PDA

View Full Version : Cloggsy's new Scoot :o)

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 07:50 PM
I've been out playing today... I collected my new 'toy' at about 2:30 this afternoon & been messing about on it ever since :twisted:

What an awesome bike (even if I do say so myself :twisted:)

http://www.hvweb.co.uk/cloggsy/ktm1.jpg

http://www.hvweb.co.uk/cloggsy/ktm2.jpg

http://www.hvweb.co.uk/cloggsy/ktm3.jpg

http://www.hvweb.co.uk/cloggsy/ktm4.jpg

http://www.hvweb.co.uk/cloggsy/ktm6.jpg

The mirrors leave something to be desired, they're the best blind-spot mirrors I've ever had... But everything else was truely awesome... Went for a little 'blip' to Bedale -> Masham -> Leyburn -> Bedale, when I got back (as Richie was waiting for me when I returned) Then Rich went home for Tea, so I rode to my place of work for a few piccies (above.) Hope you like her - She's still a V-Twin (& an absolute hoot to ride :twisted:)

120 miles covered, many more to come :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ooops :oops: Forgot to mention the brake... AWESOME! Brembo's are the daddy :!:

Scoobs
29-07-05, 07:53 PM
Nice piece of kit "C" :thumbsup:

keithd
29-07-05, 07:56 PM
not my cup of tea, but i'd never knock another mans wheels. may you have many happy safe riding hours together!

ps that no. plate is illegal. there's no numbers or letters and stuff

amarko5
29-07-05, 08:05 PM
words are not needed so i will use icons instead

:lol: :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bluebell
29-07-05, 08:10 PM
Very nice.

Richie
29-07-05, 08:11 PM
But it's not in the Fastest colour....

ok... You know I like it.

Or as Roy Walker woulds say

"Hummm Nice Wheels."

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 08:12 PM
:lol: :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers bud, knew you'd approve ;) :twisted:

El Saxo
29-07-05, 08:13 PM
No, I'm not jealous, not me :-dd

Very, very nice indeed!

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 08:13 PM
"Hummm Nice Wheels."

Yup... Lightweight Brembo's :love: :D

Richie
29-07-05, 08:18 PM
"Hummm Nice Wheels."

Yup... Lightweight, Brembo's :D

it's say's wheels, not asking about you as a Drinking Partner. :wink: :drink:

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 08:24 PM

:roll: Wish I was a lightweight (drinker... Before anyone says owt :roll:) It'd save me a fortune...

How's the Vodka Rich :?: :wink:

SPeeeeDY
29-07-05, 08:26 PM
Very nice :mrgreen:

What made you choose the 950SM over the Super Duke?

SPeeeeDY

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 08:46 PM

I just prefer Supermoto's... Plus the Superduke only does about 65 miles on a tank of fuel :shock:

kwak zzr
29-07-05, 08:48 PM
very nice cloggsy :thumbsup: the "V" twin is in the blood! :D

SPeeeeDY
29-07-05, 08:51 PM
Thats a good enough answer for me.

65 to a tank....how come i no longer like that bike..lol

It does look a very nice bike (yours) i bet it handles a dream on the twistys with those high wide bars. How long untill it is run in? I bet that thing will have the front end skywards on the exit of every bend (if your a little heavy handed on the power pole!) once its run in

Take it steady.....until you get used to it!!! :twisted:

SPeeeeDY

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 08:56 PM
I bet that thing will have the front end skywards on the exit of every bend (if your a little heavy handed on the power pole!)

Hell yes :twisted:

Peter Henry
29-07-05, 08:59 PM
Cloggsy....Absolutely cracking mate! Yeah brembos are a bit good aren't they? Do yours make a strange almost buzzing/whine sound when you start to apply them?

Lots of little nooks and cranny's on that bike to help you while away many hours when cleaning her mate.be safe and enjoy! :lol: 8)

kwak zzr
29-07-05, 09:02 PM
what kind of bhp do they put out?

Richie
29-07-05, 09:22 PM

:roll: Wish I was a lightweight (drinker... Before anyone says owt :roll:) It'd save me a fortune...

How's the Vodka Rich :?: :wink:

Didn't get any as I'm going out tomorrow night... :wink:

Jelster
29-07-05, 09:26 PM
Nice ride Bro'.......

I'd love to have a good play on a Supermoto, but they don't do them for short arses like me :cry:

Have fun on it mate, even though I'm a sportsbike man, I have to say it looks the dogs....

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 09:53 PM
what kind of bhp do they put out?

100 Bhp :-dd :D

kwak zzr
29-07-05, 09:55 PM
bloody hell i bet that shifts then! arnt they gear'd for 0-60 and not so much top end?

Cloggsy
29-07-05, 09:58 PM
bloody hell i bet that shifts then! arnt they gear'd for 0-60 and not so much top end?

It hasn't got a rev counter, but it gets upto 8000 ish RPM & it flies...

Just checked the manual about running in...

6th gear (no more than 105 Mph :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

northwind
29-07-05, 10:00 PM
Just so we're completely clear, I want that :) I'd not leave it stock, don't like the colouring of the frame vs plastics, but what a machine. And somehow the supermoto's more practical than ths superduke. You're a lucky ******!

kwak zzr
29-07-05, 10:19 PM
shud u really be at 8000rpm while running in :shock:

Dan_SV
30-07-05, 01:39 AM
Vewwy Vewwy nice. I'll take it off your hands if needs be :wink:

Do you plan on actually riding this one :lol: Only joking mate....

Danno

Richie
30-07-05, 05:12 AM
Taken from the Pennine Massive section.

I am sitting here patiently (NOT) waiting on all the photo's to flood in especially with ming the mercyless smileing :D :D

a very wide grin indeed :mrgreen:

Just doin' em Mark mate... Bear with me ;)

You won't be able to see the bike 'cos of the Big Cheesy GRIN

By gum she goes.....! Nice.... even on the twistys...... As I Followed him... you should really bed those tyres in M8 :twisted:

you should really bed those tyres in M8 :twisted:
I'd done 70 odd miles by then mate... Done 120 odd now ;) She's having a ittle nap now before next playtime :twisted:

timwilky
30-07-05, 06:07 AM
If it is what floats your boat, then be very happy.

I know you have been hankering after one for way too long. Did it come with complimentary tin of polish?

K
30-07-05, 07:59 AM
Sexy in black. 8)

Saint Matt
30-07-05, 08:05 AM
That's a great looking bike cloggsy! Congrats!

EDIT: I've done just over 500 miles in 8 days, I love my new toy too!

Anonymous
30-07-05, 08:57 AM
Very very nice....but you know I think that by now, so merely a courtesy post
:lol: :lol:

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 10:57 AM
Do yours make a strange almost buzzing/whine sound when you start to apply them?

Yup, great sound... Sounds like an effect off Star Wars :D

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 10:59 AM
Very very nice....but you know I think that by now, so merely a courtesy post
:lol: :lol:

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 11:02 AM
Taken from the Pennine Massive section.

I am sitting here patiently (NOT) waiting on all the photo's to flood in especially with ming the mercyless smileing :D :D

a very wide grin indeed :mrgreen:

Just doin' em Mark mate... Bear with me ;)

You won't be able to see the bike 'cos of the Big Cheesy GRIN

By gum she goes.....! Nice.... even on the twistys...... As I Followed him... you should really bed those tyres in M8 :twisted:

you should really bed those tyres in M8 :twisted:
I'd done 70 odd miles by then mate... Done 120 odd now ;) She's having a ittle nap now before next playtime :twisted:

You didn't tell everyone how much you liked my 'copper nuts' Rich :D :oops:

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 12:07 PM
You actually gonna ride this one? :lol:

If I had a £5 for every time someone said that :!:

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clunk
30-07-05, 12:08 PM
Very smart 8)

Good to see you finally get your hands on one, you seem to have been after one for ages.

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 12:10 PM
Good to see you finally get your hands on one, you seem to have been after one for ages.

Yup... There aren't any more in the country now until March 06...

Mine was the last black one available :D

hall13uk
30-07-05, 12:30 PM
thats a damm fine looking bike 8) . can you get R&G's for those bikes :?: :?: or are they not ment to have them.

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 12:33 PM
can you get R&G's for those bikes :?: :?: or are they not ment to have them.

Dunno, but I'd like some just in case :oops:

I might give 'em a shout, but I remember Lee Simons having no end of bother with them when they were going to borrow his bike to make some up for the K3 bike...

Might e-mail 'em ;)

hall13uk
30-07-05, 12:36 PM
can you get R&G's for those bikes :?: :?: or are they not ment to have them.

Dunno, but I'd like some just in case :oops:

I might give 'em a shout, but I remember Lee Simons having no end of bother with them when they were going to borrow his bike to make some up for the K3 bike...

Might e-mail 'em ;) should give them a call u got there number :?: if not its - 01420 521101

or e-mail - info@rg-racing.com

BURNER
30-07-05, 12:42 PM
Excellent bike Cloggsy, enjoy it :thumbsup:

zx6man
30-07-05, 02:47 PM
Can I have a GO?

Cloggsy
30-07-05, 06:32 PM
Can I have a GO?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/images/Tumbleweed_Dunes.jpg

Peter Henry
30-07-05, 08:21 PM
Hey Cloggsy...remember that putting your foot down when cornering is all part of the deal as a Supermoto pilot. It is not at all "pussy riding." In addition it would be awfull rude if you did not perfect the back end sliding through bends routine also.It is all part of club membership! :lol: 8)

I tell you what, you get some good sports tyres on that and nothing,but nothing will leave you in the curvey's! :lol: 8)

Anonymous
30-07-05, 08:52 PM
Not too much to do with Cloggsy's Katoey, but I have a dim recollection (and Peter dear will confirm or correct me) that when the Yanks came over for the first Transatlantic Challenge, a few of them were wont to slide the bikes, foot down. In fact, was it perhaps Dave Aldana on a Harley flat-tracker? He shook up a few of the more traditional-style riders!

Later, I seem to remember that King Kenny campaigned a Yamaha TZ750 flat-tracker....and I bet he really needed both his feet down with THAT!!!

Quiff Wichard
30-07-05, 09:00 PM
THAT is a nice bike..I like..

But what a big front door you have !!

if I had to donkey stone those steps b4 me mam wud let em out to play I wud never have got to Dos out on the street corners.!!

Peter Henry
31-07-05, 07:48 AM
El Bocadillo,

Not too familiar with Mr.Aldana I am afraid.But King Kenny,yes! He started out in Dirt Track racing as a lot of the American riders do. That is why generally the American riders are more at ease with sliding the back end under braking and when powering out of bends.

I think it was Randy mamola that really brought the whole "power slide" thing to the wider audience and it was incredible to watch such control as the back wheel was used to steer the bike when still leaned over.

Nicky Hayden was having fun yesteray in practice and he "was letting it hang out" :shock: on occasion which makes great viewing. The Spanish commentators passed comment comparing his style with the more traditional European style like say Barros and Biaggi.

Good race potentially today! :lol: 8)

Anonymous
31-07-05, 09:09 AM
I remember the American "flat-track" style....Bikes with high bars - rider flat on the tank down the straights, right hand on the throttle, left hand grasping the upper fork leg. Sit right up on the bends, foot down and power full-on.

Can't wait to see Cloggsy doing that along the A684!!

amarko5
31-07-05, 08:59 PM
Spotted this on hartside today ok its orange but looks strangly familiar

http://www.hartsidepics.com/sun31stjuly052/pages/_MG_4953.htm

and here

http://www.hartsidepics.com/sun31stjuly052/pages/_MG_4954.htm

Cloggsy take note this is what you do :P :wink:

http://www.hartsidepics.com/sun31stjuly051/pages/_MG_4690.htm

or here

http://www.hartsidepics.com/sun31stjuly051/pages/_MG_4816.htm

hall13uk
31-07-05, 09:05 PM
whats the reason for putting your leg out :? is it incase your rear steps out :?:

amarko5
31-07-05, 09:21 PM
whats the reason for putting your leg out :? is it incase your rear steps out :?:

most of the supermoto boys deliberatly step the rear out so a foot down is a good idea :lol:

northwind
31-07-05, 09:35 PM
Is it not more for balance? They don't seem to actually have their feet down that often- and at that angle I doubt you could take that much weight. Especially since that'd tend to make your feet grip and drag back.

Try it yourself while doing some real slow riding on a regular bike- I often stick my right leg out and forward while riding in traffic, really makes a difference.

amarko5
31-07-05, 09:51 PM
Is it not more for balance? They don't seem to actually have their feet down that often- and at that angle I doubt you could take that much weight. Especially since that'd tend to make your feet grip and drag back.

Try it yourself while doing some real slow riding on a regular bike- I often stick my right leg out and forward while riding in traffic, really makes a difference.

he was just posing to be honest although when i was at the cafe he dis come round the parabolic with the foot dragging and the back end sideways :lol:

Anonymous
31-07-05, 10:12 PM
looks great, sure you dont want to give me a shot :lol:

Anonymous
31-07-05, 10:12 PM
of the bike :?

jonboy
01-08-05, 08:24 AM
Looks very nice, what made you choose that over the Super Duke? And how painful is the seat? :lol:

fizzwheel
01-08-05, 08:35 AM
I must say that does look very nice indeed

Enjoy your new bike 8)

Cloggsy
01-08-05, 09:10 AM
Looks very nice, what made you choose that over the Super Duke? And how painful is the seat? :lol:

I copied this from earlier in the thread (bottom of page 1 :wink:)

I just prefer Supermoto's... Plus the Superduke only does about 65 miles on a tank of fuel :shock:

Thats a good enough answer for me.

65 to a tank....how come i no longer like that bike..lol

It does look a very nice bike (yours) i bet it handles a dream on the twistys with those high wide bars. How long untill it is run in? I bet that thing will have the front end skywards on the exit of every bend (if your a little heavy handed on the power pole!) once its run in

Take it steady.....until you get used to it!!! :twisted:

SPeeeeDY

BTW, the seat is really comfy (so far) :D

Cloggsy
01-08-05, 09:12 AM
I must say that does look very nice indeed

Enjoy your new bike 8)

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks Bud :wink:

Anonymous
01-08-05, 10:48 AM

I think its more a balnace and weight shift thing. Im not so sure your really meant to just stick your leg out as kind of push your weight forward led by that leg. At least thats what I was taught to do on my enduro adventure. I stand corrected tho as its not entirely clear to me.

It is quite possible to turn too tight with leg forward and drive your leg into something like a bank tho, which is what I did clipping a dirt bank. Pulled leg back sharpish tearing thigh muscle. A little sore and still is a bit. :shock:

Cloggsy
05-08-05, 12:22 PM
Have to say, I haven't gotten around to sticking my leg out yet... :D

hall13uk
05-08-05, 02:01 PM
i have just three words for you cloggsy AFTERMARKET CARBON FIBRE

:wink: :lol:

Cloggsy
05-08-05, 02:18 PM

:roll: Someone pass the Kleenex :D

hall13uk
05-08-05, 08:04 PM

:roll: Someone pass the Kleenex :D pmsl

sd1cko
11-08-05, 02:23 AM
VERY nice! I must admit, ive been looking at a supermoto (the 525 smr/smc) for my next possible bike (will help stop me getting more points which is a bonus) but im worried that chasing gixxers n the likes will maybe go out of the window?
I bet that theyre far more fun to ride than the sv or a sports? I really do envy you, but im a little hesitent to make such a big step at the moment. May take a little convincing (or a test ride :P ,if i can find somewhere with a demo road going smr/c)

VERY nice tho, also nice choice of colour, as i think the KTM orange on some of there bikes makes em look like a 'tonka toy' :oops:

Cloggsy
13-08-05, 01:59 PM
VERY nice! I must admit, ive been looking at a supermoto (the 525 smr/smc) for my next possible bike (will help stop me getting more points which is a bonus) but im worried that chasing gixxers n the likes will maybe go out of the window?
I bet that theyre far more fun to ride than the sv or a sports? I really do envy you, but im a little hesitent to make such a big step at the moment. May take a little convincing (or a test ride :P ,if i can find somewhere with a demo road going smr/c)

VERY nice tho, also nice choice of colour, as i think the KTM orange on some of there bikes makes em look like a 'tonka toy' :oops:

Give EuroTec in Ripon a call, they're LC4 dealers.

www.ktm.co.uk[/url])]Eurotek All Action Sport
16 Camp Hill Close, Dallamires Lane,
Ripon, North Yorkshire
HG4 1QY
Tel: 01765 608209
Fax: 01765 608223
E-Mail: mark@eurotekktm.com

I had to go to Newcastle for my nearest LC8 dealer :roll: