PDA

View Full Version : Nail in back tyre... any good garage in central london?

argatxa
08-08-05, 01:41 PM
I just realised yesterday when I was chaining it to a lamp post... #-o #-o , the tyre is not loosing pressure but I would like to fix it ASAP...

anybody knows about a good garage in central/north east london in which I can change it on a pit stop?

Cheers!!!

Valman
08-08-05, 02:42 PM
If you want it fixed on the spot then The Cavalry is your man, freephone 0800 956 7594, or mobile 07974 260311. Otherwise Sid Squid would say the only place to go is Essential Rubber (http://www.essentialrubber.co.uk/).

argatxa
08-08-05, 02:59 PM
fantastic!!! 2 minutes away from where I live!!!

and they open at 8 in the morning.... very good... I will try to arrange a fix druing the week very first thing in the morning...

sniff sniff I hope I don't have to change it... that tyre had only 1500 miles!!! Shall I stick to the Dunlop 220? arrgg...

argatxa
08-08-05, 03:06 PM
forgot on my excitement....

Thanks a lot!!!

:wink:

Viney
08-08-05, 03:16 PM
fantastic!!! 2 minutes away from where I live!!!

and they open at 8 in the morning.... very good... I will try to arrange a fix druing the week very first thing in the morning...

sniff sniff I hope I don't have to change it... that tyre had only 1500 miles!!! Shall I stick to the Dunlop 220? arrgg...

If you can afford a new set of tyres then no, if you cant, then yes. Dont even ask what tyres you should get ;) ANYthing is better than the stock tyres, so you will notice an imense difference no matter what you put on.

Choose from

Bridgestone 020's/010's
Conti road attacks
Metzeler Road tec Z6's

They seem to be the 3 flavours

argatxa
08-08-05, 04:35 PM
mmm.....

My wallet is suffering from exhaustion!!! motorbike, helmet, gear, insurance... now new tyres.. Naively I thought that I was going to have a month for recovery!!!

And of course there is no way to get away with just changing the rear one, have to be both.... [tapping on to the table] mmmpppffffffff ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I think that I am going to stick to the infamous Dunlop, I still have long way to get the best of them (if there is any best) and, at the pace I am doing miles, they will not last more than a few months... besides it is still summer...