PDA

View Full Version : WhereRYaAll

yvo6
13-11-05, 06:08 PM
Where's all ma lads? :grouphug:

The sites gone a bit quiet, have u all gone into hibernation 4 the winter? :roll:

The newbees will be wondering whats happening...

anyone been anywhere?
done anything (preferably really stupid things)?
planning on going anywhere??
forgotten how to type??????

Giveus a bitta chat

H62
14-11-05, 09:37 AM
Hey yv06 first of all I hope you are keeping well and everything has healed good and proper. also what about the bike have you got it sorted yet.

I was wondering myself where everyone had gone as there hasn't been much chat on here for a while.

Sharpy
14-11-05, 05:13 PM
yo yvo what state is the silver dream machine in now.

Im still on the GSXR just havent got out much on it all summer been workin away.

padmane
14-11-05, 05:57 PM
I'm still out and about at the weekends in the ards area! Learning to ride this bike thingy.
I'll be of to the bike show on the Friday 25th to have a look around. Anyone else going?
So far I've seen first SV (Blue) in Bangor this Sunday. Anyone from here?
If so sorry I didnt stop. I had to meet the G.F. :-) and was enjoying the weather to much. :-)

morty
14-11-05, 06:07 PM
done anything (preferably really stupid things)?

I went and bought a kawasaki ZX6R :twisted: , great little bike, had it 2 or 3 weeks. Still have the SV though, will probably sell it but I would love to turn it into a trackday bike.

Ill probably be going to the show to, dont know which day though.

morty

yvo6
14-11-05, 06:09 PM
yo yvo what state is the silver dream machine in now.

Im still on the GSXR just havent got out much on it all summer been workin away.

Hey Hun

Its a wee bit like me - a bit second hand - :wink: but i've been out on it and getting my 'fix' of the two wheeled kind. Lovin every minute of it again, even it the derriere gets a bit frozen. :lol:

hoping for dry weekends to get the wheels turning

yvo6
14-11-05, 06:25 PM
I went and bought a kawasaki ZX6R :twisted: , great little bike, had it 2 or 3 weeks. Still have the SV though, will probably sell it but I would love to turn it into a trackday bike.

Ill probably be going to the show to, dont know which day though.

morty

Good for you huni! Just keep it between the hedges or white lines if you give it a blast at a Track Day.

I didnt get to the last Track Day in Oct cause the bike still needed a little work, but i am looking forward to next year.

Just bought a pair of Oxtar Evos to give a bit better protection (you know it makes sense) :lol: but havent been riding with them on yet. Roll on the next dry weekend. Now i will be one of the 'squeakies'.

:drink: To Mortys new Kwak :drink:

WicklowSV
15-11-05, 11:07 PM
Hey Yvonne!!

Hows things? Good to hear you have the silver machine rolling again :D

Things have been real quiet round here lately - forum was offline for a bit as well...

Was out on a great rideout last Sun - charity run for Richard Britton's family. Started from Skerries and went as far north as Monaghan and back to Trim. Tragically a biker was killed during the rideout :cry: - he was in a head on collision in Monaghan town. Turns out the guy was a mechanic for Richard Britton.

Hope all is well and good to hear both yerself and the SV are on the mend...

Cheers
Sean.

dclifford
16-11-05, 09:23 PM
Hi,
I am just back from holidays from Japan. I bought myself an Arai RX7 Nakano No. 2. It was only about £220 euro. I have seen it for £499 on visor shop.com.
I have also picked up an old VFR400 NC24. It needs a bit of work but that is why I bought it. It cost me 1000 euro.

alka
16-11-05, 10:08 PM
Good to hear your back in action again Yvonne!

dclifford did ya get the NC24 in Japan?
I bought an NC30 earlier this year and did some work on it and it was worth it, its a great fun little bike and that v4 engine really growls when ya open it up.

Oh yea, best of luck with the ZX6R morty!

morty
16-11-05, 10:55 PM
Oh yea, best of luck with the ZX6R morty!

Thanks alan, ill need it :roll:

yvo6
17-11-05, 12:09 PM
Hi young fellow.. good 2 hear from you

Was out on a great rideout last Sun - charity run for Richard Britton's family. Started from Skerries and went as far north as Monaghan and back to Trim. Tragically a biker was killed during the rideout :cry: - he was in a head on collision in Monaghan town. Turns out the guy was a mechanic for Richard Britton.

Thats bad news about that biker :cry: and that family has had enough sadness, but i suppose that is life.

- yep all mended up and looks like dry weekend so i will get the wheels turning Sat or Sunday n go somewhere local for a bit of a ride.

dclifford
17-11-05, 10:07 PM
alka,
I got the vfr here in Ireland, I bought it from a friend.
The bike is very loud, but is mostly due to the hole in exhaust manifold.

alka
17-11-05, 10:49 PM
Have fun working on it, I dont know how much work is needed on it but I ended up spending a lot more money on mine than I expected although its worth it in the end.

You will have all winter to work on it! :D

Michael S
08-12-05, 01:41 PM
Haven't been on the site for ages - you all have had a run to Scotland since, lucky sods.

Glad to see all the old skool are still around too.

The Bangor SV is currently in the winter restoration programme - as some of you know i like the bike to be well clean!

Hopefully having the bike setup by JD's in the new year - saw the SS400 races at Bishopscourt what an SV that was. GSXR front end inc radial brakes Penske rear shock etc etc.

Anyhow have to run.

PS Good to see Steve sees Black as best! A bit much to ask thats its shiny.