PDA

View Full Version : Winter gloves - with armour

Ping
24-08-05, 08:42 AM
Following on from Snoopy's thread I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend some good warm winter gloves with knuckle armour?

So far all I've found are winter gloves without it... I'd rather have knuckle armour for my commute into london for the rare occasions that I may accidentally smack someone's wing mirror on the way past... O:)

All advice gratefully received. :D

Noufy
24-08-05, 10:17 AM
get some all weather ones?

Ping
24-08-05, 10:36 AM
Hmm... yes..... I hadn't thought of that..... all..... weather..... gloves.....

Dude, I'm after specifics here, but thanks for replying... :lol: ;)

coombest
24-08-05, 10:54 AM
The Alpinestars Jet Road were excellent for the few miles I had them before being knocked off!

They are lovely and warm but not too thick and have carbon fibre protection on the upper knuckles with decent padding on the fingers & finger-knuckles.

They are on their website but it's flash based, so I can't give a direct link - it's under the gore-tex section here. (http://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/moto_gloves_frst.htm)

I can (unfortunately!) vouch for their protection! :lol:

embee
24-08-05, 11:04 AM
I've got some Hein Gericke Classic gloves which are winter type with hard bits on the knuckles. Nice and comfy.

Up till now they've been fine, though I don't ride a lot in inclement weather so can't really comment on the longer term performance. :?

Just as a more offbeat thought, these folks do a motorcycle glove for the Police, the price is similar to higher end gloves elsewhere.
http://www.niton999.co.uk/index_main.htm
("motorcycle" section and "clothing" if the link is general)

tricky
24-08-05, 11:06 AM
I just bought some Alpinestars Tech Road, and are very,very happy with them.

I think the Jet Road ones that coomest mentioned are very similar but have additional thermal lining.

Noufy
24-08-05, 11:20 AM
Hmm... yes..... I hadn't thought of that..... all..... weather..... gloves.....

Dude, I'm after specifics here, but thanks for replying... :lol: ;)

Lol, wouldn't that depend on how you feel about the gloves. Go to the stores and try some. As I suspected, everyone will come on an tell you the gloves they have are great, else they would have chucked them away and got something better. I have ESKA all weather, no hard knuckles, but great gloves and never been a problem for the odd wing mirrors.

If you are in central London, Infinity Gt Portland St are a friendly bunch. Not the one in Holborn though!

Jase22
24-08-05, 11:25 AM
I can also recommend Hein Gericke, their stuff is quality. The winter wears seem to be pretty waterproof.

I've also recently had a pair of Buffalo gloves. They were warm and waterproof, also had this handy sleeve thingy-ma-jig that stopped water going down the glove (sorry, didn't mean to get technical!! :lol: )

northwind
24-08-05, 01:50 PM
The Hein Gericke Pathan 2-fingers have no armour at all, and seem incredibly flimsy, but always test ver well in crash tests for some reason. And they're sooooo warm.

Warren
24-08-05, 11:01 PM
The Alpinestars Jet Road were excellent for the few miles I had them before being knocked off!

They are lovely and warm but not too thick and have carbon fibre protection on the upper knuckles with decent padding on the fingers & finger-knuckles.

They are on their website but it's flash based, so I can't give a direct link - it's under the gore-tex section here. (http://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/moto_gloves_frst.htm)

I can (unfortunately!) vouch for their protection! :lol:

probably the most un-unerfriendly in cyber space.

21QUEST
24-08-05, 11:03 PM
Ahh... just get some Muffs and your are sorted.

Cheers
Ben

Ping
25-08-05, 10:48 AM
Muffs?......MUFFS!?!?!?! :lol: That would absolutely RUIN my super biker vixen image... :lol: ;)

Cheers for the advice guys. Very helpful. :)

Baldyman
11-11-05, 09:29 PM
I bought a set of Alpinestar Jet Roads at the NEC, but I'm experiencing difficulty gripping :oops:
They are very well insulated and well made, but peeps should perhaps compare them with the Road Techs for "grippability" before buying.

ryancor
17-11-05, 04:01 PM
I bought some RS Trojan Sports Glove for £39.99. They won an award in Bike and have served me very well for a year now. On really cold days (i.e. below freezing) you can start to feel the cold through them but on the whole they are very comfortable and well made. I buy them at

www.riderwear.net/images/images_7274/gloves.html

Jabba
01-07-06, 09:34 AM
Just catching up here - I have a pair of Spada Force2 WP winter gloves and they were ace last winter. Warm and waterproof, leather with carbon knuckles for "playing" with wing-mirrors.

They are now about £35 or so of ebay. Highly recommended by me and came 3rd in the Ride test last year behind gloves that cost twice as much :thumbsup:

Warren
01-07-06, 10:53 AM
RST air gloves, bought a few years ago for 40 quid, perforated and thin leather,

very cool indeed, and of all the gloves ive tried on, these have the most feel by far,

has armour in em too.

(not waterproof)