PDA

View Full Version : Blue K3/4 Polished frame at dundrod!

SV-DIY
14-08-05, 11:18 AM
So does this belong to anyone on here?? Frame and swingarm were polished up and it looked real good. there was a little breather hose and filter coming out of the oil filler cap? Is it just some aestheics or does it have a purpose cause i'm no mechanical genius but it seems a little pointless! Also where did you get your steel over - braid for your rubber hoses! looked good but your not fooling me!! Great looking bike though and slightly different mods!

SVictim
18-08-05, 09:31 PM
Hi there,

Regarding the polished frame and swing arm looking good, this was the reason why I bought this bike rather than a new '05.

Everything on the bike was like this when I bought it excluding the fenda extenda, Suzuki mushrooms and bobbins. The breather does work but it is predominantly for aesthetic purposes - that little edge of individuality. I don't know where the steel over-braid came from but if it's that important we could always go for a run to Derry and discuss this matter with the guy who did the mods.

Incidentally, thanks for the compliments towards the bike (and I agree without meaning to sound too smug). The bike caught my eye in the Auto Trader and I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it in reality. Therefore, I paid over the odds for the bike I really wanted.

Like to meet you as I live in Belfast and I'm fanatical about the SV.

Cheers.

Sharpy
21-08-05, 09:40 PM
:grouphug: Welcome to the site m8, hope your able to access the forums again now.

Is the polished frame laquered or is it a bare finish, just enquiring as it must take a fair bit of work to keep clean.

Anyway welcome again glad to see some new members and as with anyone new if yu have any pics of your bike be sure to email them to me and i will get you added to the members page of totalsv.co.uk

:)