PDA

View Full Version : RIDEOUT - 20TH NOV(BOXHILL TO CAMBER)

Pages : [1] 2

Last Action Pimp
08-11-05, 05:36 PM
Who coming??

Route - http://www.urbanbiker.co.uk/rideouts/camber.htm

More info when i remember what we agreed

hall13uk
08-11-05, 05:44 PM
see you there fella :wink: 8)

$i
08-11-05, 06:04 PM
most probs. def. if not raining!

Scoobs
08-11-05, 06:07 PM
I'll be there possibly if it ain't lashing down. If it is spitting I'll still come.

iffy
08-11-05, 06:22 PM
Same as Scoobs...be there, if it ain't peeing down, or likely to.

Aurora added to my post on the South West Surfers site about going along to The Pilot Inn (http://www.thepilot.uk.com/) at Dungeness, rather than stopping at Camber. Pub with massive food!! It is about 10 miles further on from Camber. How about it?

Ian

SVeeedy Gonzales
08-11-05, 08:26 PM
Yep, come hell or high water.

tee jey
08-11-05, 08:57 PM
I'll be there. Scoobs and Iffy, are you still planning to meet at Mick's BB?

iffy
08-11-05, 10:17 PM
Yep..I'm still on for 09:00 at Mick's.

Ian

Aurora
09-11-05, 09:32 AM
Depends on the weather. But I should be there.

Think its definately worth a visit to The Pilot only a few more miles round the coast. If numbers are likely to be high, will need to inform them beforehand.

There really isn't much in Camber.

hall13uk
09-11-05, 10:16 AM

yes agreed, only reason thats the end point is cos of the lovely roads in that area.

Aurora
09-11-05, 10:36 AM

yes agreed, only reason thats the end point is cos of the lovely roads in that area.

Can still do the nice roads, then go onto The Pilot, maybe.

No worries, it was just an idea. I'll probably carry on up to The Pilot anyway.

Last Action Pimp
09-11-05, 10:41 AM
I dont mind where we finsh alsong as someone knows the way back to boxhill,

itsn't there alot of sand in camber?? ?? :?:

hall13uk
09-11-05, 10:46 AM

Can still do the nice roads, then go onto The Pilot, maybe.

No worries, it was just an idea. I'll probably carry on up to The Pilot anyway.

no what i ment was the only reason i choose camber was because i know of no where else with such good roads :oops: , we should still go to the pilot for sure!!! tho i don't know where it is.
i am sure u can lead us Aurora

hall13uk
09-11-05, 10:49 AM
itsn't there alot of sand in camber?? ?? :?:

ohhh yes 11miles to be exact :wink:

& i am going back to boxhill via the coast roads after so i can show u the way back xvs

Last Action Pimp
09-11-05, 02:11 PM
cheers mate, i might join u at boxhill on sunday (if i can find the money)

hall13uk
09-11-05, 02:27 PM
cheers mate, i might join u at boxhill on sunday (if i can find the money) the more the merrier

T0mm0
09-11-05, 04:03 PM
Yep...I'll come along even if its raining :shock:

Hall13uk : Is it o.k. to meet at Clacketts before riding to Boxhill ?

Cheers
Andy

Itching 2 go
09-11-05, 05:05 PM
I shall probably come to this as its a good reason to break the law :twisted:

ninja bobw
09-11-05, 05:09 PM
Should be along if its not p*ing down when I leave.I'll probably be bringing a pillion as on TJ's rideout. Will try to meet the pompey boys at Mick's Burger bar 09.00.Will speak to Tee Jey next week probably ride down with him.

mac650s
09-11-05, 05:46 PM

Cheers
Andy this would be handy as i have know idea were box hill is or how to get there

hall13uk
09-11-05, 06:26 PM

Cheers
Andy this would be handy as i have know idea were box hill is or how to get there

right ok you have lost me know are we talking about this sunday the 13th or the next 20th

cos my rideout is this sundaythe 13th thats what xvs was talking about in the post a couple above this. if you are may i refure you here http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=29729&start=0
for further disscusion :wink: .

but if you mean the 20th then yes i could meet you all at clacketts lane services before the ride that day.

T0mm0
10-11-05, 08:47 AM
Hi Hall13uk,

Unfortunately, I cannot make your rideout on Sunday 13th Nov, but I wish you a happy birthday :drink:

I was referring to the 20th Nov rideout to Camber. I could of PM'd you and explained the arrangements but i thought it might benefit someone else to know we were meeting prior to the ride to Boxhill.

Hope thats clears things up.

Regards
T0mm0

hall13uk
10-11-05, 10:53 AM
ooo right got u yes

me & tommo meeting at clacket lane services outside the main entrance to the resaurants & service area, not the petrol station. at 9am on the 20th of nov, so we should get to boxill with plently of time before the rideout.

JakeRS
11-11-05, 02:25 PM
guys can I meet you at hastings I cant come all the way to Dorking!

From Hastings to Camber... and then if there's further, I'll go too.

Jake

Treacle
11-11-05, 07:40 PM
I shall probably come to this as its a good reason to break the law :twisted:
And why not. :wink: I might pop along as well.

Scoobs
14-11-05, 12:13 PM
Long range forecast looks good, but cold.....brrrrrrr!

hall13uk
14-11-05, 06:11 PM
guys can I meet you at hastings I cant come all the way to Dorking!

From Hastings to Camber... and then if there's further, I'll go too.

Jake

just noticed this post. may i propose we all stop for a break at hastings seafront for petrol, coffee & to pick up jakeRS :idea: :?: its on the route anyway.

your thoughts XVS..

$i
14-11-05, 11:01 PM
Make me a 95% definate! :D . no footy sunday morning! I'll probably be meeting you lot @ boxhill! :wink:

hall13uk
14-11-05, 11:17 PM
by the way who's in charge of the rideout :?: cos i dunno the route apart from reading the plan, people keep pm' ing me asking questions & i would like to know who to refure them too.

mac650s
14-11-05, 11:20 PM
dont

$i
15-11-05, 05:12 AM
by the way who's in charge of the rideout :?: cos i dunno the route apart from reading the plan, people keep pm' ing me asking questions & i would like to know who to refure them too.

I thought it was XVS because he started the thread did'nt he ? :?

But atm it looks like its up to you hall13uk :lol: . You know you want to :wink: !

If not anyone else offering to lead the way? [-o< :thumbsup: :notworthy:

I would but i cant read maps :roll: .

JakeRS
15-11-05, 09:17 AM
yeah hall13uk looks like its you at the moment haha

if you can stop in Hastings it'd be good! Not sure where there's a petrol station there though, but I think there probably one on the outskirts either end...

hall13uk
15-11-05, 11:18 AM

I thought it was XVS because he started the thread did'nt he ? :?

But atm it looks like its up to you hall13uk :lol: . You know you want to :wink: !

If not anyone else offering to lead the way? [-o< :thumbsup: :notworthy:

I would but i cant read maps :roll: .

doh!! :lol:

I don't even know the route :roll: , ok i will have to do a recckie run on the 19th i guess if have time. i will ride from boxhill to hastings on the saturday then, i know the way after hastings so thats ok. trouble is i am not the fastest rider, ( i have lost a lot of confidence after my off this year) so i may hold you lot up if i lead :!: .

oh & jake RS yes i am sure we can stop at hastings for you, how about the car park by the sealife centre :?:

Viney
15-11-05, 11:34 AM
James,

Simple route mate. A24 to the A272.
Then either

A272 to the A281, A281 into Brighton, then follow coast road through Eastbourne/Newhaven etc to Hastings, then A289 out through Rye to Camber

or

A272 to A264 then into Eastbourne then as above

Or

Boxhill - A25 - A21 to hastings then the A289 etc etc

There are a few routes, but those are simple

Sadly im away this weekend otherwise i would try to be there. If you need a hand let me know

Aurora
15-11-05, 11:43 AM
Don't think I'm going to make it now, back playing up again. :? Might see if I can get to Hastings in the cage to say hello.

Dawn

hall13uk
15-11-05, 11:52 AM
James,

Simple route mate. A24 to the A272.
Then either

A272 to the A281, A281 into Brighton, then follow coast road through Eastbourne/Newhaven etc to Hastings, then A289 out through Rye to Camber

or

A272 to A264 then into Eastbourne then as above

Or

Boxhill - A25 - A21 to hastings then the A289 etc etc

There are a few routes, but those are simple

Sadly im away this weekend otherwise i would try to be there. If you need a hand let me know

thanks fella this was the orignal route http://www.urbanbiker.co.uk/rideouts/camber.htm

but it seems a bit tricky to follow, espically as i noticed a few of the turns are incorrect like right intead of left . it maybe a lot easier to use a simple route like those posted by viney :idea:

iffy
15-11-05, 12:01 PM
I know the roads quite well from Box Hill down to the coast. I could lead from Box Hill (A24) down to Horsham (A272) across to Uckfield (A22) down to Polegate. Someone can then pick up the A27 into Bexhill and Hastings.

If TJ and/or Nigel come, they may know the roads better (they ran the recent run up to Horam) and both have experience leading rides, so we could speak nicely to one of them.

I'll bring my big fluro jacket just in case!!

Ian

Last Action Pimp
15-11-05, 12:49 PM
i dont know if i can make it and i wont know till friday.

the route is complicated, maby a easier 1 is needed

and i only carried the plans on while the trouble was happening

Jelster
15-11-05, 01:03 PM
I'll look at plotting something along the same lines but similar when I get home this evening.

hall13uk
15-11-05, 01:05 PM
xvs2005 may not be able to attend so i am going to take the lead for now & help organise this rideout.
again :wink:

ok how about this route? I know it quite well so i don't have to do a reccie first, also it's a fair bit more striaght forward so less chance of people getting lost :) . it's also a very nice senic route too.

LEAVE BOXHILL 10:30 am
A24 to the A272 (LEFT TURN)
A272 to the A281 (RIGHT TURN)
A281 to the A23, (RIGHT TURN) heading towards brighton
A23 to the A27, GET INTO FAR LEFT LANE ON APPROACH TO FLYOVER & FOLLOW THE ROAD AROUND TO THE LEFT, STRIAGHT OVER THE 1ST ROUNDABOUT & RIGHT AT THE SECOND. heading towards lewes.
A27 to the B2123, falmer turn off (RIGHT TURN AT ROUNDABOUT) heading towards rottingdean.
B2123 to the A259 (LEFT TURN) heading towards newhaven/eastbourne.
STOPPING FOR BREAK & PETROL @ WIMPY BURGER BAR PEACEHAVEN
CONTINUE ON A259 FOR SOME TIME PASSING THROUGH NEWHAVEN & SEAFORD.
AFTER SEAFORD & ON APPROACH TO SEVEN SISTERS BEWARE OF NARROW BRIDGE OVER RIVER SINGLE FILE TRAFFIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A259 to the BIRLING GAP (RIGHT TURN AT FRISTON BEFORE EAST DEAN)
STOPPING FOR A BREAK AT THE TOP OF TOP OF THE BEACHY HEAD.
BEACHY HEAD to the B2103 (RIGHT TURN)
B2103 to the A259 (LEFT THEN RIGHT TURN AT EASTBOURNE)
A259 to HASTINGS (STOPPING FOR BREAK AT SEALIFE CENTRE)
AT WINCHELSEA BEWARE EXTREME RIGHT U TURN, APPROACHED FROM TOP OF STEEP HILL, LOW GEAR STRONGLY RECOMENDED.
A259 to CAMBER (RIGHT TURN AT EAST GULDEFORD)
FOLLOW ROAD & ARRIVE @ CAMBER :D

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS ON THIS ROUTE GOOD OR BAD THANKS JAMES

i think it's important that we decide on a route now as there are only 4 days left now. also i have a caravan at camber which i have decided i might stay in that night, it sleeps up to 4 people with room for more so let me know if you are intrested, no its not a pikey site it has 24hr security. & is very nice with a indoor swimming see here (http://www.park-resorts.com/park_info.asp?Type=&Display=ParkInfo&AreaID=2&ParkID=19)

JakeRS
15-11-05, 01:23 PM
hmm where's the sea life centre...

I know, but I can't picture it!

hall13uk
15-11-05, 01:31 PM
hmm where's the sea life centre...

I know, but I can't picture it!

right at the the far end of the seafront in a large carpark below the cliffs it's marked on all modern maps.

sea life centre, rock-a-nore parade (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=582750&Y=109500&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=5000&multimap.x=429&multimap.y=185)

JakeRS
15-11-05, 02:44 PM
ah ok, i'm sure I can find it, not been that far down the seafront in a while!

what sort of time will you guys be looking to get there? and is it ok if my ZX6 owning friend tags along?

hall13uk
15-11-05, 03:18 PM
ah ok, i'm sure I can find it, not been that far down the seafront in a while!

what sort of time will you guys be looking to get there? and is it ok if my ZX6 owning friend tags along?

i would say we should get too hastings at about 12pm ish. & i see no reason why your friend can't join us.

JakeRS
15-11-05, 03:37 PM
Ok, 12pm I will be there, as long as the weather is good. Whether or not my mate comes depends on a few things...

How will I recognise you lot :lol:

Viney
15-11-05, 03:54 PM
Just remember that 12pm meet, only gives you 4 hours daylight to play with. :D

hall13uk
15-11-05, 03:58 PM
Just remember that 12pm meet, only gives you 4 hours daylight to play with. :D
ok good point we will get to camber at 1pm so at the end of the ride we will 3 hrs daylight left.

JakeRS
15-11-05, 04:07 PM
so, you will all be in hastings 12pm-ish?

or are you re-arranging the timing?

hall13uk
15-11-05, 04:10 PM
ok this is now final. please be at boxhill by 10:30am as this is the time we are leaving. me & tommo shall be at clacket lane services at 9am should anyone wish to meet up before hand that day.

here is the route i will bring a load of extra copies in my tank bag.

LEAVE BOXHILL 10:30 am
A24 to the A272 (LEFT TURN)
A272 to the A281 (RIGHT TURN)
A281 to the A23, (RIGHT TURN) heading towards brighton
A23 to the A27, GET INTO FAR LEFT LANE ON APPROACH TO FLYOVER & FOLLOW THE ROAD AROUND TO THE LEFT, STRIAGHT OVER THE 1ST ROUNDABOUT & RIGHT AT THE SECOND. heading towards lewes.
A27 to the B2123, falmer turn off (RIGHT TURN AT ROUNDABOUT) heading towards rottingdean.
B2123 to the A259 (LEFT TURN) heading towards newhaven/eastbourne.
STOPPING FOR BREAK & PETROL @ WIMPY BURGER BAR PEACEHAVEN ETA 11:30
CONTINUE ON A259 FOR SOME TIME PASSING THROUGH NEWHAVEN & SEAFORD.
AFTER SEAFORD & ON APPROACH TO SEVEN SISTERS BEWARE OF NARROW BRIDGE OVER RIVER SINGLE FILE TRAFFIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A259 to the BIRLING GAP (RIGHT TURN AT FRISTON BEFORE EAST DEAN)
STOPPING FOR A BREAK AT THE TOP OF TOP OF THE BEACHY HEAD.
BEACHY HEAD to the B2103 (RIGHT TURN)
B2103 to the A259 (LEFT THEN RIGHT TURN AT EASTBOURNE)
A259 to HASTINGS (STOPPING FOR BREAK AT SEALIFE CENTRE) ETA 12pm
AT WINCHELSEA BEWARE EXTREME RIGHT U TURN, APPROACHED FROM TOP OF STEEP HILL, LOW GEAR STRONGLY RECOMENDED.
A259 to CAMBER (RIGHT TURN AT EAST GULDEFORD)
FOLLOW ROAD & ARRIVE @ CAMBER ETA 1pm

i shall be returning to london via the coast road to brighton (the way we came) then the m23 to the m25 jct8. thats just 1 jct short of boxhill i am sure u can all make your way from there.

see you all then :) James

$i
15-11-05, 06:31 PM
hall13uk. your a good man :thumbsup: . see you @ 10:30. :D

Last Action Pimp
15-11-05, 06:45 PM
how far is the route?? ??

hall13uk
15-11-05, 07:28 PM
how far is the route?? ?? just a far as the last one, just a different route :wink:

Last Action Pimp
15-11-05, 09:48 PM
as in how long is the route (how much petrol will i need)

JakeRS
16-11-05, 09:35 AM
top stuff. see you there if its nice enough weather!

JakeRS
16-11-05, 09:36 AM
top stuff, see you there, weather permitting!

Viney
16-11-05, 11:24 AM
as in how long is the route (how much petrol will i need)

That is the strangest question i think ever to be asked!

Why?

Id reckon 2 tanks max, all depending on how you ride etc etc etc

Last Action Pimp
16-11-05, 06:46 PM
because i am very poor and have very limited money and dont want run out 70 miles from home and have no money to get back!

i should be ok if i get paid the right money this week

hall13uk
16-11-05, 08:53 PM
because i am very poor and have very limited money and dont want run out 70 miles from home and have no money to get back!

i should be ok if i get paid the right money this week

hey fella, i would not just leave you stranded with no petrol. i can think of a few people i would leave but never an sv650.org user.

Last Action Pimp
16-11-05, 09:31 PM
i will have the money to get back, (i haven't started work yet this week so i might need to save)

i hate temp work, good money (when u can get the work)

anyway

how far is the route??

hall13uk
16-11-05, 09:38 PM
approx 100 miles each way from boxhill hth

Last Action Pimp
16-11-05, 09:42 PM
kool about a tank each way and pillion will pay for 1 (Cheers Rob)

i will see you there,

tee jey
18-11-05, 08:10 AM
Can I suggest we pass some mobile tel nos around via PMs especially as there is a group of us coming quite a distance (So'ton and P'mouth) just in case there are problems and we are delayed.

Scoobs
18-11-05, 08:15 AM
Can I suggest we pass some mobile tel nos around via PMs especially as there is a group of us coming quite a distance (So'ton and P'mouth) just in case there are problems and we are delayed.

Good idea TeeJ.

I'll PM mine to hall and XVS. If they could do the same back to me or text me when they get my PM, I think that will be sufficient.

hall13uk
18-11-05, 09:54 AM

Good idea TeeJ.

I'll PM mine to hall and XVS. If they could do the same back to me or text me when they get my PM, I think that will be sufficient.

i was going to suggest that, then my broadband went down late last night :roll: . dunno why, it seems fine this morning. i have wrote my mobile number on all the rideout plans i have printed off & i shall hand them out on the day. i shall pm scoobs now :wink:

Spiderman
18-11-05, 12:13 PM
Lunch at the outlaws for me i'm afraid :(

And the grandparents are down for it too so its doubly expected of me to be there.

Drat drat and double drat cos it looks like a great day for a winter ride. Bloody cold but also as sunny as you like. My kinda winters day.

Take some pics please peeps. Just so i can be even more gutted i missed this one :cry:

hall13uk
19-11-05, 11:07 AM
right see you all tomorrow. Take it easy on the roads when leaving in the morning it WILL be FROSTY pretty much every where south of london, also please be aware that tho the sun may have melted some the shade under bridges & in residental areas will harbour more frost.

safe journey all & i shall see u at boxhill.

Last Action Pimp
19-11-05, 11:09 AM
It's
Dorking
http://www.bbc.co.uk/home/symbols/1.gif
Max 7
Min -6

Camber
http://www.bbc.co.uk/home/symbols/1.gif
Max 8
Min -3

and if you want to find me at boxhill tomorrow i will be there from about 9.30 and my bike looks like this -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/xvs/7ef1f041.jpg

Viney
19-11-05, 12:34 PM
Any excuse to get a shot of your bike in ....huh in :)

Last Action Pimp
19-11-05, 01:44 PM
yeah, espically when u have the best lookin sv ever!!!

its going to be cold tomoz, wrap up warm

$i
19-11-05, 07:25 PM
yeah, espically when u have the best lookin sv ever!!!

:o :roll: . actually, mine "was"!

see you there tomorrow people! 10:30 sharp.....ish! :lol:

Last Action Pimp
19-11-05, 07:30 PM
Well yours cant be if you got ride of it?

i will be there from about 9.30ish with a cuppa

$i
19-11-05, 07:33 PM
didnt, it blew up! u said the best looking one not the most reliable! :lol:
I.E "was"!

T0mm0
19-11-05, 07:36 PM
Hi,

Yeah, the weather looks very sunny but cold. Wrap up warm, i think i'm meeting Halluk13 at Clackett Lane services (M25) either at the main entrance or the petrol station at 9am.
See you all at Boxhill sometime after that.

Cheers
Andy

T0mm0
20-11-05, 07:28 AM
Following on from my previous message, Hall and myself are meeting at the main entrance.

Cheers
T0mm0

Last Action Pimp
20-11-05, 09:03 AM
there is loads of frost on my bike this moring as i am sure many of you will find, i took photos (a black sv with white seats kool!!)

have fun its icy,

if anybodys running late for the 10.30 boxhill depart time phone me on 07775 900 165 to lets us know to wait for you!!!

$i
20-11-05, 09:21 AM
T'is V.Icy! Will be leaving @ 09:45. c u there!

tee jey
20-11-05, 04:53 PM
Home safe and sound, feeling is slowly returning to my feet :shock: . Great days riding, thanks Hall and XVS for all your work :lol: .

$i
20-11-05, 05:18 PM
Me 2. Just got in an F'in freezing! Nice to have met you all, if only briefly :lol: . Many thanx Hall/XVS. :thumbsup:

Scoobs
20-11-05, 05:37 PM
Home safe and sound, feeling is slowly returning to my feet :shock: . Great days riding, thanks Hall and XVS for all your work :lol: .

Ditto!

Decided that my IL4 didn't have enough character so I dropped it to add a little je ne ce quois! D'oh!

Flamin_Squirrel
20-11-05, 05:52 PM

Ditto!

Decided that my IL4 didn't have enough character so I dropped it to add a little je ne ce quois! D'oh!

:shock:

Droped as in it fell over, or droped as in crashed?

Oh, and please don't develop an inferiority complex like Jelster :o

Last Action Pimp
20-11-05, 05:55 PM
droped as in fell over at boxhill,

i am frozen my oxford inner gloves r pants,

i am just about to upload my photos i still got to get some off rob (my pillion) and chris (zzr 600)

cheers james for leading

hall13uk
20-11-05, 06:12 PM
aghh cold sooo cold :shock: , just got in good day. well apart from scoobs droping the h*nda & me nearly being taken out 2 times on the way to beachy head & then 2 times on the way back :roll: :roll: (bloodly stupid cagers & cyclist's)

will post pics when i can fully feel al my body parts again

Last Action Pimp
20-11-05, 06:16 PM
I AM UPLOADIG MINE NOW

Spiderman
20-11-05, 06:26 PM

Ditto!

Oh %$*&*&$$%$!!!! Scoobs, hope its just cosmetic "been in the wars cos i'm a well 'ard biker" and nothing more damaging.

Looking forward to pics of this motley crew ;)

ninja bobw
20-11-05, 06:31 PM

Glad to see you remembered about the IL4 character post :lol:

I hope damage is not too expensive Scoobs.

Blade washed of all the crud off the road today.Body now resuming normal temp.

Good day out even if we did leave at Beachy Head.Well done Hall13uk and XVS nice to meet some more names even if only breifly and me only being a visitor as it were.Will have to do it properly when its warmer and lighter later.

JakeRS
20-11-05, 06:36 PM
pity you were only in brighton when i was in hastings lol

would have been good to meet

hall13uk
20-11-05, 06:45 PM
pity you were only in brighton when i was in hastings lol

would have been good to meet yeah so sorry about that, it was so cold & condtions were worse than i thought. it was really hard to ride above 50 mph for any length of time.

hall13uk
20-11-05, 06:59 PM
pics posted in photo's section :)

making it easy for your frost bitten fingers (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=30333)

Fizzy Fish
20-11-05, 07:22 PM
looks very cold in the pics!!

Scoobs - I'm hoping the damage is not too bad??

T0mm0
20-11-05, 07:37 PM
Hi All,

Good rideout, big thanks to James and all for making me feel welcome, nice to put some faces to names.

I decided on the way back I go via Tonbridge Wells, it was very cold. Got home around 5 o'clockish.

Look forward to the next rideout.

Cheers
T0mm0
Black K4 SV650S

hall13uk
20-11-05, 07:38 PM
Scoobs - I'm hoping the damage is not too bad??

a new cator + carbon fibre engine casing cover & you will never know it happened :wink:

$i
20-11-05, 07:42 PM

The next rideout's to the arctic i think, i'll have to double check with Hall! :wink: :lol: :lol:

You mite need a map for this one to! :lol:

hall13uk
20-11-05, 07:45 PM

The next rideout's to the arctic i think, i'll have to double check with Hall! :wink: :lol: :lol:

pmsl :lol: yes u are nearly correct, greenland actally si :wink:

Fizzy Fish
20-11-05, 07:46 PM

Another freezing winter rideout? That's enthusiasm for you!! :thumbsup:

T0mm0
20-11-05, 07:49 PM
Can i re-phrase that,

I look forward to the next warmer (much warmer) rideout. :lol: :lol:

jonboy
20-11-05, 07:54 PM
Sorry to hear you dropped it Scoobs, hopefully it's just a scratch or two that'll more or less polish out ;).

Last Action Pimp
20-11-05, 07:56 PM
I AM BUYING A MAP, AND SOME THERMAL UNDIES FOR THE NEXT 1 (BOXHILL TO THE NORTH POLE)

iffy
21-11-05, 09:27 AM
Firstly I'd like to thank Hall and XVS for organising and getting the run together. Despite the initial cold, the day was good, and rounded off the season well.

I got home ok despite some technical probs.

When we were going past Brighton, I released that my throttle wasn't working properly, it wouldn't shutdown the revs. By the time I had managed to catch up with the others and persuade them to stop, it seems that the cable has probably frayed, and was sticking. So took it steady on the way home, and got here safely.

Can anyone advise how difficult it is to replace the cable myself? Also, which page(s) of the manual shows how to do it, I can't find it in the download section.

Thanks again

Ian

fizzwheel
21-11-05, 10:42 AM
Looks like it was fun if not a little cold

Sorry to hear you dropped your bike Scoobs, hope the damage isnt to bad :cry:

Peter Henry
21-11-05, 11:37 AM
This is just an echo.....glad all went well guys.But Scoobs? Report to my office immediately! :)