Hi all hope you like my pics of Deal's Gap and the south east US

Photos:
http://www.geocities.com/jsanchez_73/

Short Movie:
www.rollingsquare.com/dealsgap.wmv

PS: Wish we could find some more SV riders here in Miami, FL to ride out with

German bird
16-08-05, 05:42 PM
Great pictures! Looks like you had a good time. Why are all these bike bits hanging from the tree? :oops:

SpankyHam
16-08-05, 06:09 PM
Pics don't work at the moment

Downloaded the video - nice :thumbsup:

Wrong choice of music though. :? :P

Do you even know what the chick sings in the first song ?

Translation for everyone : "We dance in a square , we dance concentrated"

jpsm
16-08-05, 09:02 PM
Why are all these bike bits hanging from the tree?

Ah yes... "the tree of shame", this is at the begining of Draggon's tail where people leave their broken bike parts when they get bitten by the draggon's 11 miles of twisties.

Do you even know what the chick sings in the first song ?

No we don't speak German, we got this song from a funny MTV add and since it sounds cool we decided to use it. The MTV add is really funny you have to see it @ www.kontraband.com somewhere.

:D

Richie
16-08-05, 09:06 PM
Look like you both had a great time there.
Great Pic's 2.

German bird
16-08-05, 09:12 PM
No we don't speak German, we got this song from a funny MTV add and since it sounds cool we decided to use it. The MTV add is really funny you have to see it @ www.kontraband.com somewhere.

:D

well, i speak german :oops: . Are you sure that the song is ment to make sence? " We are dancing in a square..."?????

hall13uk
16-08-05, 09:13 PM
nice bit of fairing on that tree :lol: i do need a wing mirror :oops: :wink:

SpankyHam
16-08-05, 09:31 PM
@jpsm

Hehe funny TV spot and so true :shock: :P

a1a
18-08-05, 04:39 AM
Cool pic's thanks for sharing. I'm going to do the Dragon next month. The Tail of the Dragon, 11 miles and 318 curves. I hope it won't be to intimidating for a flat lander like me.
Cheers! 8)

Akula
18-08-05, 07:23 AM
Nice pics, Yellow sv sooo much nicer (IMHO0 than the roundy one. Good pics

jpsm
18-08-05, 07:40 PM
I'm going to do the Dragon next month

a1a your going to love the Dragon, I only wished I lived closer by. I sugest you go towards Atlant and then take the back roads up to it. There are some nice twisties on the way there for pleanty of practice. Let me tell you, you will have a smile from ear to ear the whole time. The feeling of this jewel of an engine coming out of turns is like...like...like I can't explain, you have to experience it. If there is a heaven this is it!

Good luck ride safe, and don't get bit by the dragon. If you get to confident it might whip you with its tail. 8)

jpsm
18-08-05, 07:46 PM
PS: Don't forget to ride the Blue Ridge Pkwy!!! its right there too and its great.

a1a
19-08-05, 05:14 PM
PS: Don't forget to ride the Blue Ridge Pkwy!!! its right there too and its great.
Hi jpsm,
There will be about 10 or 12 from my M/C Club going up to Franklin, NC. Which will be or home base while up there. We will spend three full days riding up in them thar hills. Yes, we are going through Hotlanta and then take the back roads to Franklin. We are doing other twistie rodes, but not sure which just yet.
Looking on your total distance covered on the map. I was wondering how many miles you rode per day? I enjoyed your cool video my friend. Which bike was yours the red or the yellow one?
Cheers! :riding:

jpsm
19-08-05, 05:36 PM
10 - 12 people...NICE!!!! Are they all in SVs? I wish we could have rode with more people on our trip. Maybe next time we can join you guys in Jacksonville and go from there. Im on the Yellow SV and we rode different distances, in 4 days total. the longest was 700 miles from Atlanta back to Miami, and the shortest 350 from Miami to Jacksonville. Our average speed was between 90-110 so we made decent time. My only complaint is that we had to stop a lot for gas.

a1a
22-08-05, 04:41 AM
10 - 12 people...NICE!!!! Are they all in SVs? I wish we could have rode with more people on our trip. Maybe next time we can join you guys in Jacksonville and go from there. Im on the Yellow SV and we rode different distances, in 4 days total. the longest was 700 miles from Atlanta back to Miami, and the shortest 350 from Miami to Jacksonville. Our average speed was between 90-110 so we made decent time. My only complaint is that we had to stop a lot for gas.
All on SV's now that would really be cool. :wink: No it will be a mixed bag of bikes. In the twisties there will be two groups of riders. The spirted group and the mild and meek group. I'll probably be in the M/M group at least for a while anyway. :roll: 700 miles in one day! You must of really wanted to get home to Miami. :lol: Traveling at those speeds your gas mileage is really gonna suck. You must have stopped between 100 and 125 miles for gas. I'm going to wimp out and trailer my bike up with my buddy. He will be on a Harley Ultra Classic. I told you its going to be a mixed bag of bikes. :) There will be BMW's to Yamaha's and anyyhing in between.
Cheers!