PDA

View Full Version : Hood Armoured Jeans

SVeeedy Gonzales
30-07-05, 07:02 PM
How's that for service - got in touch with Hood Jeans and sent them some pics of their jeans after a high speed accident. They asked if I could send the jeans and armour back and are sending a free replacement pair by return post.

Now that's good service :thumbsup:

Now I just need to call Suzuki and see if they'll do the same for me on the SV... :shock:

Scoobs
31-07-05, 08:42 AM
:shock: Result.

Well done to Hood!

embee
31-07-05, 04:23 PM
That's excellent, they obviously know a thing or two about customer relations and free advertising (how many people have you just told?) :lol:

SVeeedy Gonzales
31-07-05, 07:06 PM
Have told loads of people at work and they've probably had at least 4 orders in the last month from the guys at work who ride (in normal jeans) and saw how well the hood jeans protected me.

In general the whole thing has been good in terms of people wanting good biking gear - one guy has since decided to get his scooter (ok not a bike but it's a start!) for riding to work and I think part of his decision was based on the fact that I crashed pretty badly and came off with light injuries all because I had the right gear on.

Jelster
31-07-05, 08:22 PM
Can you tell me if:

a) Any additional armour is carried in "pockets" within the jeans ? I don't fancy having the armour rub directly against my knees's.

b) Can you have additional hip and rear armour, or just on the knee's.

I'm thinking of getting a pair, but I want to be able to remove the armour when I get to where I'm going...

SVeeedy Gonzales
01-08-05, 07:50 AM
Can you tell me if:

a) Any additional armour is carried in "pockets" within the jeans ? I don't fancy having the armour rub directly against my knees's.

b) Can you have additional hip and rear armour, or just on the knee's.

I'm thinking of getting a pair, but I want to be able to remove the armour when I get to where I'm going...

The armour is velcro'd to the lining and sits between the jeans and the lining. It's not in contact with your skin, though you can feel it there and make sure it's in the right place.

They only had hip and knee armour, no rear - can have any of them in or out as you want though. Need to turn the jeans inside out and have a bit of room to get at the armour though, takes about 5 minutes, maybe longer the first time, but with practice it's quicker.

Also, they are heavier and thicker than normal jeans due to the lining. I'd wear them on a biking day out, but I'd change at the other end if possible/for work as the extra thickness/weight/stiffness make them hotter and harder work - they're about the same as textile trousers in that respect. The lining is sewn in so has to stay.

GC-SV
03-08-05, 06:35 AM
I would be interested in a pair myself.
What is the website address and what sort of money are the jeans?

SVeeedy Gonzales
03-08-05, 08:23 AM
I would be interested in a pair myself.
What is the website address and what sort of money are the jeans?

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk

expect around £84 for jeans with both knee and hip armour, including delivery.