not worse off. I saw them wheel the bike away so Frame/ forks/ wheels must not be totally mangled, I think it slid more that rolled. Wish her my best.

No probs mate - cheers - i will let her know bout the bike

belfastbiker2003
28-07-05, 11:45 AM
I texted yvonne and she says if you have the pics to email them to me and I can forward them to her - silver fully faired curvy - cheers mate

SV-DIY
30-07-05, 08:38 PM
sorry but sadly i didn't get any of the accident and thats not surprising seeing as I probably couldn't get a clear shot of even a C90 :oops: on the rubbish camera. sorry bout that.

Simon

belfastbiker2003
31-07-05, 09:37 AM
sorry but sadly i didn't get any of the accident and thats not surprising seeing as I probably couldn't get a clear shot of even a C90 :oops: on the rubbish camera. sorry bout that.

Simon

:D :D :D no probs!!!

Anonymous
31-07-05, 10:20 PM
all the best to yvonne hope she has a speedy recovery

H62
01-08-05, 04:19 PM
Steve

Any more news about Yvonne.

What about her bike, has she been able to get it recovered or know the extent of the damage etc.

Harry

belfastbiker2003
03-08-05, 10:33 AM
Steve

Any more news about Yvonne.

What about her bike, has she been able to get it recovered or know the extent of the damage etc.

Harry

Latest text

"Hi Hun. Good 2 hear from u. Tell all it's nice to no they r thinkin of me. X all round. Finally got leg in plaster on monday and out for a few steps. Pain when blood hit toes after being on back 4 a week was mega! But each day it will get better. Hope 2 get home near end of week 2 start packing. Moving out of flat into 2 storey house durin 8th not best option... think of the fun comin downstairs on a tea tray. Whoo Hoo. Dont know bout bike. Just told 'it needs work' xx"