PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, another undertray question..

Jase22
08-08-05, 08:56 AM
Hi all

I appreciate this topic has been brought up on a number of occasions, sorry to bore you all but I'm also looking for a little help with undertrays.

My bike is a 2000 curvy faired model, and was wondering if anyone knew of an undertray that maintains the rear mud guard or do they all involve some form of chopping down of the guard?

To add a little variety to the question, I'm also looking for a belly pan (I don't really fancy the whole fairing lowers) and was wondering if anyone had opinions on places that do the best fitting or most stylish pans?

Just to try narrow it down a little, I'm in the UK so a UK supplier would be best.

Any help would be much appreciated, and pictures would be even better!!!

Cheers
Jason

Jase22
09-08-05, 08:11 AM
Anyone?

Makiavel
09-08-05, 07:56 PM
To install any undertail you'll have to cut your mud guard.

The way an undertail is made, you cannot let your mugd guard on.

Take a look at this: http://www.rumbleimport.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=8

northwind
11-08-05, 08:39 PM
Well, not true that you'll have to cut it- some are full replacements, like the TCP one- but there's none that keep a worthwhile moudguard. I don't think it makes much difference myself, especially if you have a legal sized plate...

As for bellypans, IMO the Pyramids one is the only option. fits great, and looks better.

fennell
16-08-05, 03:30 AM
Also it sort of defeats the purpose of having an undertray if you keep the monster black plastic shovel!

Jase22
16-08-05, 08:13 AM
What I was also getting at was that I was wondering whether the trays like the Pyramid one allow for you to keep the numberplate light? I've looked at the TCP one and that seems to do, but do trays like the Pyramid one rely on light from the brake light? And is that completely above board?