PDA

View Full Version : Stand on bike

Hooligan
17-08-05, 03:12 PM
Ive been looking round and notice a few people are getting their knee down, so thought id let you see my trick. I can get my knee down, elbow down, wheelie, stoppie and ive just had some metal sheets made to clip on the bottom of my boots so i can stand next to my bike and drive it, like Biker Boys.

It was recorded onto my phone so ive had to cut a frame out and paste it, so the image isnt very clear.

http://www.thebikereview.com/iup/get8.asp?ID=1067

WelshWop
17-08-05, 03:14 PM
:D :D :D

Nutter!!!

:D

Viney
17-08-05, 03:16 PM
8)

*sits back and awaits the safety brigade*

Hooligan
17-08-05, 03:18 PM
Im waiting for someone to say that i shouldnt do it on public highways. I know i shouldnt but i have. Anyone wants to post their stunts i would love to see them.

fizzwheel
17-08-05, 03:35 PM
Cool all you need to do now is adjusted your leathers ala Rossi style whilst you do it

At least your forum name matches your riding style !!! shant point the finger I'm known to pull the odd wheelie from time to time, However I bet you scared that car driver on the opposite side of the road

falc
17-08-05, 08:29 PM
Awesome :D you only live once and all that. Tell us how those metal plates get on, saw it in the film and that is prolly the only good bit about the film are the crazy stunts that are performed

Quiff Wichard
17-08-05, 08:37 PM
sure someone will be along to say the site does not condone this kind of action and get all bikers a bad name !

sv4me
17-08-05, 08:54 PM
Thats 8) respect for having the balls to try it,I havent!

I'll see if someone will come out with me and film or photo me doing standup wheelies,thats as good as ive got so far. Want to try taking my feet off the pegs and all that,just not plucked up the courage yet!

Hate stoppies,always feel like the fronts gonna wash out :?

didge
17-08-05, 09:39 PM
yer lol just wait....

hall13uk
17-08-05, 09:41 PM
crazy man, looks very cool tho :wink:

Wiltshire7
17-08-05, 11:35 PM
that must feel slightly odd!

i dont have a problem with people doing these things but i dont see why u need to do it on a road with on coming traffic though. the best stunt riders make mistakes, why punish other peoples families?

call me the safety brigade if it makes u feel better, just dont see the need on such a road.

WelshWop
17-08-05, 11:58 PM
Dosent the amount of engine braking that the SV has, cause a problem?
Like. by the time you get into a stand positon hasnt the bike slowed to to a speed thats it unsteady?

I think its pretty cool but agree it shouldnt be done arount other vehicles.
[-X Naughty, naughty.

Hooligan
18-08-05, 07:06 AM
Ive been doing it since i was 17 on my Honda Varadero, Im 20 now. The engine braking doesnt affect it because i knock it in to neutral. It makes a few loud clunks like.

Akula
18-08-05, 07:18 AM
TW*T :shock:

**Edit** I must add that id think bloody well done old chap, if done on a private road, but as your on a public highway and you passing a car my original statement stands TW*T :shock:

Cloggsy
18-08-05, 07:23 AM

Quite :roll:

Ceri JC
18-08-05, 11:52 AM
Ive been doing it since i was 17 on my Honda Varadero, Im 20 now. The engine braking doesnt affect it because i knock it in to neutral. It makes a few loud clunks like.

Ah, I was wondering about that too, makes sense. I find the engine braking a bit harsh even to do the "arms off the bars, pretend you're flying" arm stretch.

Hooligan
19-08-05, 10:48 AM
I dont see how i can danger people in cars by standing up. Only if i dont feel confident then something might muck up or the gear slips out of neutral. If i cant control my bike i wont do it, but it is amaizing how much control you can have while standing up, you can stand up and go round a long bend at ease, well i can anyways. The people in the cars round the north of England never see stuff like this so they wonder what the Duck and start sounding their horns and waving out the windows.

creamerybutter
19-08-05, 11:36 AM
I dont see how i can danger people in cars by standing up. Only if i dont feel confident then something might muck up or the gear slips out of neutral. If i cant control my bike i wont do it, but it is amaizing how much control you can have while standing up, you can stand up and go round a long bend at ease, well i can anyways. The people in the cars round the north of England never see stuff like this so they wonder what the Duck and start sounding their horns and waving out the windows.

Say for example you hit a pot hole or diesel etc and you bin it, say you slide in front of a car and they go over you. You may not physically hurt someone but you could mentally scar someone. Besides that it doesn't really help the image of bikers in the eyes of your average motorist.

Having said that I'm sure you have a lot of skill and know what you are doing with that move and it is very impressive but there is a place for stuff like that and public roads isn't the place imo.

PsychoCannon
26-08-05, 04:27 PM
I wish i had the guts to practice this sort of stuff :)

Agreed that confident as you maybe i wouldn't try that on a public road myself as if it goes wrong your gonna mix other people up in it to but each to their own.

Pretty impressive mate :)
On a lighter side how did you start practicing that and how long did it take ye to get the hang of it :)
Bin it much learning? and ...ermm...is the brake light on???

amarko5
26-08-05, 09:06 PM

Your age shows my lunatic friend :evil:

you might think you are invincible, well good luck to ya (cos you ain't ) but god help you if you were to take out an innocent person.

you think you have control (whoopie doo) so the first time you catch a pothole or raised manhole cover ETC ETC or even a stone .

You will come off and hurt someone else. it is only a matter of time.

If you really want to pull stunts, go to your local B&Q car park when its shut and do as many as you want. get your mates to video it (if that makes you happy) all you are doing is strenghtening public opinion against bikers in genral with your immature and reckless riding. #-o =;

and i guarantee those that cheer and clap you are just as mindless and immature as yourself. :rant:

OF.uk
27-08-05, 07:29 AM

Whereabouts in the North of England doo you live/ride? Because I don't want to be around when you pull one of your "stunts". Although I wouldn't mind turning up a couple of minutes after you bin it on a bend to take photos.

*****!

instigator
27-08-05, 03:39 PM
Has He/she(the topic starter) never offended anyone here. And here you are throwing insults about? Voice your opinion in a civilized manner.

Thought you lot were above petty name calling. :roll:

Jebiah
27-08-05, 07:35 PM
agreed i bet you have all done something stupid in your life (probably in your youth) its what makes life worth living though personally i wouldn't do it standing on a bike each to there own impressive though :D

SVeeedy Gonzales
27-08-05, 07:47 PM
Shame it's such a low res picture, would love to see the expression on the face of the driver you're passing...

TC3
28-08-05, 08:09 AM
if you can do stunts like that and it gives you a high then thats great and no one can really tell you to not do em but when you are doing them on a public road with risk to hurting an innocent member of the public it is not real clever is it?

A good rider thinks about the safety of others and not just themselves...if you can not to that you should have that licence taken away

superfuzzwill
28-08-05, 04:31 PM
accidents happen when you dont expect them. i backed into an electric gate last week.

result £901.14 damage bill. wasnt expecting it or being stupid, simple.

sv4me
28-08-05, 05:37 PM
:-k sorry mate but are you honestly saying you werent being stupid,crashing into a stationary object?

Sorry but my step mum reversed into bollards outside shops once and then in her finest hour,caused tons of damage to our van when she backed into a......skip :shock: a pretty frickin big stationary object :roll:

Wiltshire7
28-08-05, 07:06 PM
i think the point is u never know when ur gonna have a brain fart.

Saint Matt
28-08-05, 10:09 PM
Fair enough for having the balls, gonna have to say you'd be better somewhere private though! Never catch me doing owt like that! Only knee downs, wheelies over humpback bridges and small stoppies up to the lights for me im afraid, my **** is staying on the seat

IanG
29-08-05, 05:54 AM

Whats your reaction when you see drivers sounding their horn or waving, do you think its appreciation of your riding skills!
All I can say is watch out for a green ford focus heading your way! I'll be the one waving with both hands :x

superfuzzwill
29-08-05, 04:00 PM
hey mate, it wasnt the gates, it was the control module on the floor in the blindspot.

the moral of the story being that accidents happen when you dont expect them. in the last 30k miles of tyre sliding glory one second on quite easy human inattention cost the most.

agreed b&q = preferable option, but respect for the guts though.

TC3
29-08-05, 04:16 PM
but respect for the guts though.

That was no show of guts and was more a show of stupidity. Deserves no respect at all

superfuzzwill
30-08-05, 04:46 PM
okay change the wording,

"respect for the lack of self presevation and the lemming tendancies, (a lemming on a bike is marginally less dangerous than a lemming in fiesta)"

M.C.
01-09-05, 03:06 PM
impressive but not with cars coming the other way,
i seen Craig Jones a few years ago at rockingham and he came off a couple of times and he was 100% focused on what he was doing and did'nt have to worry about on coming traffic, and that is a profesional who does stunts every day of the week so it just goes to prove how easy it is to make a mistake

Chris V
01-09-05, 06:24 PM
I had a friend who used to do this on his bike back in the sixties. Was spotted by the police one day and banned for a year.

Rabid Gerbil
05-09-05, 01:37 PM
Crazy Brave tw*t .. :D I noticed u wasent jugglering as well ?.. to scared huh huh huh !!

i get scared standig on the pegs and ajusting my crotch.. lol.. I my get flamed for this but isint the point of doing a crazy stunt .. is tha fact u get normal folk to gasp in ore .. or even total disblivement.. lol tell me ya dont feel a kinda buzz .. ripping past at the speed of light , them volvo owners pulling a 6 berther. ? and seeing them poop there pants as u screeeetchh past.. .. :wink:

PsychoCannon
05-09-05, 03:49 PM
I like to impress people but i try to avoid scaring people.
Scared drivers make stupid mistakes!

TC3
05-09-05, 07:50 PM
Crazy Brave tw*t .. :D I noticed u wasent jugglering as well ?.. to scared huh huh huh !!

i get scared standig on the pegs and ajusting my crotch.. lol.. I my get flamed for this but isint the point of doing a crazy stunt .. is tha fact u get normal folk to gasp in ore .. or even total disblivement.. lol tell me ya dont feel a kinda buzz .. ripping past at the speed of light , them volvo owners pulling a 6 berther. ? and seeing them poop there pants as u screeeetchh past.. .. :wink:

the volvo owners as well as other car drivers are more likely to be thinking "What an *******" than crap in their pants

SV_1
06-09-05, 07:06 AM
I used to do that on my motocross bike, i could do 5th gear stand up wheelies, stoppies and huge jumps!!

But that was all offroad and the only person i hurt was myself!!

There is no way i'll be doing any of that on my SV, i've left the crazy riding to my motocross friends.

I still love watching other people do stunts, looks cool!

Have you noticed when you watch stunt videos at the end they always show the crashes!!! :(

Rabid Gerbil
06-09-05, 01:33 PM
who cares what volvo or any othere car driver thinks .. !! i'm sure the bloke who stood on is seat .. wasent thinking .. " i wonder if this upsets anyone .. " lol hes probs thinking i hope i dont fall off.. !!
i was talking about the Buzz one gets .. the excitment .. the thrill .. the rush .. of fear thats hits ya . when performing a death sefiying stunt. i'm sure he knows if it goes wrong .. hes thinking i hope i make it to the hospital .. alive.
at the end of the day we know the risks . hats off to him for the dareing and the balls to do it, i've seen vids of crazy dudes racing the bill at high speeds. wheelies.. stunts.. stoppies.. lol crazy as a fruit cakes.. the lot of them .. but boy they must get such a buzz.. theres plenty of reasons why not to .. and the pit falls . at the end of the day theres them that do or die and them that stay indoors .. .. wayAaup,..... dammit my soap box broke .. :lol:

its only my opinion and no way should anyone do stunts on public highways and bayways. its not clever and inocent people may get hurt.

DanDare
06-09-05, 02:44 PM
At the risk of contradicting myself, I must admit it does look tricky and impressive, however I agree with those before that the public roads are not for uncontrollable stunts.

I think all of us would agree here they'd be pretty f****d off with a driver of a car who sitting in the back seat steering with his feet.
( Stupid example agreed ) But you get the picture.

All the confidence in the world is no match for the un-expected.
Leave it for the track.

andy gooding
16-02-06, 10:47 PM
na fair play m8 i like to do stunts on the roads wheelies stoppies and sliding along side the bike (keep it up) :D

Andy13_uk
17-02-06, 05:31 PM
hey hooligan

Please could you post some of your wheelie and stoppie videos as i would like to see them!! and your vid of you standing up

Cheers

Andy

Moo
17-02-06, 06:29 PM

Quite :roll:

Ditto.

Biker Biggles
17-02-06, 07:04 PM
Look at the dates of the posts.Are you still alive Hooligan? :?: :?: :?:

madmal
12-03-06, 02:42 PM
appreciate you have the skill, mentality to be able to do this stunt but for *&$*s sake do it somewhere private.

we all love to see this kind of thing but in a safer environment.

apart from you losing it for whatever reason, that car could have been full of kids with some **** on his/her mobile. etc.

know a chap who tried this kind of thing now has a rebuilt pelvis. up to you mate :?

Hooligan
18-06-07, 07:21 PM
Hey all,

Still alive got myself a R6 now, more fun and tricks. lol. STill got the Sv but its died, need a engine if anyones got one.

gettin2dizzy
18-06-07, 07:52 PM
Oil starvation in the front cylinder by any chance? ;)

Ceri JC
19-06-07, 01:53 PM
:laughat:Oil starvation in the front cylinder by any chance? ;)

Glad to hear you're alive and well Hooligan. Don't be a stranger.

Cloggsy
20-06-07, 09:19 AM
Christ, where did this get dragged up from :?:

Have you seen the date of the initial post :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu
20-06-07, 09:34 AM

Hooligan himself, which is fair enough & a pretty good explanition for why he's back - stunts break engines :smt089
At least he's alive :thumbsup:

gettin2dizzy
20-06-07, 12:32 PM

http://reikoyamamoto.blogzine.jp/ikea_warehouse.jpg

Stu
20-06-07, 12:44 PM
Whats Ikea got to do with anything?

Baph
20-06-07, 06:11 PM
public road...blah blah... complete fool... blah blah... other people at risk... blah blah....

That bit out of the way... NUTTER. Great work, keep it up, and do it on private land. That way when the police come over to have a chat, you can tell them where to go!

Jester666
20-06-07, 10:10 PM
:nomore: Enough already!!

If the fool wants to kill himself by acting the tw*t on the road so be it.

But lets not condone his idiocy by dragging up an old thread and, as some have, saying how cool/brave/clever he is!

Ride like a tw*t, die like a tw*t! A bit harsh maybe but no doubt someone may attempt to imitate him and not get away with it!

Hooligan
05-11-07, 02:22 PM
Well the SV is in a million bits, all the wheelying knacked my front big end, couldnt stand the abuse and someone started knocking trying to get out, think it was telling me i needed a bigger bike.

Been ages since ive been on this post, just thought id have a look at some other comments.

Got a R1 now, so tons more tricks, wheelies, stand ups, ride backwards elbow down tons more stuff. Gona get a helmet camera and post some more pictures ov my new stuff, love reading everyones replys, especially Jester666.

Keep a eye out for other stuff, dont know when ill post it, but itll be soon.

.Got tons of other stuff for sale off my SV, email me if you need anything.

kwak zzr
05-11-07, 05:08 PM
elbow down, john hopkins are ya :) ride safe buddy keep it rubber side down.

Alpinestarhero
05-11-07, 06:49 PM
8)

*sits back and awaits the safety brigade*

Here I am!!!

Yadda yadda yadda, how unsafe, yadda yadda, broken bones, yadda yadda risk.

Still, if you can do it and thats how you get your kicks, then who am I to judge, keep it up!

Matt