PDA

View Full Version : Boot help needed

jkchops
05-09-05, 09:48 PM
Hi i am new here,

I am looking to buy a decent pair of protected waterproof boots for the upcoming winter months. I would like to spend about £100. This will be the first pair of boots i buy so i would like people's input.

Can people list web sites/shops which might be useful but more importantly can people recommend any boots for that amount of money which they have used in past/currently use, and are happy with. Could you tell me a bit about them or give me any advice in general to do with buying boots and about the boots which you think i are no good which should be avoided.

Thanks

Jason

Scoobs
06-09-05, 06:53 AM
SIDI Blackrains sound like they will fit the bill perfectly.

padmane
06-09-05, 07:26 AM
Do like I did and get a subscription to Ride magazine. A good mag with reviews etc. :lol:
I should get my SVs today! Woo Hoo! Test on Friday! :shock:

richwill68
06-09-05, 08:42 AM
Got Altberg Clubman Classics. Old fashioned but warm, comfy and waterproof. £115 if you work for the emergency services, which you'll say you do when you ring up for your order :wink:

mac
06-09-05, 02:34 PM
Sidi blackrain - great boots ( waterproof, good protection and comfortable enough to walk round in ).

:D

Cloggsy
06-09-05, 03:53 PM
I used to have 'Blackrains' - cracking boots :wink:

Bonart
06-09-05, 07:14 PM
Have to agree with all of the above regarding Sidi Black rain's. Brilliant boot, had mine 18 months now and not a drop of water has passed through them and i use them everyday. Also very comfy.
Hope this helps :D

Cloggsy
06-09-05, 08:04 PM
I used to have 'Blackrains' - cracking boots :wink:

I flogged 'em to someone on here too :D

jkchops
10-09-05, 09:36 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone who posted comments.

I tried on a few different types of boots but my favourites were Sidi Black Rain as they were the most comfortable. I bought them and a pair of new gloves online at www.infinitymotorcycles.com. The boots cost £99.99 which i thought was a good bargain as they were on promotion from there usual price of £134.99. I also bought a pair of WR-1 alpinestars gloves which were on sale for £34.99 instead of the usual £54.99 on the website. The p&p and delivery charge for both items totalled £6.50 so i spent just under £142 on the boots and gloves.

Before i ordered the items online i did go to my local infinity motorcycle shop to try on the boots and gloves to check my size, the fit and comfort, etc. Once i had done that i ordered them. The delivery took less than 48hrs.

I tried them both out today for a 15min ride. It felt weird and was hard to ride in both them, the boots especially caused a few problems. Hopefully it will get easier the more i wear them and get used to them as i dont fancy keep 'hitting false neutrals', not changing up when i need to and breaking earlier than i usually would as i couldnt always break as effectively using the back break.

Thanks again

Jason