PDA

View Full Version : Photos of my new VFR Banana...

chutz
30-08-05, 12:17 PM
Here are a few shots of my new bike.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/chutney-plate.jpg
weird number, don't you think :wink:
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/chutney-front.jpg
well hello!!!
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/chutney-clocks.jpg

it was only 8500 miles the day I bought it, 2 days ago.

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/chutney-leftside.jpg

$i
30-08-05, 12:31 PM
very nice! :thumbsup: . good old hondas, you just cant beat them can you? :wink:

Cronos
30-08-05, 03:10 PM
Great bike!

Nice plate too, bet that cost a few quid! :P

Ed
30-08-05, 03:12 PM
Beautiful. Really, really nice.

BTW I think I ought to tell you, someone's hiding in your garage :wink:

chutz
30-08-05, 03:24 PM
Beautiful. Really, really nice.

BTW I think I ought to tell you, someone's hiding in your garage :wink:

That would be my Dad working on his BSA.

I hope you were joking Cronos, or don't they have photoshop that far north... :lol:

Skip
30-08-05, 03:33 PM
Nice! 8) I thought VFRs were old mens bikes, but I guess that was just listening to hearsay... :oops:

Loving this display thingy... 8)

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/chutney-clocks.jpg

Allie
30-08-05, 03:44 PM
Very nice Chutz.

TSM
30-08-05, 03:58 PM
Yep the nice clear VFR display.

Underseat storage is not briliant that i remember. But very nice anyway.

Supervox
30-08-05, 04:58 PM
Very nice but of course not as fast as my blue one !! :D - what is it a 1999 or 2000 ??

chutz
30-08-05, 11:09 PM
Very nice but of course not as fast as my blue one !! :D - what is it a 1999 or 2000 ??

it's a '99 mate. Blue is only the fastest colour on a v twin!!! 8)

Just need a new exhaust now and I'll be happy. I have the rear hump, bagalux bag and cover and spare (slightly damaged from stationary drops) panels and exhaust too so may rub them down, re-spray and keep as spares. :lol:

just enough room for a cheeky girl under the seat...pathetic for a sports tourer but who cares!!! As long as they don't sing I don't mind

Wiltshire7
31-08-05, 12:43 PM
all the coolest, fastest, bestest bikes r that colour.

well done :)

Aurora
31-08-05, 01:36 PM
Lovely bike that, and the best colour 8)

Look forward to seeing it in the 'flesh'

BillyC
31-08-05, 01:50 PM

It'll have gone brown and soft by then.

Sorry :lol:

Aurora
31-08-05, 03:26 PM

LOL :lol:

chutz
31-08-05, 03:30 PM

I hope you're referring to the bike dude :sick: This one is gonna be a dry weather and low mileage beast so no rotting for me. Also as you know my commute to T/Wells everyday is coming to an end soon so the sv will get a much easier time too.

coombest
31-08-05, 03:34 PM
Nice! 8) I thought VFRs were old mens bikes, but I guess that was just listening to hearsay... :oops:

They are! :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

chutz
31-08-05, 03:35 PM

They are! :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

hmmmm, I like being old and functional mate :wink:

Aurora
31-08-05, 03:45 PM
commute to T/Wells everyday .

You'll have to meet up with hubby (Min - on the 'other' site) he commutes daily to T/Wells too. Two yellow VFRs together - that don't happen very often.

chutz
31-08-05, 03:47 PM

You'll have to meet up with hubby (Min - on the 'other' site) he commutes daily to T/Wells too. Two yellow VFRs together - that don't happen very often.

would be hilarious. I use the sv for that though but could be persuaded to ride the vfr in formation... :wink:

amarko5
31-08-05, 06:16 PM

would be hilarious. I use the sv for that though but could be persuaded to ride the vfr in formation... :wink:

I like bannana's. you just have tooooo much money Chutz 2 bike's probably a car ? whatever next :P

only jealous really

chutz
31-08-05, 07:54 PM
no car, no money just moving my job closer to home and the petrol money this will save has bought the viffer as it was such a bargain. Chuffed ? What do you think? Just found out yesterday that new job are willing to do some serious training with me too so on a roll!!!

amarko5
31-08-05, 08:40 PM
no car, no money just moving my job closer to home and the petrol money this will save has bought the viffer as it was such a bargain. Chuffed ? What do you think? Just found out yesterday that new job are willing to do some serious training with me too so on a roll!!!

You sound like a happy chappy :lol: glad to see things are working for ya matey :lol:

And I do like viffer's just found them a bit ! mmmhh lets see how can i describe, mmmhhhh Sterile perhaps :) but then again one could also say engineered. just so damn useful I suppose. it's a pity they have four pots really :P

Anonymous
31-08-05, 09:17 PM
suppose. it's a pity they have four pots really :P

Or two V-twins? :D

Aurora
01-09-05, 10:12 AM

Might we worth thinking about the 'Farewell To Summer' run, I'm pretty sure one of the members from the 'other' site is planning. We did the 'Welcome to Summer' run - was great - think there was about 60/70 VFRs.

coombest
02-09-05, 10:17 AM
I can't believe this!

We're so close to you Aurora and we've never met... Ian & I have even been out on the bikes together and ended up at Wessons (for a change!!) where we saw your bike (at least we assumed it was - there can't be two in the same colour!). Couldn't find you though! :roll:

Now there's double the chance of conversations being started at meets, I suppose - being that he has both of the bikes you & your hubby ride! :lol:

Aurora
02-09-05, 10:52 AM
I can't believe this!

We're so close to you Aurora and we've never met... Ian & I have even been out on the bikes together and ended up at Wessons (for a change!!) where we saw your bike (at least we assumed it was - there can't be two in the same colour!). Couldn't find you though! :roll:

Now there's double the chance of conversations being started at meets, I suppose - being that he has both of the bikes you & your hubby ride! :lol:

We will have to arrange a meet up of the Eastbourne/Bexhill posse, sometime in October maybe? or late September, pretty busy until then.

I've only been to Wessons twice, parked out the front the first time (never again, that frontage is sooooo steep) and out the back the second time (along with 20 or so VFRs). You can't miss me really (well you can, I'm soooo short). Just shout for me, I should answer -

as long as you don't look like a 'train spotter' :lol: :lol:

chutz
02-09-05, 06:03 PM
Tim has me confused with someone else...I never saw your bike at wessons so he was with someone else. I'm free and of September (in between jobs) but am usually able to make a short notice trip to Wessons or the 6 bells...

MitchC
03-09-05, 09:17 AM
Hey,

I have to agree with the others, I love that HUD! Very nice. Wish the SV was that elaborate... :)

Mitch

Moo
03-09-05, 01:52 PM
Nice bike. :lol: