PDA

View Full Version : AGV Demon V-top

Peter Henry
17-08-05, 01:59 PM
Hi y'all...Out for a ride the other day and noticed my visor kept dropping down a touch lower than norm when I raised it for a bit of fresh air. Cutting it short a little while later visor completed dissapeared! Not the greatest of lids although only 12 months old.Presently considering the one shown below and wondered if anyone has experience of same and can pass any comments?

http://www.thebikereview.com/iup/get8.asp?ID=1066

sv4me
17-08-05, 03:31 PM
I had 2 visors snap on me on my Ti-Tech,supposed top of the range AGV :roll:

Never had any problems with my V-Top,good affordable helmet with a visor system that works! the V Flyers 8) too,with the British Bulldog on the back. Might not match your colour scheme though :wink:

Quiff Wichard
17-08-05, 04:25 PM
like i said petey boy in an e mail..I have an AGV!!
its ace

do they do them big enough for your head???

:lol: with yer bandana on underneath I meant buddy :lol:

Peter Henry
17-08-05, 04:51 PM
Quiff...I knew that was what you meant all along m8! :?

Scoobs
17-08-05, 07:44 PM
I have an AGV GP Pro. Click the link to see what I thought!

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=19099&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=33

Peter Henry
17-08-05, 10:09 PM
Scoobs...Thanks for that.All sounds quite positive really.Important for me that the ventilation system works as you can imagine! :lol: 8)

SV Shaun SA
18-08-05, 07:41 AM
I have a V-Top... Not a bad lid for the price.
Its noisy but at least it doesnt vibrate.

ophic
19-08-05, 12:13 PM
i have a demon, looks like the one in the picture, don't know what the v-top refers to. Its a little noisy and i find the ventilation aint too good and the visor mists up a lot in damp weather. Also the notches for opening the visor are too widely spaced to leave the visor a little bit open.

Other than that it seems ok - of course i could be on about a different helmet entirely... :?

Spiderman
19-08-05, 01:44 PM
IMPORTANT INFOR FOR ALL YOU AGV LIDS OWNERS OUT THERE.

sorry, but i had to get your attention about this.

I recently bought the Hot Rod for the g/f. She moaned about the visor not staying up etc. So i tried it on a ride and was amazed at how bad it was. Took it back to HG where i bought it and checked the rest of the display while the guys tried fixing it. All the lids had the same faulty mechanism in the side pods bit, on the meeting of ratchet and teeth.

They called AGV for me who went on to tell them. "THIS IS AN ISSUE WE ARE AWARE OF, PLEASE APOLOGISE TO THE CUSTOMER AND WE WILL SEND HIM NEW SIDE POD PARTS FOR THE LID"

The thing that got me.... what if my g/f was just a new rider who was buying that as her first lid? She would have thought "thats what you get for about £100, guess i better spend more if i want decent gear"

New bits arrived and i replaced the parts in less than 10mins. Everything felt much better and the lids is now quieter than it was before too.

I asked AGV why they didnt recall all the lids they knew suffered from this problem and they just said they didnt feel it was neccesary to do that.

Get in touch with AGV directly if you can and moan like hell about it.
They really should not have let this stuff out of their factory like this. Either that or they guy who does the quality control had been smoking his breakfast that day!